Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

Delia Interview

I didn''t see it but I heard that Delia has done an interview recently where she has admitted that she has turned down offers from china (?) because she wants nephew Tom to have the clib.

Does she think this kind of statement is going to make us fans feel more grateful?

What worries me is it''s lovely for young Tom to be given a football club with no debt but he won''t have any cash to throw in to the levels that football now needs.

I will always be grateful for when she bailed us out but there is always a time to move on and that time is now.

I''m sure nephew Tom would much rather have the cash from selling the club!!

I am not a big fan of Delia but do concede it is her club she bought it and owns it the rest of us pay to watch albeit we are emotionally attached. She has no kids and I have no problem her wanting a close relative to take over. If she had made decent top management decision more often than not no one would mind. At this rate of decline and we are shipping cash and prospects pretty quickly she will have little or nothing to pass on

That''s my point YC, football has changed so much over the last 5 or so years that unless you join the bandwagon you will only go one direction and unfortunately for us that''s backwards!

Football is now ALL about money and sentiment isn''t going to take any club forward.

Yes it''s her club but it''s also the fans club and for the good of the fans she really does need to spot the obvious and fast!!

I agree the pl is an obscene affair all about cash but the championship isn''t. Most of the clubs above us not counting the top two have no great amount of money but by accident or design have better managers and make better signings with far less cash. Its more about making far better use of what you have we have wasted shedloads over the past 4 seasons and the pot will be empty soon

I don''t think thats entirely accurate, that she actually turned down any offer from China.She implied that she would be likely to, but I don''t think the comment was in relation to a specific offer, that had been made.

[quote user="morty"]I don''t think thats entirely accurate, that she actually turned down any offer from China.She implied that she would be likely to, but I don''t think the comment was in relation to a specific offer, that had been made.[/quote]I''m assuming this is separate to the Times interview?

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]I don''t think thats entirely accurate, that she actually turned down any offer from China.She implied that she would be likely to, but I don''t think the comment was in relation to a specific offer, that had been made.[/quote]I''m assuming this is separate to the Times interview?[/quote]Almost certainly not. I assume this is some garbled version at several removes (ie typical of the internet in its unreliability) of the Times interview. If Delia had given a separate interview in which she had admitted to turning down any proper offers (leaving aside the fact that she cannot do that of her own accord) from China or anywhere you would not have been able to move here for multiple threads.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]I don''t think thats entirely accurate, that she actually turned down any offer from China.She implied that she would be likely to, but I don''t think the comment was in relation to a specific offer, that had been made.[/quote]I''m assuming this is separate to the Times interview?[/quote]Almost certainly not. I assume this is some garbled version at several removes (ie typical of the internet in its unreliability) of the Times interview. If Delia had given a separate interview in which she had admitted to turning down any proper offers (leaving aside the fact that she cannot do that of her own accord) from China or anywhere you would not have been able to move here for multiple threads.[/quote]Makes sense on all fronts Purple.