Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

So if nothing changes as manager, which players need to go?

Clearly there won''t be that many that that leave us but realistically who needs to be shipped out to make room for some new players?

For me we need to cash in on Brady, Naismith, Klose, Lafferty and Olsson (strange that he signed an extension) but what do others think?

I''d also like us to get rid of Bennett and Martin but that''s just personal wishful thinking!!

With the requirement to reduce our wage bill to less than half of that today we should start with Murphy, Klose, Brady, Naismith, Pinto, Olson, Tettey, Howson, Naismith, Jerome and Olivera. None of these players will be affordable with a natural turnover of 30m and a desire to remain debt free.

Can''t see any sense in letting Olson go unless we have a very good and cheap replacement lined up but for me we should move on as many as we can from:

Ruddy, Jones (bring back Rudd from loan) Bennett, Bassong, Brady, Naismith, Dorrans, and Lafferty.

You could probably add Turner and Whittaker as well but even if we tried to we couldn''t move all of them in one window so I guess in reality the list has to adjust according to who does actually go and whether we sign any replacements.

If we can sign any really good replacements then fantastic but I''d rather see the youngsters play than ''experienced, reliable professionals'' who are bang average.

I think we need to ship out some of the more established players, not just to reduce the wage bill but also because a lot of the squad are around 30 years old and their value is diminishing.Looking through the squad, there''s an alarming number of players in this category: Hoolahan (34), Turner, Whittaker, McGovern (32), Martin, Bassong, Naismith, Jerome, Jarvis, Ruddy, Tettey (30), Dorrans, Mulumbu, Lafferty (29), Olsson, Klose, Howson (28). That''s 11 players who are 30 or above.I''d be looking to get rid of Turner, Whittaker, Tettey, Naismith, Lafferty and Jarvis. I think we can pretty much guarantee that Klose will be gone, and probably Brady too. Those two alone should generate between £15-20m.

Whether Neil is the manager is irrelevant, the same clear our is needed.

Turner, Whittaker, Martin, Bennett, ruddy, olsson, bassong, tettey and perhaps even howson are on my sell list.

[quote user="ZLF"]Whether Neil is the manager is irrelevant, the same clear our is needed.

Turner, Whittaker, Martin, Bennett, ruddy, olsson, bassong, tettey and perhaps even howson are on my sell list.[/quote]So you would sell all our centre backs except Klose, who will probably leave anyway? Don''t see the sense in selling Martin or Bennett. Martin remains a useful squad player, and Bennett is reasonable at this level and hasn''t yet reached his peak. I agree that our defence needs a major overhaul, but it needs to be done methodically, rather than getting rid of them all and expecting an entirely new unit to gel overnight.

OUT:

Whittaker

Turner

Andreu

Bassong

Lafferty

Mulumbu

Naismith

McGovern

Jones

Tettey

Dorrans

Build a team/squad around

Brady, Klose, Pinto, Ollson, Toffolo, Pritchard, Maddison, Jacob Murphy, Canos, Thompson, Oliviera, Howson plus new signings.

My real concern is how we will attract quality players in with Neil''s position so precarious and us potentially around mid table