Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Get Rowett in NOW!

Yes 100%

Alex Neil isn''t a bad manager. But he makes mistakes and the fact is we are now very firmly a mid table championship side, under performing, and we simply will not gain promotion this season if we continue with AN.

Whilst I like Rowett, for me he''s in that same bracket as AN, in that he''s up and coming, but very little experience.

I was an AN fan, but he''s proving too predictable for me (& seemingly for opponents, and I think we''ve now been found out) so I can''t see him improving things here now.

Is Rowett better. Not sure. IMO I''d like us to see someone like Pardew here, as I don''t think he''ll last much longer at Palace.

Getting rid of a manager is one thing. Finding someone who will take you forward is another!

Would feel a bit like change for changes sake, for me.Not convinced Rowett is a better manager than Alex Neil. Unless, of course, you think our woes are all just down to the manager, then you likely disagree.

Interestingly, listening to Talksport last night theybhad a few Brum fans come on who could see why Rowett was sacked...

Performances not good, being masked as results

Money wasted in transfer windows, spending millions on players & not playing them

Sounds a bit like Alex Neil''s Norwich to me...

The next managerial decision will not be easy. I do tend to favour track record which is why I earn to alexander got Fleetwood promoted and Scunthorpe top of league 1 all on a shoestring which may be where we will be soon. Pardew does well then burns out in season 2 or 3. Rowett has potential but little track record it would be a gamble but status quo cannot be an option for much longer

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The next managerial decision will not be easy. I do tend to favour track record which is why I earn to alexander got Fleetwood promoted and Scunthorpe top of league 1 all on a shoestring which may be where we will be soon. Pardew does well then burns out in season 2 or 3. Rowett has potential but little track record it would be a gamble but status quo cannot be an option for much longer[/quote]You''re suggesting Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi manage us?

Rogue Baboon, they''ve only spent £3 million this season and just over £2 million the previous season-not exactly huge spending so perhaps those fans are not being fair on him?

What is the fascination with this guy? Sorry but I''d happily take Roy over him every day of the week. If Roy would be prepared to come here then we should jump at that chance.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The next managerial decision will not be easy. I do tend to favour track record which is why I earn to alexander got Fleetwood promoted and Scunthorpe top of league 1 all on a shoestring which may be where we will be soon. Pardew does well then burns out in season 2 or 3. Rowett has potential but little track record it would be a gamble but status quo cannot be an option for much longer[/quote]You''re suggesting Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi manage us?[/quote]

They''re not going to be an option much longer, Morty, maybe they''re taking a gig elsewhere.

[quote user="Matt Morriss"]Yes 100%

Alex Neil isn''t a bad manager. But he makes mistakes and the fact is we are now very firmly a mid table championship side, under performing, and we simply will not gain promotion this season if we continue with AN.[/quote]

He really is a bad manager, I couldn''t see any other club at this level taking him on

No one was suggesting Rowett before he was unjustly sacked. After the media out cry, he''s now the best thing since sliced bread. I would happily take Roy, think we need a bit of experience after AN and Adams. Having said that, if we do go after Rowett I wouldn''t be disappointed, I would take almost anyone over Alex Neil.

Rowett wasn''t even mentioned till he got the sack. As others have said it would be a bit like for like.I''m worryingly thinking about Hodgson! I certainly think we need an old experienced head to steady the ship. Probably not him but I can''t think who. There definitelty needs to be a change tho.

All managers (like people generally) make mistakes.

Alex Neil doesn''t appear to learn from his mistakes unfortunately, he keeps repeating them.

That surely is the problem.

Despite me constantly howling at the TV (and the odd game live at Wembley) during his reign as England manager, of all the names mentioned, I would go with Hodgson. I think he would bring a stability we desperately need and would make us difficult to beat (albeit, deadly boring).

All of the others are too much of a gamble, when now is not the time to be placing all of our savings on red.

Like many, I wanted AN to work out but, in my opinion, he has run his course and I just don''t see where the turn around is going to come from. If we are going to change, now is the time and not in a few weeks or a month.

Pointless speculation, the Board are sticking with him for the moment and things need to get far worse to force a change. A couple of poor away results and a no show and Boo-fest against Derby could light the blue touch paper but that scenario is by no means certain. I would guess he needs a minimum of 4-5 points from the next 3 games to feel reasonably safe. This Board seem set on giving him plenty more rope yet. On my Out-Ometer, the needle barely flickered much beyond the mildly annoyed and frustrated mark.

The thing with all the posters that are turning their noses up at Hodgson, is that we would have to convince him that this is a good job for him, he will have his sights on a bigger move than us. I can''t believe some are so against a manager with his cv

I''ve seen enough and had enough of Neil now and the sooner he goes the better. Rowett would be a gamble and far too like for like with what we''ve now got. Hodgson until the end of the season possibly, but he may be waiting to see how long Pardew can hang in at Palace.Absolutely loved the way how Wagner had Huddersfield set up and how they hunted in packs , passed and moved. Best side I''ve seen this season. That''s now we should be playing.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]I''ve seen enough and had enough of Neil now and the sooner he goes the better. Rowett would be a gamble and far too like for like with what we''ve now got. Hodgson until the end of the season possibly, but he may be waiting to see how long Pardew can hang in at Palace.Absolutely loved the way how Wagner had Huddersfield set up and how they hunted in packs , passed and moved. Best side I''ve seen this season. That''s now we should be playing.[/quote]Whilst I don''t disagree that Wagner and his team were very good, it kind of illustrates the cyclical aspect, and also momentum direction of football.We are a team that is slightly imbalanced in regards to age and experience, a team that has been relegated. For Huddersfield, think us under Lambert, a team going in the opposite direction.We are very much swimming against the tide.

Thanks Lessingham, was about to mention that. I like Rowett as he''s got a team of limited players performing well above their individual abilities, pretty much the opposite of Neil right now.

I like what Rowett has done at Brum, on a limited budget, is he the right man for us ? not sure, maybe with Hodgson in a role of Sporting Director with a young manager like Rowett might work.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]I like what Rowett has done at Brum, on a limited budget, is he the right man for us ? not sure, maybe with Hodgson in a role of Sporting Director with a young manager like Rowett might work.[/quote]Thing is though, for where we are now, and the division we are in, we don''t really have that limited a budget, for the next season or two anyway.Look at what Hughton did as soon as we gave him money to spend.

@morty

I believe he''s earned the chance to work with a bigger budget. That''s why I''d like him here. But for now I just want someone who can get a clearly talented squad playing to its potential and I think he can do that.

Hodgson for me either as Director of Football or manager.

I think that we nee the experience that he would bring directly onto the pitch. Therefore i would play him up front.

[quote user="morty"]Would feel a bit like change for changes sake, for me.Not convinced Rowett is a better manager than Alex Neil. Unless, of course, you think our woes are all just down to the manager, then you likely disagree.[/quote]Same Morty as Norwichtalk? He''s certainly less experienced than Neil. If he were to be sacked, I''d want Hodgson. That maybe because I''m a Baggie and know what he did for us. the problem is half manager, half Investment. It''s a harsh bullet to bite, but, your board needs to invest into the club. Hodgson in this case would be a better bet

I think whoever comes in, they will have to have a plan for a bit of a overhaul with our squad. We have an ageing squad who are high earners for a championship club. We have too many attacking midfielders on our books being; Prichard, Hoolahan, Maddison, Naismith, Andreu. That''s five players whilst there is only 1 position available (apart from the subs bench).

We have the same predicament with our strikers. We have; Jerome, Oliviera, Lafferty and Morris. That''s four players fighting for one position. Overall that is 9 players fighting for 2 positions That''s a total waste of our financial resources and that has to be down to poor recruitment.

Meanwhile we are starting the same CBs as we have been doing in the last 3 seasons and are proven that they''re not capable in the PL.

Our midfield isn''t much better. Dorrans, Howson, Tetty, Thompson and Mulumbu. Since Mulumbu arrived he is only just starting to show signs of what he is capable of. Tetty is getting older (30) and doesn''t seem to get better, in fact his form is pretty poor atm. Dorrans will be 30 early next year and Howson, 29. Both of them are good footballers but both of them are high earners and currently we can''t seem to play both with an AM without looking lightweight.

Everything seems to be in a bit of a mess. I think whoever comes in will need a clear vision of the future and the backing of the board. Would Gary Rowett be the man to offer that? I''m not sure.