Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Not FIT enough.

Had my concerns about the squads fitness all season. We were second to the ball on every occasion last night, not reacting to second balls, slow in possession, slow to close down and hesitant in the tackle. No movement off the ball either to give the player in possession options.

How many times in the second half was Ollson left isolated due to Brady being out of position or not tracking back quick enough.

Mulumbu and Dorrans were out on there feet after just 20 mins and got over ran by the three Huddersfield midfielders. Our midfield did not lose there battles because the players they were playing against were better than them, no. Simply they were just fitter and quicker than us to and on the ball.

Hudersfield on the other hand were pressing high, fast into the tackle, slick and moved off the ball well.

To have fatigue issues due to playing Tues and Fri is quite frankly unacceptable, this has been an issue all season. How many times this season have we come from behind to a winning position, how many times have we conceded late in a game?

We need to get back to basics and start improving the fitness levels.

I did mention that on the match thread last night. We are woefully unfit. And that makes our thinking process all the slower.

I noticed this too, Dorrans and Brady in particular. Also, Huddersfield weren''t a massive team, but seemed to win a huge proportion of aerial balls over the course of the match. And leaving Murphy on for 90 minutes when his fitness and influence were clearly waning was quite remarkable.I''m sure AN would bristle if asked the question and claim that all their analysis proves the fitness levels are very high, but they certainly didn''t look nearly as sprightly as Huddersfield (who also played on Tuesday night, of course). I think the players are uninterested in fighting for the manager any more, and the disparity between what Neil is saying and seeing, and what appears to be the reality of the situation, is becoming alarmingly vast.

Really impressed with the Huddersfield no 45 (Palmer I think), seemed to have it all, big lad, very mobile, good in the air, nice touch good passer, fit and could tackle. Would love him or similar in our midfield

[quote user="Alfie54"]Really impressed with the Huddersfield no 45 (Palmer I think), seemed to have it all, big lad, very mobile, good in the air, nice touch good passer, fit and could tackle. Would love him or similar in our midfield[/quote]Who would have thought it, people criticising our dearth of midfielders earlier in the season, but now we struggle to like any of them.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]Really impressed with the Huddersfield no 45 (Palmer I think), seemed to have it all, big lad, very mobile, good in the air, nice touch good passer, fit and could tackle. Would love him or similar in our midfield[/quote]Who would have thought it, people criticising our dearth of midfielders earlier in the season, but now we struggle to like any of them.[/quote]

Again, you seem incapable of reading and actually understanding what''s written, we don''t have anybody like that and I think it would make a big difference. Also you don''t seem to understand the meaning of dearth, to help, it means lack of

[quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]Really impressed with the Huddersfield no 45 (Palmer I think), seemed to have it all, big lad, very mobile, good in the air, nice touch good passer, fit and could tackle. Would love him or similar in our midfield[/quote]Who would have thought it, people criticising our dearth of midfielders earlier in the season, but now we struggle to like any of them.[/quote]

Again, you seem incapable of reading and actually understanding what''s written, we don''t have anybody like that and I think it would make a big difference. Also you don''t seem to understand the meaning of dearth, to help, it means lack of[/quote]My mistake.And calm down, it was self deprecation.Theres another big word, hopefully used in the correct context.

At this stage of the season I think it''s more likely to a confidence problem. Players on their game find that extra yard and make the run of the ball work for them.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]Really impressed with the Huddersfield no 45 (Palmer I think), seemed to have it all, big lad, very mobile, good in the air, nice touch good passer, fit and could tackle. Would love him or similar in our midfield[/quote]Who would have thought it, people criticising our dearth of midfielders earlier in the season, but now we struggle to like any of them.[/quote]

Again, you seem incapable of reading and actually understanding what''s written, we don''t have anybody like that and I think it would make a big difference. Also you don''t seem to understand

the meaning of dearth, to help, it means lack of[/quote]My mistake.And calm down, it was self deprecation.Theres another big word, hopefully used in the correct context.[/quote]

Unfortunately not. If you set yourself up to correct other peoples spelling and grammar, you really need to be beyond reproach

Very impressed with Huddersfield on many levels.  Clear rotation policy meaning they change winning teams (four after Saturday''s win, five after tuesday''s win) also meaning they keep fitter than opposition teams who don''t rotate.  It works for Newcastle too - two of the top three teams in the division.  No co-incidence they are there in a long season where games come quick and fast and they use a rotation policy to keep things fresh. Are we fit enough?  Who knows, but it is surely time Wes/Pritchard and even Canos had more of a look in to keep things fresh.  

[quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]Really impressed with the Huddersfield no 45 (Palmer I think), seemed to have it all, big lad, very mobile, good in the air, nice touch good passer, fit and could tackle. Would love him or similar in our midfield[/quote]Who would have thought it, people criticising our dearth of midfielders earlier in the season, but now we struggle to like any of them.[/quote]

Again, you seem incapable of reading and actually understanding what''s written, we don''t have anybody like that and I think it would make a big difference. Also you don''t seem to understand

the meaning of dearth, to help, it means lack of[/quote]My mistake.And calm down, it was self deprecation.Theres another big word, hopefully used in the correct context.[/quote]

Unfortunately not. If you set yourself up to correct other peoples spelling and grammar, you really need to be beyond reproach[/quote]Learning how the quote function works would also be a good choice, if you''re going to climb on your high horse....

[quote user="lake district canary"]Very impressed with Huddersfield on many levels.  Clear rotation policy meaning they change winning teams (four after Saturday''s win, five after tuesday''s win) also meaning they keep fitter than opposition teams who don''t rotate.  It works for Newcastle too - two of the top three teams in the division.  No co-incidence they are there in a long season where games come quick and fast and they use a rotation policy to keep things fresh. Are we fit enough?  Who knows, but it is surely time Wes/Pritchard and even Canos had more of a look in to keep things fresh.  

[/quote]Are their fans numpties too?

This is why we get physically ''bullied'' by teams. Neil has referred to this several times but it doesn''t seem to occur to him that pre-season and coaching should ensure this isn''t the case.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]Really impressed with the Huddersfield no 45 (Palmer I think), seemed to have it all, big lad, very mobile, good in the air, nice touch good passer, fit and could tackle. Would love him or similar in our midfield[/quote]Who would have thought it, people criticising our dearth of midfielders earlier in the season, but now we struggle to like any of them.[/quote]

Unfortunately not. If you set yourself up to correct other peoples spelling and grammar, you really need to be beyond reproach[/quote]Learning how the quote function works would also be a good choice, if you''re going to climb on your high horse....[/quote]

If I had criticised your use of the quote function you would have a point, I haven''t , so you don''t

morty wrote the following post at 17/12/2016 12:41 PM:

Alfie54 wrote:

morty wrote:

Alfie54 wrote:

morty wrote:

Alfie54 wrote:

Really impressed with the Huddersfield no 45 (Palmer I think), seemed to have it all, big lad, very mobile, good in the air, nice touch good passer, fit and could tackle. Would love him or similar in our midfield

Who would have thought it, people criticising our dearth of midfielders earlier in the season, but now we struggle to like any of them.

Again, you seem incapable of reading and actually understanding what''s written, we don''t have anybody like that and I think it would make a big difference. Also you don''t seem to understand the meaning of dearth, to help, it means lack of

My mistake.

And calm down, it was self deprecation.

Theres another big word, hopefully used in the correct context.

Unfortunately not. If you set yourself up to correct other peoples spelling and grammar, you really need to be beyond reproach

Learning how the quote function works would also be a good choice, if you''re going to climb on your high horse....

Small man, big horse, you''ll never manage it Morty.

Try a donkey.

[quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]Really impressed with the Huddersfield no 45 (Palmer I think), seemed to have it all, big lad, very mobile, good in the air, nice touch good passer, fit and could tackle. Would love him or similar in our midfield[/quote]Who would have thought it, people criticising our dearth of midfielders earlier in the season, but now we struggle to like any of them.[/quote]

Unfortunately not. If you set yourself up to correct other peoples spelling and grammar, you really need to be beyond reproach[/quote]Whoop''s.

Tuesday with Villa players was so tired especially Mulumbu and Dorrans.

only on Friday we try to use same 11 and same system in game that come too early imo for same setup.

We was totally outplayed and always second best for 50-50 balls.

Mulumbu also kids know have no stamina for 2 games in short space but still he start despite fully fit Tettey who look like Pirlo compared Mulumbu yesterday second half lol.

Simply too many tactical mistakes from AN for so competitive league like this.

We played bad since very long time but somehow we win over poor teams.

Even top of league not lift enough this players so now we are on free fall.

Seems he alone will not live so is time board to react,soon will be too late even for play offs and we will need to fully rebuild this squad as still i believe there is too much quality inside we too look so clueless.

It''s not fitness that''s the problem but tiredness.  AN should have rotated the squad as Huddersfield did. As others have said, he did not want to change a winning team out of  fear. A big mistake.