Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

If Alex Neil stays, I quit.

The season tickets I have held for over 10 years will end, enough is enough.I shall dust down the armchair and moan from there when I feel the need.And I know I am not the only one, no matter what some might say.Who else feels this strong?

Or even Woman up for all Guardian readers in case they think you are being homophobic

Inch High aka Inchy.. wrote the following post at 17/12/2016 4:53 PM:

Do you think anybody gives a *** princess?The board defiantly doesn''t and I had good years under Chase.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Last 10 years is a hell of a ride. The next ten are unlikely to be anything like as exciting. Probably the right call.[/quote]The Grim Reaper will have to tear my season ticket from my cold dead hands.[Y]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Last 10 years is a hell of a ride. The next ten are unlikely to be anything like as exciting. Probably the right call.[/quote]The Grim Reaper will have to tear my season ticket from my cold dead hands.[Y][/quote][:D]

ricardo wrote the following post at 17/12/2016 4:53 PM:

You''ve probably had the most exciting ten years in NCFC history did you but know it.

No where near the most exiting 10 years in our history. 84-94 wipes the floor with it

[quote user="dibbler"]That''s the difference, I''m not a happy clapper.[/quote]Not much of a supporter either if you quit when the going gets tough....

If you really had a season ticket for 10 years then you have stuck around for Grant, Roeder and Gunn. I am amazed that anybody thinks our current situation is somehow worse than those days.

But then, you could just be another troll I guess.

It''s not about when the going gets tough, it''s about the arogance of the board and their backing of a clueless manager over the fans.

[quote user="dibbler"]It''s not about when the going gets tough, it''s about the arogance of the board and their backing of a clueless manager over the fans.[/quote]Nah, not buying it I''m afraid.Things have been a lot, lot worse than this.

[quote user="JF"]ricardo wrote the following post at 17/12/2016 4:53 PM:

You''ve probably had the most exciting ten years in NCFC history did you but know it.

No where near the most exiting 10 years in our history. 84-94 wipes the floor with it[/quote]it wasn''t bad, a longish run in the top league, gates in the high teens a Milk Cup win and an FA semi. Yes decent but for me doesn''t match the last ten for ups and downs and full houses.

It boils down to two types of scenario for me.

Are you a loyal supporter who will follow City through thick (as you have been party to for the past 10 bandwagon-jumping years) and thin (ask Ricky and the old fellers about Divison 3 South and re-election)?

Or are you someone who wants value for money and who''s level of expectation is inherent to the modern fan and who gets overly worked up about things you have zero chance of influencing?

If it''s the latter then take your hard earned cash, get a Sky Sports subscription and Naff Off to watch Chelsea or Barcelona if you want regular gratification.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="dibbler"]It''s not about when the going gets tough, it''s about the arogance of the board and their backing of a clueless manager over the fans.[/quote]Nah, not buying it I''m afraid.Things have been a lot, lot worse than this.[/quote]Maybe they have Morty, but if Dibbler feels like that, then I can''t say I blame him.  I''ve supported these since about 1960, I''m a dyed in the wool plastic now as we are called, so I watch from afar.  But I have to admit to being more than a bit fed up with it all.  If I had one I think I would be surrendering my ST now.  When I used to attend CR regularly, I couldn''t afford a ST, then when I came back from living abroad every bugger had one LOL!

it wasn''t bad, a longish run in the top league, gates in the high teens a Milk Cup win and an FA semi. Yes decent but for me doesn''t match the last ten for ups and downs and full houses.

You forgot to mention finishing 3rd in the premier league and competing in the uafa cup. Far more exiting

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="dibbler"]It''s not about when the going gets tough, it''s about the arogance of the board and their backing of a clueless manager over the fans.[/quote]Nah, not buying it I''m afraid.Things have been a lot, lot worse than this.[/quote]Maybe they have Morty, but if Dibbler feels like that, then I can''t say I blame him.  I''ve supported these since about 1960, I''m a dyed in the wool plastic now as we are called, so I watch from afar.  But I have to admit to being more than a bit fed up with it all.  If I had one I think I would be surrendering my ST now.  When I used to attend CR regularly, I couldn''t afford a ST, then when I came back from living abroad every bugger had one LOL![/quote]I genuinely do not know what I would do with myself, if I didn''t follow City, home and away.

At least Dibblers calling it as it is for him. There''s a lot of others who have obviously stopped going at some point. Would be interesting to hear what their tipping point was.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]It boils down to two types of scenario for me.

Are you a loyal supporter who will follow City through thick (as you have been party to for the past 10 bandwagon-jumping years) and thin (ask Ricky and the old fellers about Divison 3 South and re-election)?

Or are you someone who wants value for money and who''s level of expectation is inherent to the modern fan and who gets overly worked up about things you have zero chance of influencing?

If it''s the latter then take your hard earned cash, get a Sky Sports subscription and Naff Off to watch Chelsea or Barcelona if you want regular gratification.[/quote]

No there is a third option, having been here through thick& thin since 1977, I would like to say I''ve changed from a supporter to a customer as the club has driven this forward.

Gone are the days of fans being a valued asset to a pain in the arse, as it''s the tv money which is the holy grail.

After nearly 30 years of season ticket this is my last as I''ve had enough of the corporate Norwich City, unlike the club I started and followed home & away over the years.

Delia has a dislike for the Best Fans In The World, they are just part of the grand scheme of owning a club, nights like last night must drive her mad, 10 thousand fans chanting Delia sort it out!

I can understand the sentiment to be honest. The current board and their sentimental loyalty to a failing manager is just so massively frustrating. Seeing us underperform and waste an opportunity is far more frustrating than watching us when we genuinely had very few decent players.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Watch a film or put on a good album, morty.[/quote]Theres 6 other days in the week to do that.In fact yesterday I watched a film at the cinema, and went to footy as well[:)]