Sign in to follow this  
FCC

Alex, Kenny, or Roy

Possible replacements could be Jez''s mate Kenny Jackett or Delias old chum Roy Hodgson.

I imagine any joy at getting rid of the manager would be short lived given these two.

Not sure that Hodgson would necessarily be as bad a choice as you suggest. Unlike pretty much all of our appointments over the last 10 or so years he does, at least, have a track record of managing with a degree of success at high levels. I think, more to the point, he''d be highly unlikely to want to come here anyway and I doubt that we''d be willing to pay the wages that a manager of that level would expect.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Highland wrote;

Bruce 13th

Lambert 18th

Warnock 20th

You missed Mcarthy ?[/quote]

Getting a nosebleed at 15th[:D]

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Highland wrote;

Bruce 13th

Lambert 18th

Warnock 20th

Getting a nosebleed at 15th[:D][/quote]What about Lennon?I''m sure he''s doing well?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Highland wrote;

Bruce 13th

Lambert 18th

Warnock 20th

Getting a nosebleed at 15th[:D][/quote]What about Lennon?I''m sure he''s doing well?[/quote]If Lennon was here i would bet good money he would be doing a better job than the brain dead low level Jock we have here now .What this club needs is Delia Smith and the rest of her family to be collected by the Grim Reaper , then you would see immediate improvement. Roll on the day.

[quote user="Time to go Delia"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Highland wrote;

Bruce 13th

Lambert 18th

Warnock 20th

Getting a nosebleed at 15th[:D][/quote]What about Lennon?I''m sure he''s doing well?[/quote]If Lennon was here i would bet good money he would be doing a better job than the brain dead low level Jock we have here now .What this club needs is Delia Smith and the rest of her family to be collected by the Grim Reaper , then you would see immediate improvement. Roll on the day.[/quote]Wheres Lennon managing now?I forget.

[quote user="Time to go Delia"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Highland wrote;

Bruce 13th

Lambert 18th

Warnock 20th

Getting a nosebleed at 15th[:D][/quote]What about Lennon?I''m sure he''s doing well?[/quote]If Lennon was here i would bet good money he would be doing a better job than the brain dead low level Jock we have here now .What this club needs is Delia Smith and the rest of her family to be collected by the Grim Reaper , then you would see immediate improvement. Roll on the day.[/quote]Nice. Hoping Delia will die just because the team is shit. Quality human[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Time to go Delia"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Highland wrote;

Bruce 13th

Lambert 18th

Warnock 20th

Getting a nosebleed at 15th[:D][/quote]What about Lennon?I''m sure he''s doing well?[/quote]If Lennon was here i would bet good money he would be doing a better job than the brain dead low level Jock we have here now .What this club needs is Delia Smith and the rest of her family to be collected by the Grim Reaper , then you would see immediate improvement. Roll on the day.[/quote]Wheres Lennon managing now?He is still managing , unlike most of the managerial appointments Delia has made , Gunn , Grant , Roeder, Hamilton . Alex Neil will join that list if he is very lucky maybe some League 2 Scottish outfit will take him on but he will never manage in England again . Mans a total fraud who had success with Neil Adams side but has failed on every level since , his transfer dealings are the worst in the history of the club . Wouldnt put him in charge of an unser 10''s school team .I forget.[/quote]

Non of them. Said it before and I''ll say it again get in alexander from Scunthorpe he has done wonders there and Fleetwood on peanuts and has the potential to have a lambert type impact. Deserves his chance at a bigger club.

If and that''s a big IF we were to replace Alex it could only be Big Sam for me. We won''t like the football he will play but he will get us back in the Prem, stay there for 3/4 seasons refill the money bank then start all over again with a more exciting footballing manager.

Other than that for me we stick...

For all we know Alex, Delia & Co may well have sat around the table and concluded that the failing players aren''t really good enough but will give their experience one more season to get back in the Prem.

Then end of this season start a clear out saving some experience to blend with youth and drop to a 3 year plan to return to the top flight with the youngsters who will by then be more experienced.

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]

For all we know Alex, Delia & Co may well have sat around the table and concluded that the failing players aren''t really good enough but will give their experience one more season to get back in the Prem.

Then end of this season start a clear out saving some experience to blend with youth and drop to a 3 year plan to return to the top flight with the youngsters who will by then be more experienced.[/quote]

That said, for all we know they probably (hopefully) have decided nothing of the sort. Adopting a 3-year plan to get back when we currently have an allegedly strong squad and the parachute payments would be unambitious and defeatist in the extreme.

I Would like someone with experience of top league clubs so he can set the club up for years to come

so someone who will look at the youth coaches and set up and change if needed

1st team coaches get rid of deadwood

i think we need to rebuild a strong base

i think a lot of problems run deeper than the 1st team Manager and we need someone who has experienced top flight league clubs and how it should be run

to many people here have a easy ride

Now i have talked of Experience so my choice might be odd But i would get Giggs

why because he has Experienced the best and Knows how a successful club should be run

instant respect from everyone in world football

contacts as long as his arms and legs

knows what youth reserve and 1st team coaches should be doing

Can he Manage ? well alot of people think he can

would be a lot fresher than some old manager who has been there and failed

has a lot to prove also lives and breathes a winning attitude !!

also may help with signing younger players

imagine you were signing for a club Ryan Giggs Talking to you or Alex Neil ?

Yes, but our allegedly strong (and large) squad is in practice probably only a little better than the average in this division.

The parachute payments are an important factor though, so I''d be perfectly happy with a simple 18 month plan that went:

1. Accept that we''re highly unlikely to get promotion this season and drop the current underperformers in the team (50-60% of them?) to give the youngsters a chance in all areas of the team.

2. January window try and move on players like Brady, Naismith etc who aren''t part of our future and may well fetch better money than in the summer.

3. Next summer spend some real money on a small number of players but with the quality to improve whichever areas we need to improve once the youngsters have shown what they could do.

4. Aim for promotion next season with a young but talented team, perhaps with a bit more strengthening in January although I think you normally need to be pretty astute and very lucky to make good signings in the January wondow.

The bottom line is you could bring virtually any manager in right now and they couldn''t do any worse. To lose 7 in 9 with the squad we''ve got in comparison to the majority of our competitors is inconceivable. The only thing more inconceivable is the fact the board and fans are allowing this to continue. Utter shambles.

No , bottom line is that the cook and her leftwing servants won''t replace the jock until it''s too late and season is lost. We should sack now and give a manager like Rowett, Alexander or Giggs the chance to set things straight in January.

Doesn''t seem tome to matter who you''ll get in to "help". AN''s biggest failure is that he doesn''t listen to anyone, arrogantly believing against all evidence that his "Plan A at all times" is the only way to play

if the club wants to be able to attract players after the incredible failure of a season weve had with this squad then we should dust off the wallet and get sam allardyce

the guy is a plank, but ultimately he gets teams organised and out of this division, and keeps them up, good players will want to come here because they more than likely hes going to take the team up, worth every penny

roy hodgson on the other hand is a dinosaur and failed miserably when under pressure with both england and liverpool, and they played terrible football