Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Are British managers good enough?

We''ve never had a manager from outside the UK or Ireland. Do we need a European or South American manager to bring fresh ideas and a new footballing philosophy to our club. Are we behind the times and still plodding along with British managers? Something has to change and I can''t see that getting someone like Rowett in is really going to improve things longterm. It feels like good British mangers are in very short supply and the ones that are knocking about like Bruce and Moyes are not living up to their promise.

There are two ex England managers looking for work at the moment.

I would have laughed at the mention of Hodgson or Allardyce three seasons ago.

Now I would welcome them as they do have a style and tactic that is well known. And both were relatively successful club managers.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]There are two ex England managers looking for work at the moment.

I would have laughed at the mention of Hodgson or Allardyce three seasons ago.

Now I would welcome them as they do have a style and tactic that is well known. And both were relatively successful club managers.[/quote]Neither Hodgson nor Allardyce would be likely to take on this club as things stand, at least not on a long term basis. Given what we are told about his friendship with our owners, it''s possible Hodgson might be persuaded to take over short term, with a view to a permanent replacement at the end of the season when our immediate fate will have been decided. Any long term replacement for AN has to accept the financial limitations and be prepared to rely on building a successful team mainly comprised of our promising young players. I suspect that the board''s so far solid support for AN has been based on a belief that he is the man for that longer term role. I imagine that belief may well now be eroding.

[quote] Any long term replacement for AN has to accept the financial limitations and be prepared to rely on building a successful team mainly comprised of our promising young players.[/quote]Ricky Martin....

Paulo Sousa (Fiorentina) or Pal Dardai (Hertha) are brilliant managers, probably ones City could easily afford, but I doubt they''d (especially Dardai) be willing to leave their jobs.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Now I would welcome them as they do have a style and tactic that is well known. And both were relatively successful club managers.[/quote]
Shitty Hoofball is not a "style/tactic" that should encouraged. Everyone wants to see Norwich succeed but isn''t the point of football entertainment? Or would people rather win at any price? I certainly wouldn''t want to watch that crap every week whether it was successful or not. 

Not to mention the fact that not only does Fat Sam employ tactics that make Mick McCarthy look like Guardiola, but he''s also as crooked as they come, hence the fact he''s sitting on his sofa at the moment and not employed. I''d take Hodgson over Allardyce, but I''d take pretty much anyone over Hodgson.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Ricky Martin would be just the kind of ridiculous appointment the club would make.[/quote][:D]

People slag off Hodgson, because,of the England job. Thing is he is a great club manager. Fulham never in trouble under him. Us, stablised the club. Set us up for our highest finish in the Premiership under Steve Clarke. Are the Smith''s are friends with him? If Neil were to go I''d snap his hand off trying to get him. You''re perfect sized club for him. He demanded Peace invest in us. Credit to him he did, ultimately Hodgson made our sale possible 

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]Now I would welcome them as they do have a style and tactic that is well known. And both were relatively successful club managers.[/quote]
Shitty Hoofball is not a "style/tactic" that should encouraged. Everyone wants to see Norwich succeed but isn''t the point of football entertainment? Or would people rather win at any price? I certainly wouldn''t want to watch that crap every week whether it was successful or not. 
[/quote]

So what the heck do Ryan Bennett and Seb Bassong employ then?

You are just joining in the usual condemnation of Allardyce''s alleged style which is based on very little other than slagging off for the sake of it.

Blackburn employed long ball tactics and won the Prem. As Dalglish said why would I muck around at the back when I''ve got SaS up front.

It is a myth that direct football can''t be entertaining. Entertainment is seeing goals going in.

[quote user="kick it off"]Not to mention the fact that not only does Fat Sam employ tactics that make Mick McCarthy look like Guardiola, but he''s also as crooked as they come, hence the fact he''s sitting on his sofa at the moment and not employed. I''d take Hodgson over Allardyce, but I''d take pretty much anyone over Hodgson.[/quote]

I don''t remember Allardyce breaking any laws. He just couldn''t keep his mouth shut. He obviously didn''t have any of the endless chewing gum at the time.

I suppose you would rather join in the clamour for Rowett, a manager with a record worse than AN.

We need to be looking at Qurban Qurbanov.

http://uk.soccerway.com/coaches/gurban-gurbanov/224127/

Currently rocking the Azerbaijani premier league and a proven record of building on success.