Sign in to follow this  
pete

Sunderland not spending in Jan

As revealed by David Moyes Brady and Naismith therefore not going there. If not there where? neither has pulled up any trees to inspire PL teams to make an offer. Without selling players who might yield a decent price our options for additions in January will be limited.

Perhaps the Wolves CB with six months left on contract a cheap option we could afford but of limited quality that we need. Again not an encouraging thought.

[quote user="pete"]As revealed by David Moyes Brady and Naismith therefore not going there. If not there where? neither has pulled up any trees to inspire PL teams to make an offer. Without selling players who might yield a decent price our options for additions in January will be limited.

Perhaps the Wolves CB with six months left on contract a cheap option we could afford but of limited quality that we need. Again not an encouraging thought.[/quote]Who said they were going there pete?

Morty, I think it was a hope that many of us had - particularly re Naismith - I''d love to get him off the wage bill, but can see us being stuck with him for the next 3(?) years. If we don''t get promotion (and it doesn''t look very likely does it?) the wage cost of players that we don''t really want but can''t get rid of will be really damaging - it''s why we dodged a bullet with McCormack imo.

[quote user=" Badger"]Morty, I think it was a hope that many of us had - particularly re Naismith - I''d love to get him off the wage bill, but can see us being stuck with him for the next 3(?) years. If we don''t get promotion (and it doesn''t look very likely does it?) the wage cost of players that we don''t really want but can''t get rid of will be really damaging - it''s why we dodged a bullet with McCormack imo.[/quote]He has been decent in the last 3 or 4 games, could it not also be a hope that we keep players that can contribute to getting us promoted, either this season, or next?Or could you say it was good business sense, being willing to go to a certain price, and no more?

i think Sunderland will spend something just maybe have to offload first

clubs don''t come out and say we have got 20 mill burning a hole in our pocket who wants it

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i think Sunderland will spend something just maybe have to offload first

clubs don''t come out and say we have got 20 mill burning a hole in our pocket who wants it[/quote]£139m in debt I think this is their year to go. Ellis Short hasn''t the funds. Moyes has stated he regrets taking the job. Signing Anichebe on a free, safe to say there isn''t £20m in their pocket

[quote user="Move Klose"]I wish they would come in for Brady. Been crap all season.[/quote]Pulis wanted him in the Summer, He''s given Lai and Williams a list of 3 players he wants. All three local Chinese owned clubs have shown their hands. Except us. Our sale wasn''t completed in time. Lai and Yunyi get a chance to show their ambition in January. I know one name is Morgan Scheniderlin, Time will tell