Sign in to follow this  
No Mad

Turn around in fortunes since Plymouth?

So what do you think?

3 points out of a possible 18 before Plymouth game, 9 out of 15 since. Is that a change in fortunes, do you think?

By my reckoning 2 points per game over the season wins promotion - you get that by winning your home games and drawing away. That kind of promotion form since Plymouth would have given us 11 points - we got 9. If we could win tomorrow, we would have 12 out of a target of 12.

So how to win at Brighton? Pretend they''re Ipswich?

Looking at the table, it looks pretty tight overall, we are 5 points off the bottom and 5 points off the play-offs. Of course that doesn''t account for Sheffield United, especially and to some extent Reading and Luton but the challenge for all of them is maintaining what they have started. Every team will be gunning for them. The pressure will build for them and to some extent I think it could be off us. I know we create pressure through our expectations as supporters but I don''t suppose we have the pressure of being promotion favourites right now?

Anyway, IMO if we could win at Brighton and v Millwall, I think we would be back on track to some extent, although whether we can recover from a terrible start, I don''t know. Right now, I want us to get enough points to be safe and then see from there.

like i said in one of my threads, no mad, sunderland were worse off than us at this stage and won the league by 9 points, i personally think that we will come good, every team has a bad spell, maybe, just maybe we have already had ours.

In the north east of England

Seriously though, I believe we are on the up. We have a good squad with cover in most positions and other teams WILL slip up sooner or later. We have to maintain consistency to remain in touch, after all, 5 points either way is hardly a massive gap and we are on a good run at the moment.  Bring on Brighton!