Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Hoolahan in, Bennett Out...

I''d like to think we might stand a chance of keeping the ball and moving it a bit better with Hoolahan back in the team. He certainly needed a rest, a lot of football in the summer and then started every game for us for a long period.
As for Bennett, I don''t get it. I''ve never seen a defender shirk so much responsibility. Refuses to be the one to distribute the ball, he''d rather play it to someone that''s marked, i.e Bassong. He''ll occasionally smash it clear, his headers seem to go straight to the opposition every time and he kicks off when Ruddy plays him a simple pass. I''m sorry but if you can''t cope with a simple pass then maybe Football isn''t for you.

I agree with that, Bennett was terrible on Friday.

He''s a big unit but lost most of the headers to two centre forwards who were no more than 5''9/10.

What made me laugh is that every time Ruddy gave it to him he moaned that it should have been knocked long and every time Ruddy had it at his feet he made a token gesture to drop off and want it. Lost count how many hospital passes he made to Bassong and Pinto!

I''m feeling a complete overhaul...

Lincoln Canary as CEO - clearly has it worked out in his reasons to sack AN thread. Proactive management is what we need!

Ricardo as manager - Knowledgeable, reads the game clearly and can reflect well.

Morty as the keeper - as nothing gets past him.

LDC - left back in the changing rooms...

Til, Nutty and Purple as the reliable rear guards

Pete as the controversial but tenacious defensive midfielder

Lessingham and Canaryfan as middlemen midfielders

Hogesar as a creative winger

Feedthewolf and Vanwink as the strikers, because they''ve got awesome names, so that should help with extra revenue from shirt sales at least...

Yellowgreenarmy as fitness coach...

Jezzard as goalkeeping coach...

Vegan Sausage as head of catering...

Parma as head scout...

This could work y''know...!

Since Bennett arrived at the club almost 5 years ago this is surely our worst run of form and it seems to coincide with him becoming a first choice centreback.

[quote user="hogesar"]I''ve a rough idea Morty [:D][/quote]That said, I can''t remember if I have seen Hoolahan play with Oliviera?His more intelligent runs may encourage less sideways passing[;)]

Hey, i''m all up for a little bit of sideways passing if the alternative is giving it straight to the opposition [:D]

[quote user="hogesar"]Hey, i''m all up for a little bit of sideways passing if the alternative is giving it straight to the opposition [:D][/quote]Other alternative, of course, is passing forward[:)]

Can I be the mystery owner who supposedly has lots of money, never turns up to games and runs the club into the ground?

AJ, what about True Grit for scout....or better still sports psychologist. The team needs his kind of calming influence and wisdom 😏

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]Hey, i''m all up for a little bit of sideways passing if the alternative is giving it straight to the opposition [:D][/quote]Other alternative, of course, is passing forward[:)][/quote]
Of course it is, if there''s viable options. Hoolahans assist record this early part of the season suggests he passed forward more than anyone else - however passing forward when there''s not an option available and losing possession is simply pointless and counter productive, and has happened quite a lot since he''s been out of the team.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]Hey, i''m all up for a little bit of sideways passing if the alternative is giving it straight to the opposition [:D][/quote]Other alternative, of course, is passing forward[:)][/quote]
Of course it is, if there''s viable options. Hoolahans assist record this early part of the season suggests he passed forward more than anyone else - however passing forward when there''s not an option available and losing possession is simply pointless and counter productive, and has happened quite a lot since he''s been out of the team.
[/quote]He isn''t the reason things have been bad, or the answer though.We''ll agree to disagree[:)]

Aww, look at you two, getting on like team mates should already!

I agree he isn''t the answer. 
But how often have we gone on a bad run, admittedly mostly in the prem, dropped Hoolahan to try and solidify the midfield etc, not worked, still done poorly, Hoolahan brought back in and starting pretty much every game.
We need way more than Hoolahan right now but I think this will be the 4th time we''ve seen the above happen.

[quote user="hogesar"]I agree he isn''t the answer. 
But how often have we gone on a bad run, admittedly mostly in the prem, dropped Hoolahan to try and solidify the midfield etc, not worked, still done poorly, Hoolahan brought back in and starting pretty much every game.
We need way more than Hoolahan right now but I think this will be the 4th time we''ve seen the above happen.
[/quote]Or did the bad run happen as Hoolahan got less and less effective, before finally being dropped?(I admit I may be trolling you a little here [;)])

[quote user="hogesar"][IMG]https://i.imgflip.com/1g8h2b.jpg[/IMG][/quote]Why are you picking on me, I was only expressing my opinion[:(][;)]

[quote user="hogesar"]I''d like to think we might stand a chance of keeping the ball and moving it a bit better with Hoolahan back in the team. He certainly needed a rest, a lot of football in the summer and then started every game for us for a long period.
As for Bennett, I don''t get it. I''ve never seen a defender shirk so much responsibility. Refuses to be the one to distribute the ball, he''d rather play it to someone that''s marked, i.e Bassong. He''ll occasionally smash it clear, his headers seem to go straight to the opposition every time and he kicks off when Ruddy plays him a simple pass. I''m sorry but if you can''t cope with a simple pass then maybe Football isn''t for you.
[/quote]
This is certainly how I have seen Bennett''s performances. But can anyone explain to me why it''s Bassong that gets booed?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="hogesar"]I''d like to think we might stand a chance of keeping the ball and moving it a bit better with Hoolahan back in the team. He certainly needed a rest, a lot of football in the summer and then started every game for us for a long period.
[/quote]
This is certainly how I have seen Bennett''s performances. But can anyone explain to me why it''s Bassong that gets booed?
[/quote]Racists?(I''m only half joking)

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="hogesar"]I''d like to think we might stand a chance of keeping the ball and moving it a bit better with Hoolahan back in the team. He certainly needed a rest, a lot of football in the summer and then started every game for us for a long period.
[/quote]
[/quote]
No idea Nutty. The only reason I can fathom is Bassong gets noticed by getting stuck in and giving it a good go and taking responsibility - sometimes it won''t work and that gets picked up upon. Fortunately for Bennett, by ducking responsibility and providing nothing when the going gets tough, he seems to be missed on fans radars and becomes devoid of criticism.
Ryan seems like a good lad and I don''t doubt he tries hard but I don''t see that he has the confidence or the ability to be part of our back four right now - Not with Klose and Martin sitting on the bench.

Can''t agree with all the criticisms of RB . He plays directly in front of where I sit , so for half the game I get a fairly good view ,, his passing options on Friday in particular were limited by the midfield not making themselves available and the hard press of the Huddersfield forwards .

As for Bassong ,, he runs off with the ball into dead ends when he should just get rid . Oh for the days of the " Doc"

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Can''t agree with all the criticisms of RB . He plays directly in front of where I sit , so for half the game I get a fairly good view ,, his passing options on Friday in particular were limited by the midfield not making themselves available and the hard press of the Huddersfield forwards .

As for Bassong ,, he runs off with the ball into dead ends when he should just get rid . Oh for the days of the " Doc"[/quote]I actually thought he has done okay in the last few games.Opinions, eh?