Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Paddy Davitt article

A must read for everybody including the BOARD. Appears Archant have picked up all the daggers around and have firmly stabbed them in Neal''s back. Can''t see how he can survive now.

A very sensible article.

A new manager is needed quick. Start to rebuild the squad in January, aim for promotion next season, if we somehow reach the playoffs this year, then great.

Maybe failure to get promotion, which we won''t with AN in charge isn''t a bad thing.

A new manager, squad overhaul, get rid of those high earners out of contract (Ruddy, Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Bennett, Mulumbu, Lafferty) & those we don''t wanna be there (Klose, Brady). And start building a side around Thompson, Maddison, Pritchard.

Go back to the days of younger hungry players with something to prove Holt, Morison, Johnson, Pilkington etc days. Players who maybe didn''t have as much ability as some of the players we have now but had a bit of passion, fight and wanted to play for NCFC.

I highly doubt our arrogant owners and board members give a toss about what an edp journalist writes. They have already said they don''t care what the fans think so why would they care about this? The article is spot on though. Shame no one will listen

It depends on your perspective. If the strategic objective is to be a community oriented club, with lots of frantic clapping, an absence of greed and and limited ambition, it is hard to criticise the efficacy of the current approach. We can still watch those big clubs like Bournemouth, Watford and Burnley on Sky after all.

More damming for me was the back page piece, which included a quote for AN, "I stick by my decision. If I had to do it again I would.

There''s a couple of points here, there is nothing anyone has to do, so saying, "If I had to do it again" is a way of deflecting responsibility for his actions, making out he had no choice. Secondly, if indeed he chose to consider changes again, and he had the subsequent knowledge of how the initial choices panned out (which is what is intimated) and he actually believes he would make the same changes, then this says it all for me, in fact I''m almost (note the almost) lost for words.

It is this type of rhetoric, if that is what it is, that adds to the fans'' displeasure imo. Alternatively, if this is what he actually believes then bunker down guys, it''s really going to get tough if the board can''t see it.

Please Mr Moxey, our owners may be wearing rose tinted but surely you can see what is going on, if not, get down to Colney and/or pick up the phone to some of our senior players, something I believe you have not done since your arrival.

The article obviously ups the pressure on AN.As a consequence of this, Rickys Out-Ometer ticks up from 6.5 to 7.

Paddy''s articles are usually well thought out and this is no different. The clock is ticking - if things were getting better then I could understand giving it time. The only problem is the players are still playing for him.

[quote user="Phil Collins"]If you want people to read it, how about posting a link?

paddy_davitt_verdict_norwich_city_at_the_point_of_no_return_1_4821090[/quote]

Try buying an EDP most newsagents sell them

alternatively go to their web site, pretty easy

[quote user="norfolkngood"]They know his time is up

be gone in a within a week Maybe today even[/quote]Still be here Xmas Day.The Board aint for shifting.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Just 7 Ricardo?[/quote]Yes, moving from minor grumbling to quite annoyed. Someway to go before it goes critical.It can jump from 7 to 9 quite quickly all depending upon results.

He says Huddersfield were the best team to come to CR this season. That much was obvious from seeing their impressive first half. So why is a narrow defeat to them such a disgrace? Because it''s CR? Because it''s too many defeats? But then we won our last two home games so things have improved. We snuffed out Villa and hammered Brentford. Ok we lost at a resurgent Derby and Barnsley, but taking the last five games there are some positives.

Is AN struggling? Of course. The pressure he is under is immense and the fans are impatient and ready to turn. But he can only keep a level head, keep going and hope his players can rise above it all and deliver. The bandwagon is well and truly up and running and if not yet at Hughton proportions, it will be soon if we don''t get something from the next two games. There is still hope for AN if he can ride this out and get things running smoothly again, but if the fans have lost patience then the writing is on the wall for him.

I''ll be very disappointed if he is forced out in the manner Hughton was. As a club we need a long term manager to see through a period of development, even if it means staying in the championship for a while. I really hope the players and he can use the next two matches to get some confidence back and results to take into the next game at CR. All is not lost and success on the pitch can still turn it round.

Well, Archant are certainly done with Alex.
Saying that, so am I.
And LDC - what do you mean we need a long-term manager even if it means ''staying in the championship for a while''. Are you really that naive? Actually, don''t answer that.

It is highly commendable that Davitt is allowed to write an article that is so accurate. I can never recall a time where ECN/Archant has been so critical and allowed to let their scribes to keep their integrity write the absolute truth to how they - and many others - see it.

The complete anthesis of the Rick Waghorn era, but that''s another story for another time...

Can anyone explain what Davitt is ? Is he a journalist, or one of these "bloggers" (the latter - I cant really work out what their point is?) If he is a journalist, it supports the view that Archant are getting very critical? Quite unusual I would say for this to be the case.

As for what he says, I cant really argue with any of it. And certainly reflects the view of my Norwich based work colleagues, my NCFC supporting friends , the people I hear on the train going to the game , and most interestingly those fans I know of other Clubs. AN won''t last if this carries on.

Cannot see a dismissal this side of Xmas but could see a possibility of it between Xmas and the New Year. Another poster said he couldn''t see our board sacking him and giving his family this news at this time.

Saying thanks to Neil with one of those mutually agreed consent/decision type things and wishing him a great new start in 2017 might be the way the board will do it!

Ricardo I think you can rest your meter to 9 just after the Reading game, possibly 9.5

I really don''t think whether or not we ruin Alex Neil''s Christmas or not, is much of a factor here.

I disagree Morty. They are human even if NCFC is a business. And there may be nothing gained from sacking this week rather than next. Will be amazed if we do I have to say. Recall the postal company a couple of years ago given redundancy by text on Xmas Eve.

Ironic that they club are making staff redundant as we speak, so why should they give a damn about sacking Neil too?

Your sacked oh and by the way here is a couple of million in compo! God how I wish someone would ruin my christmas like that:)