Sign in to follow this  
pete

Arrogant Tom is welcome to the poisoned chalice

[quote user="Bomber"]You can just see Delia with Tom now saying something like this

"Don''t worry about the crowd Tommy they are just the minions who turn up every game giving their hard earned cash to keep us in the football world lifestyle we are accustomed to - those old Norfolk boys clap a poor cross and it will have to get really bad before we have to appease them - they will be here every game cos they got nothing else to do on a Sat afternoon and we are guaranteed their attendance cos we are the only football club within miles - so do you still want the job Tommy"

"Yes please aunt Delia"

Well I for one will not keep giving my hard earned cash to watch dross - already got my ticket for the Derby game but then that''s it for a while I''m afraid - only by showing empty seats will this club ever learn - after all you would not keep going to a restaurant serving bad meals would you[/quote]Jesus, where do you start with this one?Do you have a "delusional" picture Morty?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Bomber"]You can just see Delia with Tom now saying something like this

"Don''t worry about the crowd Tommy they are just the minions who turn up every game giving their hard earned cash to keep us in the football world lifestyle we are accustomed to - those old Norfolk boys clap a poor cross and it will have to get really bad before we have to appease them - they will be here every game cos they got nothing else to do on a Sat afternoon and we are guaranteed their attendance cos we are the only football club within miles - so do you still want the job Tommy"

"Yes please aunt Delia"

Well I for one will not keep giving my hard earned cash to watch dross - already got my ticket for the Derby game but then that''s it for a while I''m afraid - only by showing empty seats will this club ever learn - after all you would not keep going to a restaurant serving bad meals would you[/quote]Jesus, where do you start with this one?Do you have a "delusional" picture Morty?[/quote]There aren''t even enough hours in my day to deal with all of these.I need to subcontract some of this $hit out.

[quote user="morty"]Look at that mocking grin Jim[:@][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/image_zpsvb88e9yp.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/image_zpsvb88e9yp.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]Same arrogant smirk and deceiving eyes as his aunt. Same empty head.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Bomber"]You can just see Delia with Tom now saying something like this

"Yes please aunt Delia"

Well I for one will not keep giving my hard earned cash to watch dross - already got my ticket for the Derby game but then that''s it for a while I''m afraid - only by showing empty seats will this club ever learn - after all you would not keep going to a restaurant serving bad meals would you[/quote]Jesus, where do you start with this one?Do you have a "delusional" picture Morty?[/quote]There aren''t even enough hours in my day to deal with all of these.I need to subcontract some of this $hit out.[/quote]

League attendances are always misleading, the ''official attendance'' isn''t the number in the ground, its the number of tickets sold, including ALL season tickets, regardless of whether the owner turns up. It will be interesting to see what the Southampton attendance will be if Neil is still in charge and we are still underperforming. That might give a stronger indication of the depth of feeling. Anyone know how many have been sold?

Mind you, that''s 3 games away, if we''ve got less than 4 points from those games, surely he''ll have gone.

Well......at cease of play at Friday''s defeat, I did witness Mr Tom and his lady applauding with an exceptional amount of exaggerated mannerism as the majority of the other Directionless Billy Whizzed away.......But hey, gotta impress dear Aunty.....ain''t yeah.....I mean, he can''t have her changing her mind and giving the cuddly club reins to some middle or far eastern furriner.......can he?

I have met Tom twice now and really like him. First time was at the CSF quiz when he spent a lot of time in before, in breaks and after talking to fans. I chatted to him about our fans social club and he knew all about us & our achievements and was genuinely interested in what I was saying and I''m confident he''ll support us. The second time was after the AGM where he remembered me and our previous chat and was just as nice as he was the first time.
A lot of fans don''t know him or much about him which he appreciates, he''s very keen to get to know us and for us to get to know him.

[quote user="Diane"]I have met Tom twice now and really like him. First time was at the CSF quiz when he spent a lot of time in before, in breaks and after talking to fans. I chatted to him about our fans social club and he knew all about us & our achievements and was genuinely interested in what I was saying and I''m confident he''ll support us. The second time was after the AGM where he remembered me and our previous chat and was just as nice as he was the first time.
A lot of fans don''t know him or much about him which he appreciates, he''s very keen to get to know us and for us to get to know him.
[/quote]

I expect this personal experience will not sit well with the posters on here who have made their minds up about Tom. After all they have imagination on their side and good dose of bile in their guts as well.Why rely on actual experience when you can make stuff up?

I''ve met him twice too. Genuine guy. I have to admit it does help with the hate to dehumanise him so my post won''t be welcomed. Oh and Delias pretty cool too. And Winnie isn''t just there for the ride because he''s a lifelong city fan who used to stand on the riverend terrace.

It''s funny how people think that because a person is Nice then everything''s great!

I''ve had the pleasure of knowing a few people over the years heavily involved with our club, met Delia a few times over the years and yes she''s the most captivating company as was Worthy and my old mucked Gunny.

That aside Gunny didn''t make a good manager, Delia doesn''t make the best owner IMO, having had the club moving forward in last 5 seasons we are now left with a nice young nephew with no experience, a CEO who lost his job with a poor Wolves club going through transition and a failed political figure who certainly came across as a good egg on strictly.

All very nice people but are they the best for our club? Some say yes others don''t think so, me I couldn''t give it a second worry as there''s nothing I can do about it!

Nepotism is one of the evils of our time

Nepotism Tom is one of the most shameless examples of it I have ever seen

If any one can honestly explain what he brings to the board and not just nepotism I will eat my flat cap

Nice is great, effective is what we need.

But in fairness to people saying he''s a nice guy, I''m sure that goes to the accusation that he was taking the P1$$ in the way he was clapping at the end of the game.

[quote user="VanWink"]Nice is great, effective is what we need.

But in fairness to people saying he''s a nice guy, I''m sure that goes to the accusation that he was taking the P1$$ in the way he was clapping at the end of the game.[/quote]

He doesn''t sound as if he has the emotional intelligence to know he was taking the juice out of the loyal and honest fans

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]I hope he realises quite quickly that actually owning it with all the hassle or flogging it for many millions and living off those millions is a no-brainer......[/quote]

The OP is wrong concerning one important fact.

Delia did not save the club.

That was done by a combination of Geoffrey Watling, Martin Armstrong, Barry Lockwood, Gordon Bennett in the immediate aftermath of Chase''s resignation in May 1996.

Delia did not join the Board till December that year.

[quote user="Diane"]I have met Tom twice now and really like him. First time was at the CSF quiz when he spent a lot of time in before, in breaks and after talking to fans. I chatted to him about our fans social club and he knew all about us & our achievements and was genuinely interested in what I was saying and I''m confident he''ll support us. The second time was after the AGM where he remembered me and our previous chat and was just as nice as he was the first time.
[/quote]I don''t suppose anybody asked him what he was actually planning moving forward for our club but hey as long as he remembered a few names, was keen to meet the fans and seems a nice chap what more could Norwich City ask for in the boardroom.

[quote user="The Unsullied "]That''s the point Tilly he has no credentials whatsoever to run the club

Please don''t be nice to him please don''t encourage him otherwise it will end in tears[/quote]

What are the credentials you speak of?

Did Moxey lose his job Indy? Can''t find anything to suggest that, the only reports that mention why he left state that it was his choice to leave.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Total bollax as usual from vinnie boy. Delia and Wynnie joined in the summer at the request of Martin Armstrong.[/quote]

you owe Big Vince an apology.

They joined the board on 28/11/96. It is a matter of public record

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/905066123/DELIA-ANN-SMITH/companies

[quote user="whistleblower"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Total bollax as usual from vinnie boy. Delia and Wynnie joined in the summer at the request of Martin Armstrong.[/quote]

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/905066123/DELIA-ANN-SMITH/companies[/quote]
That was the AGM. They joined the board when Martin Armstrong asked them for some money after it all fell apart at the end of the Chase''s reign. I won''t ask for an apology though....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="whistleblower"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Total bollax as usual from vinnie boy. Delia and Wynnie joined in the summer at the request of Martin Armstrong.[/quote]

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/905066123/DELIA-ANN-SMITH/companies[/quote]
That was the AGM. They joined the board when Martin Armstrong asked them for some money after it all fell apart at the end of the Chase''s reign. I won''t ask for an apology though....
[/quote]

you wont get one lol they could have given a lorry load of cash (or more likely preferred creditor status loans)- that doesn''t confer upon them board status. Their elevation to the board of directors happened on 28/11/96 as per Big Vince''s message and the defining factual record - the director status lodged with Companies House. Prior to 28/11/96 not on the board. From 28/11/96 members of the board of directors of Norwich City Football Club - seems pretty clear.

Yep that was the date of the AGM. Martin Armstrong asked them to invest post Chase when Lockwood stated "there were so

many people running around professing to represent Norwich City that our name

was dragged around every lending institution in London,"
 Your mate Vinnie stated that they didn''t help save the club. They clearly did. 

Vince never thought Saint Delia saved the club but that it was the perceived wisdom of certain posters. Most certainly is destroying the club by retaining the Smith dynasty and its single mindedness. Trust you agreed with points regarding Tom and that we are looking forward to straightened times under the Smiths.