Sign in to follow this  
pete

Arrogant Tom is welcome to the poisoned chalice

Young Tom who apparently acted arrogantly during the Huddersfield game laughing and smiling with partner during the latest setback. Has been given a poisoned chalice by Auntie Delia. He will soon be in the position of major shareholder after Auntie and Uncle shuffle off.

Well Young Tom you''re welcome to your new found responsibility. Surely it has come to your attention the gift you''ve been presented with is tainted. When given with City at the top of the league I''m sure it looked heaven sent. But now reality should have sunk in. The team is full of talented highly paid players who either can''t or won''t play in accordance with the limited tactics offered by a strictly manager. The fans are extremely unhappy unless you failed to notice their reaction on Friday.

Apart from the recent poor performances from the team you have inherited further limitations that will curtail your future enjoyment of the position. Primarily it will be the financial constraints a lengthy absence from the PL will bring as promotion now and in the future seems highly unlikely. You have a management team both on the football and administrative side that gives no one confidence, namely coaching or CEO/Chairman position which have been recruited by Auntie.

However you''re arrogance and smugness is well placed as you know how bad it gets and it will you can rely on 22,000 season ticket holders are happy to turn up to watch the rubbish served up and are unlikely to take steps other than the catcalls to show this dismay. After all they are just happy Auntie Saint Delia saved their club decades ago.

However the atmosphere will not get any better in the short term and enjoy it while you can as long as Auntie and Uncle are their to the flak. Soon it will be your turn then you might have to tone down the arrogance, might be going cap in hand to other investors to bail you out. Trust sooner rather than later.

As i have just pointed out on another thread the Boy Tom and his other half clapped long and hard like a pair of performing seals at the circus as the team left the field. The looks of disbelief,head shaking shouts of rubbish and boos from those around the directors box was not even registering on their radar.The other directors had quite rightly slipped away into the boardroom.

Jesus Christ, seriously?Should everyone connected with the club be dressed in sackcloth and ashes, and apologise to each and every fan they meet?Whole board in stocks so we can throw rotting fruit at them?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I am obviously missing something. A director of a football club claps off his team and this is a bad thing?[/quote]There is a time and place for everything Purple and Friday night was not the night.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]I am obviously missing something. A director of a football club claps off his team and this is a bad thing?[/quote]There is a time and place for everything Purple and Friday night was not the night.[/quote]Actually there isn''t a time and a place for everything - morris-dancing, for example, is never appropriate - but he was in his rights to clap the team off for their efforts in a rousing finish. The team, mark you. Unless he has several ways of putting his hands together to indicate differing meanings of which you have made a study you can''t assume he was also applauding the manager.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]He had 3 choices I reckon-Clap, boo or do nothing. I think he chose the right option.[/quote]

The fourth option was the correct one. Walk out and never come back

There is a lot wrong at this club but its not fair to turn on this lad he cannot be blamed for the collective errors of his aunt and yuppy chums. He may turn out to be a plank he may be astute too early to say. Anyway the way things are going down the pan all he will inherit if there is not a big change is a failing club with growing debt

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]There is a lot wrong at this club but its not fair to turn on this lad he cannot be blamed for the collective errors of his aunt and yuppy chums. He may turn out to be a plank he may be astute too early to say. Anyway the way things are going down the pan all he will inherit if there is not a big change is a failing club with growing debt[/quote]Who are "the yuppy chums"?

She lives in a celebrity bubble and she surrounds herself with like minded they are all bloody yuppies in my book. Give me chase any day he got it wrong towards the end but was an astute old boy who served us well for many a year

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]She lives in a celebrity bubble and she surrounds herself with like minded they are all bloody yuppies in my book. Give me chase any day he got it wrong towards the end but was an astute old boy who served us well for many a year[/quote]Firstly, I haven''t heard anyone use the phrase" Yuppy" for about 15 years.Secondly, do you even realise what it means?I''m thinking maybe not....

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Educated and affluent lifestyle. As always I respect your opinion[/quote]I didn''t think so.The phrase "yuppy" comes from the description of being young and upwardly mobile.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]I am obviously missing something. A director of a football club claps off his team and this is a bad thing?[/quote]There is a time and place for everything Purple and Friday night was not the night.[/quote]Actually there isn''t a time and a place for everything - morris-dancing, for example, is never appropriate - but he was in his rights to clap the team off for their efforts in a rousing finish. The team, mark you. Unless he has several ways of putting his hands together to indicate differing meanings of which you have made a study you can''t assume he was also applauding the manager.[/quote]I refer you to the comments of Lessingham on Lakey''s thread Purple. I somehow do not think you witnessed it to capture the moment and the atmosphere in The City Stand when it happened.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]I am obviously missing something. A director of a football club claps off his team and this is a bad thing?[/quote]There is a time and place for everything Purple and Friday night was not the night.[/quote]Actually there isn''t a time and a place for everything - morris-dancing, for example, is never appropriate - but he was in his rights to clap the team off for their efforts in a rousing finish. The team, mark you. Unless he has several ways of putting his hands together to indicate differing meanings of which you have made a study you can''t assume he was also applauding the manager.[/quote]I refer you to the comments of Lessingham on Lakey''s thread Purple. I somehow do not think you witnessed it to capture the moment and the atmosphere in The City Stand when it happened.[/quote]I had seen that post, which changed nothing. What I alone seem to have found intereresting and possibly significant (as opposed this trivial brouhaha) was your observation that the other NCFC directors had all left. Two points there. Firstly, good on Tom for staying in public view. Secondly, that the rest dived for cover hardly suggests rock-solid support for the manager. That could be a straw in the wind.

Purple wrote

but he was in his rights to clap the team off for their efforts in a rousing finish.

I must have missed the rousing finish, Bassong playing as a striker in the last few minutes took the biscuit, he had 3 chances from headers during the game and messed up each time

Anyone in the stadium at the end who didn''t have a face contorted with anger, or at least frothing at the mouth, is the reason we''re in this fine mess.

[quote user="daly"]Purple wrote

but he was in his rights to clap the team off for their efforts in a rousing finish.

I must have missed the rousing finish,
Bassong playing as a striker in the last few minutes took the biscuit, he had 3 chances from headers during the game and messed up each time[/quote]Obviously you did,. There was just such, and it included more than a couple of defender''s efforts from Bassong. It was not pretty to watch, but it did stir up some enthusiasm. Something can be rousing while failing.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="daly"]Purple wrote

I must have missed the rousing finish,
Bassong playing as a striker in the last few minutes took the biscuit, he had 3 chances from headers during the game and messed up each time[/quote]Obviously you did,. There was just such, and it included more than a couple of defender''s efforts from Bassong. It was not pretty to watch, but it did stir up some enthusiasm. Something can be rousing while failing. [/quote]I can agree with this, and whilst talking it over afterwards, if you were able to forget the run, and any other issues, it was a narrow defeat to a decent side. And whilst the quality was lacking, second half you can''t criticise the effort.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Who on the board has a filofax ?[/quote]Back in the day I used to sell filo faxes to the mafia. I was into really organised crime.

Normally when you see other clubs with a Manager in trouble or bad run the TV cameras pan to the Directors box and the Chairman / Directors sit there with faces like Thunder

not running down to the dressing room to say keep your chin up or stand there clapping