Sign in to follow this  
eldrich canary

Where is Shax?

No Shackell in the reserves last night, not on the bench for the 1st team - too old for the youth.... Where is Shax? Either

i) Totally dropped ala McVeigh/Mulryn last year for being in Worthy''s bad books

ii) Injured

iii) Something else,

I don''t get it, I mean obviously he is not 1st choice CN at the moment, with Flem on the bench (not sure I agree 100% on that) why on earth wasn''t Shax getting match fitness with the reserves?

Eldrich - A canary who wears his shirt with Pride in Taipei

[quote]No Shackell in the reserves last night, not on the bench for the 1st team - too old for the youth.... Where is Shax? Either i) Totally dropped ala McVeigh/Mulryn last year for being in Worthy''s bad b...[/quote]

Hopefully getting a rest in readiness for a reintroduction when davenport goes home...

Flem is a more natural defensive sub so worthy has got that one right.   Give shax a few games rest than rebuild his confidence in the reserves.   He is the natural partner for doc inteh long run.

Hopefully he will not be on the end of worthys blame and ignore culture - that lad is too good for that and deserves the chance later in the season.

OTBC   

well hopefully hes just being rested or getting over an injury. But then again it wouldnt supprise me one bit if he has fallen out with worthington, worthington is so childish, if it means winning a match putting on a player who has only done something stupid, nothing major just once (ala bently last season) then why would you leave him out?

he not going to leave huckeby, green or ashton out for arguing with him now is he? so why shacks?

Worthington need to grow up and stop being childish.... anyway on topic......

as far as i know, or from what ive heard he has been struggling with some back injury, hopefully its nothing major and he will be back soon

quote " i) Totally dropped ala McVeigh/Mulryn last year for being in Worthy''s bad books "

Or more to the point :-

i) Totally dropped ala Shackell last year for being in Worthy''s bad books.

He managed to "lose sight" of him once before didn''t he ?

AJ - I don''t think its childish at all for Worthy to punish a player by dropping him. Discipline IS important, and we all know that financial penalties don''t work so well with people earning so much money, don''t we?

Shacks needs a rest, and is getting one. I agree with ZLF when he says Flem is a better option for the bench, as he can cover CB and RB. No mystery at all! Hopefully a rested and fit Shacks can give Dav a run for his position, all players need competition for their place, and when Dav goes back Shacks will be needed... hopefully!

There may be nothing sinister at all in his absence. Several sources have suggested that he has been playing with a back injury.

He needs rest for his back to recover,and with the international Saturday coming, he will have been able to rest his back.

[quote]No Shackell in the reserves last night, not on the bench for the 1st team - too old for the youth.... Where is Shax? Either i) Totally dropped ala McVeigh/Mulryn last year for being in Worthy''s bad b...[/quote]

I never come on here with rumours, but I''m going to make an exception just this once. 

The story Ive heard is that Shackell and Green had a bust up, after the last league game they played together so Worthy isnt speaking to him, wont even put him on the bench and has banished him to the reserves.

If Worthy and Shacks had fallen out and he had banished him to the reserves, do you not think he would have made him play the other night (travel all the way to Aldershot) that would really p*** him off.  I go with the theory that he is probably slightly injured but I have heard a rumour that he may be playing on Monday for the reserves at home to Watford!

I heard a rumour that it was because there were two players in front of him playing better and one on the bench who can cover two defensive positions.....but this is just a rumour

It''s interesting that despite all the rumoured, and real, "bust-ups", the players get over it. For example, Bentley said he learned more in his time here than he''s learned at Arsenal: maybe self-control was one thing he learned.

A football team is just that - a team. A team needs discipline, and someone has to enforce it. That''s obviously the manager''s job.

Northern Canary thats tantamount to saying its good management on Nigels part, surely a hanging offence on these boards?