Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

The ten days of Ho Ho Ho

In ten days time we are staring at one of the most important transfer windows in recent times.

What do we know?

* the Board have not got money to spend, or will not trust Neil with money to spend, without selling players first.

* I think we still need defenders, Neil thinks we need strikers, he will probably buy midfielders.

* in order to fund any purchase, the Better players need selling, Turner, Whittaker, Martin etc will not attract a decent fee so we anticipate they will still be haunting the club come end of January. Unfortunately, one or two of the better players will almost certainly go.

* because of the financial situation, we will make derisory offers for players and subsequently be outbid, then at the end of the month our players will ship out undervalued the money will be spunked on a midfielder and we will fail to get a loan in at last minute.

But hey, it''s Christmas

You do know we have a new head of recruitment don''t you so things will be so much better this time around ? [;)]

[quote user="Number 9"]In ten days time we are staring at one of the most important transfer windows in recent times.

What do we know? [/quote]
What follows is not "what we know", just "what some cynical knobcheese thinks he/she knows and wants to present as facts."
[quote user="Number 9"]
* the Board have not got money to spend, or will not trust Neil with money to spend, without selling players first.[/quote]
You "know" this? Evidence please.
[quote user="Number 9"] * I think we still need defenders, Neil thinks we need strikers, he will probably buy midfielders.[/quote]
[quote user="Number 9"]  * in order to fund any purchase, the Better players need selling, Turner, Whittaker, Martin etc will not attract a decent fee so we anticipate they will still be haunting the club come end of January. Unfortunately, one or two of the better players will almost certainly go.

* because of the financial situation, we will make derisory offers for players and subsequently be outbid, then at the end of the month our players will ship out undervalued the money will be spunked on a midfielder and we will fail to get a loan in at last minute.[/quote]
[quote user="Number 9"]  But hey, it''s Christmas[/quote]
To misquote Meatloaf, 1 out of 4 ain''t bad.

I''m positive.

Quote - ''anyone who knows anything, and I mean anything, about football knows A.N must go''.

I back him.

My hope for the new year is all the people who plan to boycott do just that, we need new blood in the stands, and fresh applause will happily follow.....the boys in yellow.

[quote user="Phil Collins"][quote user="Number 9"]In ten days time we are staring at one of the most important transfer windows in recent times.

What do we know? [/quote]
What follows is not "what we know", just "what some cynical knobcheese thinks he/she knows and wants to present as facts."
[quote user="Number 9"]
* the Board have not got money to spend, or will not trust Neil with money to spend, without selling players first.[/quote]
[quote user="Number 9"] * I think we still need defenders, Neil thinks we need strikers, he will probably buy midfielders.[/quote]
[quote user="Number 9"]  * in order to fund any purchase, the Better players need selling, Turner, Whittaker, Martin etc will not attract a decent fee so we anticipate they will still be haunting the club come end of January. Unfortunately, one or two of the better players will almost certainly go.

* because of the financial situation, we will make derisory offers for players and subsequently be outbid, then at the end of the month our players will ship out undervalued the money will be spunked on a midfielder and we will fail to get a loan in at last minute.[/quote]
[quote user="Number 9"]  But hey, it''s Christmas[/quote]
To misquote Meatloaf, 1 out of 4 ain''t bad.
[/quote]

I apologize profusely for the error, you are correct, it''s not Christmas til Sunday.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 21/12/2016 7:55 PM:

You do know we have a new head of recruitment don''t you so things will be so much better this time around ? Wink [;)]

Mmm

1- during the last transfer window the club told us this

2- I know for a fact that I think we need defenders. I hear Neil say we are not scoring enough goals. History has shown that Neil more likely to buy a midfielder.

3- I know of no club who will splash out proper money on Turner, Whittaker or Martin. We have had interest for our better players, history shows that we tend to go through this last minute cycle during recent windows.

4- It''s still not quite Christmas