Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Christmas fixtures

Does it even matter, rather be away from CR to be honest. Been depressing enough this season without ruining christmas aswell.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]How do me some teams have two at home and some two away ? Seems a bit unfair.[/quote]

There are 3 games over the Xmas / New Year period.26th Dec31st Dec2nd JanInevitably some will play 2 at home and one away while others get 1 at home and 2 away.nothing very controversial about that.

Ah, well, technically it''s possible it won''t ICF - for example, we could get away ties in both cups!

I remember a year or two back there was an article about how complicated the fixture list is! There''s so many teams play close by that cannot both play home the same day due to travel congestion/police issues etc. It''s more complicated than people realise. But that said, it''s also down to luck* of the draw.

*Systematic luck

[quote user="AJ"]Ah, well, technically it''s possible it won''t ICF - for example, we could get away ties in both cups!

I remember a year or two back there was an article about how complicated the fixture list is! There''s so many teams play close by that cannot both play home the same day due to travel congestion/police issues etc. It''s more complicated than people realise. But that said, it''s also down to luck* of the draw.

*Systematic luck[/quote]

Not sure I accept that argument anymore tbh....

Yes I know Tottenham and Arsenal wont play home matches at the same time and nor would the Liverpool or Manchester clubs...

But what I found strange last season was the fact that Us and Ipswich arent allowed to play home games the same day although we are 40 miles apart and yet we travelled to Rotherham the same night as Ipswich were away at Barnsley in the league cup less than 8 miles apart ? With both sets of travelling fans using similar if not identical routes.

Theres a strange one, in that Southend request therir home games are not at the same time as West Ham''s as a lot of people in Southend support the Hammers too and crowds would suffer.

So the fixtures generator takes that into account.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]Theres a strange one, in that Southend request therir home games are not at the same time as West Ham''s as a lot of people in Southend support the Hammers too and crowds would suffer.

So the fixtures generator takes that into account.[/quote]Always found it weird that people can actively support two teams.I go to see a game where I live perhaps once a season at most but I''ve got no allegiance to the team other than they''re local and the opposition might have one or two ex-City players in the side.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Johnny Stump"]Theres a strange one, in that Southend request therir home games are not at the same time as West Ham''s as a lot of people in Southend support the Hammers too and crowds would suffer.

So the fixtures generator takes that into account.[/quote]Always found it weird that people can actively support two teams.I go to see a game where I live perhaps once a season at most but I''ve got no allegiance to the team other than they''re local and the opposition might have one or two ex-City players in the side.[/quote]

Agree wholeheartedly. I''ve been to see Torrevieja FC when I lived in Spain. I have zero interest in seeing the sounders now. City are my team, that''s all I care about.