Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Alan Pardew leaves Crystal Palace

Chairman Steve Parish: "We all bought into the decision to play a more expansive style of football. We all believed in it. That hasn''t worked. It''s no-one''s fault. The players have been running their socks off for Alan, the spirit is good."

Expansive tactics are the preserve of the superior. Indeed it can be further observed that more tactically aware inferior sides (Leicester) even present a very real obstacle to (over) expansive approaches.

Even suggesting openly that such a strategy is to be employed risks engendering a sense of hubris in players (and Managers), Norwich take careful.

''We play our own game...we are not concerned what the opposition does'' has always been disingenuous, errant (or arrogant) nonsense.

The approach is flawed, both for tactical and psychological reasons.

Parma

Chairman Steve Parish: "We all bought into the decision to play a more

expansive style of football. We all believed in it. That hasn''t worked.

It''s no-one''s fault. The players have been running their socks off for

Alan, the spirit is good."So the rumour is that they are getting Sam Allardyce !

Good grief, absolutely not.

To quote a NCFC very important person (granted, no longer here) when asked about Pardew, gave this short and succinct answer; "What an odious man"

Good illustration Parma.

It''s more about a disciplined structured approach with a bit of licence for flair within that.

Now where have I seen that before 😀

Contract to end of season: Pretty sure he''d get us up.

Second season would be a worry though. However we can worry about that once we''re back in the PL.

I do think the guy is a tosser but if he gets us up who cares?!

Never the sort of manager NCFC would go for. When honestly was the last time we got a ''name''? Lambert was a lower league manager and Hughton was a respectable appointment but not one to set the pulse going.

Never in a million years would our board appoint someone like Pardew. It''s character and likability first, managerial/tactical nous an obvious second.

Pardew would be perfect in the short term to get us back where we desperately need to be. Has the contacts to get us a few quality signings should we go up and would probably leave us a good base for another manager to build from.

Out of everyone out of work at the moment that we could afford (Everyone bar Allardyce basically) he''s the outstanding candidate by a mile.

Would love to see him here!

I must say Moxey and Pardew would have the potential to be an unstoppable force in English football. It''s weather they could marry though..I feel there could be an intense power struggle, but if they could syncronise as one organism, wow.

[quote user="True Grit"]I must say Moxey and Pardew would have the potential to be an unstoppable force in English football. It''s weather they could marry though..I feel there could be an intense power struggle, but if they could syncronise as one organism, wow.[/quote]

I''m not sure where the faith in Moxey has come from! Have I missed something? I really can''t see him being an unstoppable force with anyone.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="True Grit"]I must say Moxey and Pardew would have the potential to be an unstoppable force in English football. It''s weather they could marry though..I feel there could be an intense power struggle, but if they could syncronise as one organism, wow.[/quote]

I''m not sure where the faith in Moxey has come from! Have I missed something? I really can''t see him being an unstoppable force with anyone.[/quote]

The guy is immaculate. A top class operator - Ask anyone within the game.

"Cobain18" You and me both.

Confused; is that for Pardew or being straight up Delias skirt?

Bloody hell now he''s unemployed he''d better rule himself out of the Barcelona job or similar. Can''t stand him.