Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

if we win the next 3....

If there were any sign that he had found the way to conquer our defensive frailties - e.g three clean sheets/ not looking so vulnerable, I''d be quite happy.I just don''t think that it is likely to happen unfortunately.

In reality 3 wins is achievable but more likely to get a draw at Reading, win at Brentford and a loss to Derby is on the cards.

Would that be enough?

[quote user="Syteanric"]Will the sun be shining out of Neils ar$e again?

What would it take for him to redeem himself?[/quote]

Resignation.

We shouldn''t be in this position. We should be queuing up to buy him a drink. He should be managing a team no worse than in the top two, particularly with the money he had available.

I''m amazed that posters have not commented on Dave a Freezer''s article. It shows what has happened and the odds over the last 20 years post Xmas break. We have a 10% chance only of the play offs. The overwhelming odds are for a mid table finish. It chimes with my view of where we are. I think we have to accept this. But at least there is virtually no chance of relegation.

The future should be with our younger players. We need to restructure. As for Alex Neil it is an absolute fact that he has failed. One of the things he has said he is most scared of. If we were to sack him now and bring in someone else it would not matter. It''s too late for this season. The board have got it amazingly, staggeringly wrong. Very poor stewardship in my opinion. No-one can predict results but they above almost anyone else are close enough to the operations ( you would expect) to be able to see what was going on, the cultures, the dynamics. Change was needed weeks ago if not months ago. A wasted opportunity.

Ricardo still thinks we can make the play offs and I will cling to his usually sound judgement but I have to say that I feel as strongly now as ever we are not going to do it.

There is no way we will win the next 3 games and a defeat on Boxing Day against a resurgent Reading ( in terms of their position in previous seasons) must be on the list for most match day bets. What evidence or momentum points to us making the day with a rare away victory?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Defeats vs Reading and Derby. Point at Brentford. Gap to the bottom three narrows. Lots of inaction and clapping follows.[/quote]You couldn''t make it up, could you Highland?

He can''t do anything to redeem himself in my personal opinion - I''ve wanted him gone since we got relegated so pathetically last season, going down with a whimper. This season has been a disaster and we are only half-way. Even if he somehow manages to miraculously get 3 wins from the next 3, I want him gone. I am just shocked that some people still cannot see that his only impact on the club was those first few months, which looking back, was now so obviously just a new manager bounce. He can say whatever he likes, but it''s so obvious he''s lost the drive and his self-belief.

And no, I don''t know "who we would get in", but to be fair, anyone but Alex Neil would do right now.

[quote user="sonyc"]I''m amazed that posters have not commented on Dave a Freezer''s article. It shows what has happened and the odds over the last 20 years post Xmas break. We have a 10% chance only of the play offs. The overwhelming odds are for a mid table finish. It chimes with my view of where we are. I think we have to accept this. But at least there is virtually no chance of relegation.

The future should be with our younger players. We need to restructure. As for Alex Neil it is an absolute fact that he has failed. One of the things he has said he is most scared of. If we were to sack him now and bring in someone else it would not matter. It''s too late for this season. The board have got it amazingly, staggeringly wrong. Very poor stewardship in my opinion. No-one can predict results but they above almost anyone else are close enough to the operations ( you would expect) to be able to see what was going on, the cultures, the dynamics. Change was needed weeks ago if not months ago. A wasted opportunity.

Ricardo still thinks we can make the play offs and I will cling to his usually sound judgement but I have to say that I feel as strongly now as ever we are not going to do it.

There is no way we will win the next 3 games and a defeat on Boxing Day against a resurgent Reading ( in terms of their position in previous seasons) must be on the list for most match day bets. What evidence or momentum points to us making the day with a rare away victory?[/quote]

Completely agree with this.

I would tolerate his continued presence if he managed to get us on some sort of run that saw us get in the playoffs but fundamentally I don''t think he a good enough manager for our club and therefore I won''t be changing my mind unless I see a complete transformation in his or our performances over a prolonged period. A few win at this level means nothing because we have players good enough to beat the weaker teams at this level even when they are not performing at their best.

I would still sack him even if we got up through the playoffs as I don''t think he''s capable of rendering a team greater than the sum of its parts which is what we would need.

[quote user="sonyc"]I''m amazed that posters have not commented on Dave a Freezer''s article. It shows what has happened and the odds over the last 20 years post Xmas break. We have a 10% chance only of the play offs. The overwhelming odds are for a mid table finish. It chimes with my view of where we are. I think we have to accept this. But at least there is virtually no chance of relegation.

There is no way we will win the next 3 games and a defeat on Boxing Day against a resurgent Reading ( in terms of their position in previous seasons) must be on the list for most match day bets. What evidence or momentum points to us making the day with a rare away victory?[/quote]

I agree he has failed. I do not agree that it is too late for this season, the gap between 10th and 6th is not very big points wise this season and we have a side that is more than capable of going on a prolonged winning run if managed properly. I fully believe that a change now with the right man coming in would give us a very good chance of making the playoffs.

PS as Moxey wrote to a fan just 3 days ago and stated that the board still believe Alex Neil is capable of achieving their objective of promotion as soon as possible it appears he''s is going nowhere soon.

Staggering.

If Neil remains in charge I''d concentrate your attentions to the places closer to the bottom 6 of the table rather than the top 6. It appears that the leaders in the board room have departed and the current occupants have taken their eye of the ball.

Nothing that has happened in this season or even calendar year has suggested we have what it takes to be anywhere near the play offs.

Neil winning the next 3 games? More chance of a big fat bloke bringing presents through my chimney!

I had seen the article, which I think was following some EFL analysis of christmas to final position anaylsis for the champs, league 1 and 2 leagues.

We have never finished higher than 5th, which ties into my comment earlier in the week that even getting in the play off is a challenge; we will get to 81pts IF we start gaining 2 pts per game, that is usually promotion form, possible but a long way from where we are.

The normal position from 10th at Xmas is 13th, and that feels a more realistic assessment of the squad and manager right now.

The lowest position is 20th (from 10th) - we supports my view that relegation is extremely unlikely even allow from 7/9 defeats.

Jim Smith wrote

PS as Moxey wrote to a fan just 3 days ago and stated that the board still believe Alex Neil is capable of achieving their objective of promotion as soon as possible it appears he''s is going nowhere soon.

Staggering

Not really,(probably true) but he is hardly going to write to a fan saying, fully share your concerns and we are considering alternatives, have 3 meetings next week with potential new managers, but please don''t tell Alex.

Moxey''s words are disingenuous and misleading. Getting promoted is not on the agenda this year and it was hinted at by Michael Bailey on Mustard T.V than consolidation in more inline with the boards thinking.

If the board wanted any chance of promotion, Neil would of been sacked weeks ago. As he wasn''t, that should tell you all you need to know about how ''ambitious'' the board really is.

"If we tell the fans that Promotion is the priority, then they might actually believe it..."

Three wins in a row? No chance.