Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Watch out EPL

So, 25 years old, a really good footballer playing in arguably the best League in the World, is prepared to sell his soul for £400k a week to play in China. There will doubtless be many who will follow leaving the EPL looking like a poor mans Championship in 5 years time.Good riddance to them all - and don''t bother coming back when it all goes t*ts up.

It doesn''t matter which players come into or go out of the Premier League it still has a global reach and no matter how much the Chinese spend on players they will never get that audience.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]It doesn''t matter which players come into or go out of the Premier League it still has a global reach and no matter how much the Chinese spend on players they will never get that audience.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t be so sure...China has plans to be the biggest and best league in the world... fans will watch where the top players go.

[quote user="Syteanric"][quote user="TCCANARY"]It doesn''t matter which players come into or go out of the Premier League it still has a global reach and no matter how much the Chinese spend on players they will never get that audience.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t be so sure...China has plans to be the biggest and best league in the world... fans will watch where the top players go.[/quote]The top players haven''t played in the Premier League (in some cases ever) for quite a long time, that hasn''t affected the ability to sell EPL games in the UK or abroad. Sky currently pay £11million per game, do you think anyone will pay that for games in China?

[quote user="Syteanric"][quote user="TCCANARY"]It doesn''t matter which players come into or go out of the Premier League it still has a global reach and no matter how much the Chinese spend on players they will never get that audience.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t be so sure...China has plans to be the biggest and best league in the world... fans will watch where the top players go.[/quote]

I agree

Football is a huge bubble like many others around the world.

Foreigners are definately glory hunters they love the big players.

You either have the big players or you dont, you either have the best fans or you dont.

So if this continues the best players will be in Spain and China with second grade ones in the premier league.

Are premier league fans the best fans? Are all the games completely full? electric atmosphere etc etc

I am actually surprised that ticket prices continue to climb as it stands clubs get more money from TV than tickets in the top flight. Essential to this tv income are top players in-front of electric capacity crowd.

I would almost let singing fans in for cheaper as in effect they are part of the product.

Outside the UK the fan culture (and sadly hooligans in some places) are admired. They dont want to turn on the TV and see prawn sandwiches and tourists in the crowd.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]£11m per game?![/quote]

From the BBC when the deal was announced;

"BT will pay £320m per season, against £246m per season at present. The communications giant said that equated to £7.6m per game.

Sky,

meanwhile, said it will pay £1.392bn per year, or £11.07m per match,

for the right to broadcast 126 live matches, 10 more than currently. and

the maximum Sky was allowed to bid for under the auction rules."

It is no danger to the epl whatsoever ! You cannot manufacture 100 + years of rivalry and tradition no matter how much money you throw at it. Spain might lose out cos as a spectacle there league is shyte. The only players they will attract are south American mercenaries and hasbeens who always follow the money be it Russia , China or the moon.

If we was starting regularly for Chelsea he wouldn''t be leaving. Maybe no one else came in for him. Can''t blame a man for taking £400k a week.