Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Delia Smith Has Got To Go

I have always suspected that Delia is a closet Ipswich supporter so all this fiddling while Rome burns simply adds fuel to those suspicions.

After all, she lives in Suffolk and is going to wait until the club is so far down the league it will be impossible for a new manager to reach the play-offs this season. Delia has never shown any real pride in the club as she too easily tolerates failure and surrounds herself with yes-men. Bowkett and McNasty were only hired because the administrators were knocking on the door in 2009.

The club was a ritual laughing stock prior to McNasty and is rapidly heading that way again.

It beggars belief that no announcement has been made on the manager when there is a ready-made shortlist of two recent former England managers and the boy Rowett to choose from as his successor.

Board is not fit for any purpose.

Oh really, stop now! Delia has he best intentions and if she wants to keep the club safe from rotten money then I''m behind her 100%.

Young Tom fits the correct criteria for the next owner and has my full backing, good luck to the young lad. May he enjoy every minute as he did this Friday.

We are a caring small club with a family focus.

Yep you got one binnie vinnie. But that one has previous for making stuff up like you do ☺😂😂😂😂😂

I''m all for keeping ownership of the club away from the asians and arabs. But the price paid for this seems very steep ie Wynn-Jones and wife. As if we weren''t already a BBC sitcom we''ve got Delia''s Alan Partridge nephew to look forward to.I''m just hoping Tom''s wife is kept at arm''s length and doesn''t demand a seat on the board or start interfering in a similar manner to his aunt.

[quote user="daly"]You forgot Ed Prancing Balls[/quote]

So what have the club got to say about "promotion, promotion, promotion" now, eh?

It was just a lot of typical New Labour spin, as you would expect from this club. Totally without any foundation in fact or form.

The sooner we are rid of all these plastic people at the club the better. Get in some people of real substance who say what they mean and mean what they say and can back it up and carry it off.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Get in some people of real substance who say what they mean and mean what they say and can back it up and carry it off.[/quote]Who are these people Vinnie? Name them.......

[quote user="Big Vince"]I have always suspected that Delia is a closet Ipswich supporter so all this fiddling while Rome burns simply adds fuel to those suspicions.

After all, she lives in Suffolk and is going to wait until the club is so far down the league it will be impossible for a new manager to reach the play-offs this season. Delia has never shown any real pride in the club as she too easily tolerates failure and surrounds herself with yes-men. Bowkett and McNasty were only hired because the administrators were knocking on the door in 2009.

The club was a ritual laughing stock prior to McNasty and is rapidly heading that way again.

It beggars belief that no announcement has been made on the manager when there is a ready-made shortlist of two recent former England managers and the boy Rowett to choose from as his successor.

Board is not fit for any purpose.[/quote]I would sayget a grip, manbut I suspect that is probably part of your problem

I believe she is living in the past. football has moved on so much since they took over, money rules and she hasn''t got any left.

OR

Is she worried about losing her percentage of anything that''s got her name on it at CR ?

[quote user="CANARYKING"]I believe she is living in the past. football has moved on so much since they took over, money rules and she hasn''t got any left.

OR

Is she worried about losing her percentage of anything that''s got her name on it at CR ?[/quote]

Can someone tell us if this is true?

I saw the headline and thought, well, we are a similar age so she must have the same bladder problems as me.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="CANARYKING"]I believe she is living in the past. football has moved on so much since they took over, money rules and she hasn''t got any left.

OR

Is she worried about losing her percentage of anything that''s got her name on it at CR ?[/quote]

Can someone tell us if this is true?

[/quote]It is complete and utter nonsense.

Christmas is coming

The goose is getting fat

Please put a million in Delia''s hat

If you haven''t ot a million

A half million will do

If you haven''t got half a million

Face off, who needs fans like you?

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Christmas is coming

The goose is getting fat

A half million will do

Face off, who needs fans like you?[/quote]Apart from Michael Foulger it looks to me like the rest of the board will have to go Crafty.

The two most useless board members of recent years have been Delia Smith and Stephen Fry. The latter had the sense to step down, but the former is still sitting there tormenting the others.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Christmas is coming

The goose is getting fat

A half million will do

Face off, who needs fans like you?[/quote]It must be heart-breakingly frustrating for Crafty. He crafts all these hyper-intelligent and/or rib-ticklingly funny posts for our enlightenment and delight, and then Archant''s nasty auto-correct system takes out all the wisdom and all the humour, and in the case of poetry most of the scansion.

If you really want to know who owns our football clubs check out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs

I found it quite enlightening especially when you delve into the many links on the site giving a little more information about some of the owners.

Delia really is a pauper compared to some here but looking at the list I would still prefer her to some of her richer fellow owners.

But, at the end of the day, I really don''t want to have Norwich City owned by people who have no affinity to the club.

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]If you really want to know who owns our football clubs check out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs

I found it quite enlightening especially when you delve into the many links on the site giving a little more information about some of the owners.

Delia really is a pauper compared to some here but looking at the list I would still prefer her to some of her richer fellow owners.

But, at the end of the day, I really don''t want to have Norwich City owned by people who have no affinity to the club.[/quote]

The wealth of the owners is not always relevant anyway.

The Duke of Westminster. or his successor, owns Cambridge United. I doubt he is looking to bring in Messi. But he may well be improving the facilities for instance.

And many of these wealthy owners didn''t get involved until the clubs were successful.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="Yellow Wal"]If you really want to know who owns our football clubs check out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs

But, at the end of the day, I really don''t want to have Norwich City owned by people who have no affinity to the club.[/quote]

The wealth of the owners is not always relevant anyway.

The Duke of Westminster. or his successor, owns Cambridge United. I doubt he is looking to bring in Messi. But he may well be improving the facilities for instance.

And many of these wealthy owners didn''t get involved until the clubs were successful.[/quote]

The problem at Norwich doesn''t really have a lot to do with money. It is about the owners having sufficient IQ within their combined craniums in order to form intelligent conclusions and judgements based on observations and to then translate that into the appropriate action.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"]Get in some people of real substance who say what they mean and mean what they say and can back it up and carry it off.[/quote]Who are these people Vinnie? Name them.......[/quote]

That is supposed to be the job of the Nominations Committee, but clearly the Board doesn''t have one because dimwits are recruited directly.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 23/12/2016 10:58 AM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

Christmas is coming The goose is getting fat Please put a million in Delia''s hat If you haven''t ot a million A half million will do If you haven''t got half a million Face off, who needs fans like you?

It must be heart-breakingly frustrating for Crafty. He crafts all these hyper-intelligent and/or rib-ticklingly funny posts for our enlightenment and delight, and then Archant''s nasty auto-correct system takes out all the wisdom and all the humour, and in the case of poetry most of the scansion.

Everyone''s a critic. Just like Delia''s attitude towards the club''s fans, I don''t give a fack.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"]Get in some people of real substance who say what they mean and mean what they say and can back it up and carry it off.[/quote]Who are these people Vinnie? Name them.......[/quote]

That is supposed to be the job of the Nominations Committee, but clearly the Board doesn''t have one because dimwits are recruited directly.[/quote]'' Nominations Committee '' whatever are you on about ?