Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Sad news indeed

Yet another famous life claimed in 2016.  I loved your music from Matchstick Men right up ''til today.  Had the privilege to see you in concert several times.  You certainly Rocked All Over The World.   RIP Rick.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]Yes, very sad, and young by today''s standards. [/quote]Yes, young for us ordinary Joe''s but a fair innings for a rock and roll''er burning the candle at both ends.That said many might trade in those extra 20-odd years and inevitable decline for full-on fun for much of the previous 68 rocking all over the world.RIP Rick.

Cant beat a bit of the ol Quo now and then, one of Britain''s finest over the years. RIP Rick, keep on rockin up there in the sky x

Never liked Status Quo in my youth as I couldn''t understand why they only had three chords. As it is, some great songs only need three chords and over the years I have grown to quite like them. Sad at his passing. "Caroline" and "Paper Plane" are particular favourites.

Apparently Spinal Tap were based on Status Quo, I can see the St Hubbins/Parfitt resemblance.