Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

will attendances drop?

Should we not somehow go up/turn our fortunes.

Many posters on here will remember the 90''s post Relegation where we saw crowds of between 9-15''000 as dire mid table dross and losing to Port Vale, Charlton and Stockport were the norm.

Are we heading to those days again?

[quote user="lappinitup"]And a merry Christmas to you too Jas. [:D][/quote]

Hahah! Just giving us all something to discuss over a mice pie and a large Sherry!

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Our season in league one says probably not.[/quote]

Exactly.... 1 season...

If we''rr down here for longer than 2 the fair weather fans will go first

Not below 22,000 until the cock eyed season ticket holders stop fearing their attendance will not happen without a ST. Casuals will take the advantage of missing out on the crepe football served up presently and stop going down 1,000 already and only going one way. Expect ST waiting list to disappear.

If the government plans to double the population and size of Norwich, then they will have to enlarge the ground.

Build it and they will come.

I would suggest that is a nailed on certainty. Should the results fail to improve over the Xmas matches, and they (the board) continue to stand by their man, then I imagine sales will fall and the uptake of renewals will fall dramatically, and similarly the waiting list will disappear. Having pegged prices for a while, I expect a price increase will be made to try to cover the shortfall which will all but see the dark days of financial insecurity return.

Football is a results driven entertainment business, if any club, not just NCFC aren''t at the races, the falls are spectacular. Just look at the lower leagues!

Dont forget the days where we had KEITH SCOTT up front, sometimes paired with bloody Newmario or was it Ulf Ottasson.. god we''ve had some right shower''s...

You can keep your Sherry, but Mice pies sounds like a good option for Delia at the ground on match days.

Do you have a curried mice version?

[quote user="Syteanric"][quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Our season in league one says probably not.[/quote]

Exactly.... 1 season...

If we''rr down here for longer than 2 the fair weather fans will go first[/quote]

GOOD

Just over 25,000 v Huddersfield so around 2,000 empty seats. Now what did that last happen for a League game even taking into consideration TV cameras and only a few hundred away fans ? The drop off has already started.Merry Christmas one and all.

Even if it has, it''s not necessarily a bad thing. The numbers will drop perhaps through a lack of casual tickets being sold but if that''s the case then we may see more aggressive pricing which will benefit the casual and new supporters. They''ll also drop as the "glamour chasers" and fans of other clubs surrender their season tickets. With little chance of seeing the "big clubs" the appeal disappears, these tickets will become available for real fans. Finally, we''ll lose a number of petulant, foot-stamping, toy-throwing, dummy-spitting, entitled types for whom this represents an "all-time-low". Again, this can only be good and if I were the club I''d make a note of these lily-livered types to ensure they don''t come crawling back when our form takes an upturn.

Merry Xmas.

Nothing about glamour chasing, there will be no need for a season ticket as if there are tickets available for all games I won''t need my ticket to guarantee a seat. I will just be able to pay for games I go to. Can''t make midweek games mostly due to work so it''ll suit me.

In a nutshell Mickdundee.

But season tickets shouldn''t be about guaranteeing a seat for the big games. Season tickets are for people who want to go to every game. What''s the point of saving the money over 23 games that a season ticket affords only to waste twice as much on games you wouldnt choose to go to.

For those who like to go to every game a season ticket is still the best option even if we go back to 13,000 crowds.

Not many.

Most of those empty seats belonged to people who know their onions and have simply had enough.

As the empty seats increase, the collective football knowledge within the ground will decrease until such a point that only the happy clappers who know nothing about the game will be left.

I imagine this would be some kind of Delia Utopia. Dopia.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Is the plan to return us to 13k gates? You couldn''t make it up.[/quote]Actually you did, quite a while back, with the plan to make Neil Lennon manager.