Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for today?

RuddyPinto Martin Bassong OlsonHowson Tettey Dorrans Brady               Wes            OliveiraFor me, 4411 today an absolute must imo.  Will have to be compact and organised against another very good side.  Martin back because he can pass the ball better. 

Yep set up negative, invite pressure from a decent side at home! Then chase the game in the last 10 by pushing Bassong up top as a second striker!

Sorry but Pritchard needs to start and has to be allowed a run in the side, we need to build on his link up with Murphy & Oliviera. These three are the future, so get them on now.

Side u have chosen is about right as we are where we are.Some are good players in there but others are average at best.Good enough though for a draw today with a good chance of a win next game.

Ruddy

Pinto. Bassong klose olsson

Mulumbu dorrans

Howson Pritchard Brady

Oliveira

AN said his two options against Reading were-

1- sit back allowing them possession and hit on the break.

2- high energy pressing hoping to put Reading under pressure

Who knows which team he might pick.

LDC,

Not sure I agree with all your selections or indeed your set up, however I think you make a very good point re Martin''s passing ability, insomuch generally speaking his distribution of the ball is more telling than most, evidenced by the fact whenever he plays he is constantly the go to player for passing out from the back. I would also pair him with Klose, our most successful pairing this season by a long way.

Therefore, his inclusion will enable us to build and to retain the ball with greater alacrity than we have lately. Whether this would be enough to overcome a very good Reading side, is another story and of course the whole thing hinges on whether or not the manager a) understands this and b) has picked up his toys and tucked them back in his pram

As i post this Alex Neil is probably right now throwing 18 balls in the air all with a players name on them and the first eleven to hit the table will be playing.

I''m afraid I agree with Till. I try to be positive before games but have a feeling of foreboding today.

How can the guys on the pitch have a clear understanding of what their job is when the manager is so random.

Well let''s do the crazy thing of playing the best players we have so let''s start with Klose and Martin as CBs. Please drop Bennett as hes not very good as a defender and also harms our ability of playing out from the back.

If we drop Bennet we will never lose again, the worst player ever to put on the yellow and green and deserves regular persistent abuse to the point that he weeps.

It''s irrelevant what team is put out when the manager is completely incapable of coaching them, drilling them tactically, motivating them or rearranging them if things are going wrong. Absolute shambles.

Wouldn''t go that far VW but you''re in the right ball park. Lower half championship CB if I ever saw one.

If - and it''s a big if - if we can play with some confidence and belief, we would do well with Martin at the back, setting moves going and generally helping dictate the play - the problem is if we don''t start brightly and let them dictate the play - Reading will dominate and win.   Simples.

hogesar wrote the following post at 26/12/2016 12:32 PM:

Wouldn''t go that far VW but you''re in the right ball park. Lower half championship CB if I ever saw one.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It''s taken an awful lot of you a long, long time to realise this ........... but still ........ you got there in the end!

This cerainly wouldnt be my choice but I fear the team will be close to this                 RuddyPinto Bennett Bassong Olssen       Tettey DorransJarvis      Howson      Brady                 Jerome

For me

RuddyPinto  Martin Klose  Olssen         Howson MulumbuJarvis    Pritchard    Brady        OliveiraLike most people I think, I look forward to the match with a mixture of resignation and despair

[quote user="Alfie54"]This cerainly wouldnt be my choice but I fear the team will be close to this                 RuddyPinto Bennett Bassong Olssen       Tettey DorransJarvis      Howson      Brady                 Jerome

For me

RuddyPinto  Martin Klose  Olssen         Howson MulumbuJarvis    Pritchard    Brady        OliveiraLike most people I think, I look forward to the match with a mixture of resignation and despair

[/quote]
I like the look of that team Alfie, but I have liked the look of a few of the teams AN has put out........

-----------Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Olsson

------Howson Mulumbu-----

Jarvis--- Pritchard --Naismith

----------Oliviera

Not my preferred formation but as we have to line up that way this is the team I''d like to see

lake district canary wrote the following post at 26/12/2016 12:45 PM:

If - and it''s a big if - if we can play with some confidence and belief, we would do well with Martin at the back, setting moves going and generally

helping dictate the play - the problem is if we don''t start brightly and let them dictate the play - Reading will dominate and win. Simples.

IMO Lakey the problem has not been the absence of a ball playing CH abut the lack of available options to the CH when on the ball, whoever is wearing the shirt can''t do much if nobody shows for a pass.

So the names have been drawn out of the hat and today''s winning line up is........

[quote user="VanWink"]If we lose he''ll get pasted whatever team he picks to be fair.[/quote]

Which is fair