Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

It isnt just the manager....

If only our problems were as big as Alex Neil. But they are much bigger I fear.

If you trace the rot back it all started turning sour once Bowkett left in mysterious circumstances. It was followed by McNally jumping ship. Both have left a massive void of credible leadership which has not been filled by Balls and Nephew Tom.

Then there is the woeful transfer window when we last went up. The board is clearly full of stuffed shirts and is in need of sweeping out with fresh blood. Delia is still modelling the club on a local vision when football has turned global.

That is where the change needs to come.

I get the feeling the board aren''t going to be able to deflect as much of the blame onto the manager this time. He''s their man, they were professing total faith in him even when things were already sliding backwards, they are just as culpable as AN for our current situation. The lack of a decent scouting network poor players on lucrative contracts, all of this is board-level stuff that should have been sorted and hasn''t been.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The whole structure is totally rotten and inept. The manager may be chucked out of the basket but most of the other plebs will stay in post[/quote]That''s the trouble imo.  Overall I don''t think it matters who the manager is.  The ills of the club will never be truly solved until the current BOD is swept away and completely modernised and overhauled.

Absolutely.

Recruitment is a joke and Delia has lost my respect with her recent reported views.

Hanging the manager out to dry is not going to solve our problems unfortunately

Exactly, he''s just the puppet and it won''t change until Delia sells up.

It is her and MWJ that are holding back the club and this insistence on not sacking AN when all other clubs would have done just goes to demonstrate that she has no idea what it takes to run a club.

Yes she bailed us out, but how long can that last as a reason for her to hang around?

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]That''s not happening though so all we can do is hope that the next manager can turn the momentum on the pitch.[/quote]

He will.... yet in 18 months we''ll be sitting here having the same conversation again...

Hughton, Adams, Neil..... something needs to change to break the cycle..

#Deliaout

JF wrote the following post at 26/12/2016 5:49 PM:

Until the cook leaves or is forced out nothing will change

I''m afraid I agree. Her recent comments have blown it for me.

If she wont go then will the fans force it?

20 years since ''let Chase know it''s time to go...''

The mounted police will be charging the fans in May...

Syteanric wrote the following post at 26/12/2016 5:56 PM:

No chance. For some reason they are seen as untouchable and people don''t seem to care as much anymore

[quote user="JF"]Syteanric wrote the following post at 26/12/2016 5:56 PM:

No chance. For some reason they are seen as untouchable and people don''t seem to care as much anymore[/quote]

They saved the club don''cha know!?

Syteanric wrote the following post at 26/12/2016 6:11 PM:

JF wrote:
Syteanric wrote the following post at 26/12/2016 5:56 PM:

No chance. For some reason they are seen as untouchable and people don''t seem to care as much anymore

They saved the club don''cha know!?

And took it down to league 1, the lowest it''s been for 50 years. A place that we could very easily end up being back in

On different posts I have asked the question of the More inclined to keep AN supporters if they are prepared to trust him and give him a shed load of money to turn things around. I haven''t had one response to that question. Of course those who want him out need not answer.