Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Bored with it

I''ve decided to do one of these threads

I''m just bored with it all. It''s just a mess all over.

We need to sack the manager, big time, but that''s stage one. We have a deep rot in our club in senior management andokaying staff that needs to be surgically removed and I literally don''t know how we do it.

It''s just sad because this club is capable of so much!

Delia and the board are the architects of our demise, they have squandered the Lambert legacy and we are now heading backwards. The train set needs to be torn from her grasp, and we need serious investment, foreign or no. Without new money and a new board we are stagnating and we''ll be in League 1 before we have any chance of heading back to the PL.

Totally agree with you Buh, its so frustrating, disappointing and pretty much self-inflicted. Chance after chance to make this Club the great club it deserves to be and the board /management etc piss it all away. The sense of disillusion of it all is palpable.

If people want change how about invoking it by either stop going to games, purchasing season tickets, and putting cash into the pockets of the clueless cook. Or if you can''t bring yourself to stay away because you have nothing else in your lives, when you''re there make your voices heard and give her hell. Unfortunately our fans don''t seem to have the spine to do either and they know it, which is why they cover it up by pretending to be ''bored''. Unfortunately our fans are sheep and Delia knows it which is why she can and will sit back and do f##k all. You get the club you deserve.

So you are agreeing with the bluenose troll just because I don''t?

Cracking stuff Midlands 😁

To be fair, I think a lot of moderate fans feel a diluted version of what binboy is saying.I''d like to hear the board actually interact with the fans, and justify their decision for keeping Neil in the role. I also feel a lot of moderate fans will avoid the Southampton game - not a political boycott ''per se'', but I feel I''ve already invested enough money in the club for minimal return this season and am not prepared to pay another £50 when money is tight.Even the most staunch supporters of the status quo must surely expect that many fans would like answers and interaction with those who run the club, given our alarming nosedive and some of the soundbites coming out of the club recently? Particularly the D&M interview with Henry Winter?

Surely you don''t seriously think they should come out and debate this with the fans. The last statement was in support of the manager. They ask not going to be like this place and continually make the same statement week in and week out. I would think any statement over the next couple days would see the manager gone. I guess they could come out with a worthy style two game ultimatum but I very much doubt that.

And the board not debating this with the fans is the only professional thing to do. You''re all gonna have to wait. Just like Saturday night all over again...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Surely you don''t seriously think they should come out and debate this with the fans. The last statement was in support of the manager. They ask not going to be like this place and continually make the same statement week in and week out. I would think any statement over the next couple days would see the manager gone. I guess they could come out with a worthy style two game ultimatum but I very much doubt that.

And the board not debating this with the fans is the only professional thing to do. You''re all gonna have to wait. Just like Saturday night all over again...[/quote]

Of course you are right in these circumstances and thanks for actually addressing the points raised instead of just slagging off.

The board debate with supporters once a year and that is AOB at the AGM.

Just because they said something to AN after the game doesn''t mean they won''t talk about it on the way home and sack him tonight or tomorrow.

It isn''t for debate with the supporters at any time. It is simply a matter of them saying enough is enough or we back the manager.

And surely even your Double N must think him immediate departure will be best all round. Considering they acted at a similar time with Adams who had a slightly better record in the Championship after relegation.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Surely you don''t seriously think they should come out and debate this with the fans. The last statement was in support of the manager. They ask not going to be like this place and continually make the same statement week in and week out. I would think any statement over the next couple days would see the manager gone. I guess they could come out with a worthy style two game ultimatum but I very much doubt that.

And the board not debating this with the fans is the only professional thing to do. You''re all gonna have to wait. Just like Saturday night all over again...[/quote]Fair enough, Nutty. I''ve been through the cycle many times, and it would not be out of place for someone on the board to at least issue a statement regarding the manager - surely eight defeats in ten is justification enough for fans to ask that the board ''back him or sack him''? They don''t have to respond, but similarly it''s not unreasonable for fans to demand answers, whether or not they are forthcoming. This death by a thousand cuts is making things harder for the board, the manager and the fans alike.I trust that the board know that if they don''t act, the source of the fans'' ire will invariably shift from the manager to those responsible for the inaction over the manager''s position.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Even you? Lol

It was different with Neil Adams pops because he resigned.[/quote]

The Adams illustration is fair because the club admitted they had studied Neil for a long period, surely meaning as a replacement. And maybe the promise of 8 months leave on full pay and a made up position of loanee admin was the favourable shove that Adams needed.

We don''t know the full facts of what happened with Neil Adams. And that''s how it should be. Subsequent events then were as they should be. And if Moxey doesn''t have a similar plan in place then he''s no replacement for McNally. But we didn''t know McNallys plan in advance.

Wolfie. .. the board don''t need to make a statement if they don''t have anything new to say. Until they say differently their view is the same as the last statement.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]We don''t know the full facts of what happened with Neil Adams. And that''s how it should be. Subsequent events then were as they should be. And if Moxey doesn''t have a similar plan in place then he''s no replacement for McNally. But we didn''t know McNallys plan in advance.

Wolfie. .. the board don''t need to make a statement if they don''t have anything new to say. Until they say differently their view is the same as the last statement.[/quote]

So it could be Jackett then?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Wolfie. .. the board don''t need to make a statement if they don''t have anything new to say. Until they say differently their view is the same as the last statement.[/quote]Would you agree that their currently held position (can''t remember if it was Balls or Moxey) that our priorities for the season are "Promotion, promotion and promotion" might be ripe for revision? Issuing a statement a couple of hours after another sore defeat would not be wise, I concede that, but I feel seriously let down by what appears to be a growing inertia at the core of the club. I know I''m only one voice, but as the disillusionment grows, so does the discontent...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Is that your guess? Is it worth a punt?

I didn''t see Alex Neil coming to be fair.[/quote]

No not really but if Moxey has Delia''s confidence, then maybe he would be his choice.

Derek Adams is doing a good job at Plymouth (albeit another Scot who hasn''t been used to money).

Another is Phil Brown, who has had more experience with a bit of money but is used to picking up half decent lower league players and is doing a pretty good job at Southend.

And of course, there is Woy.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Would you agree that their currently held position (can''t remember if it was Balls or Moxey) that our priorities for the season are "Promotion, promotion and promotion" might be ripe for revision? Issuing a statement a couple of hours after another sore defeat would not be wise, I concede that, but I feel seriously let down by what appears to be a growing inertia at the core of the club. I know I''m only one voice, but as the disillusionment grows, so does the discontent...[/quote][Y] I just started a thread where 3,000 have already within 3 hours expressed their discontent by taking the trouble to vote.

They can hardly revise what they told the shareholders without making a statement. So no statement is the same as saying it''s the same. I would guess they review after every game and are still of the view Alex Neil can attain it. I personally doubt we will be promoted this season but I''m not on the board.

Don''t confuse not agreeing with a decision with them not making a decision.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]They can hardly revise what they told the shareholders without making a statement. So no statement is the same as saying it''s the same. I would guess they review after every game and are still of the view Alex Neil can attain it. I personally doubt we will be promoted this season but I''m not on the board.

Don''t confuse not agreeing with a decision with them not making a decision.[/quote]Given the level of fan discontent already evident (I''m currently watching the highlights again - we''re the main match on Channel 5, so the whole nation will watch and hear the discontent and consequent analysis, I would imagine), mightn''t it be politic to at least address the situation publicly? Oh well, we''ll see I guess...

I just saw the highlights too. Adam Virgo knows the score, i thought he summed it up when he said that problems were of our own making and not on the pitch.

Keelansgrandad mentions the Plymouth manager as a possible replacement for AN. He warns that he has no experience of having a bit of money to spend. After frittering millions in the past few years, we are now at the point of needing somebody who can manage without the ability to buy players.

I liked Robin Sainty''s Christmas Eve article Root and Branch etc. which summarised the state of the club perfectly.

Summed up my thoughts perfectly Buh, hence I''ve barely been on here. When the club don''t seem to be bothered about the fans, it''s hard to be bothered about the club, especially as an exile.

Wolfie they will address it if they sack him. I can''t see them coming out and saying anything else like they''re a lot closer to sacking him or that his job is a lot safer than at the last statement. Can you?