Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Would anybody like to explain why Nelson came off today

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"]There is a lot of over reaction on here again tonight - I get it - we looked bad defensively again - but people have to try and keep a level head in these situations or the danger is you end up working yourslef up into a frenzy of resentment about every single thing to do with the club - some justified, but a lot unjustified.[/quote]

Trollololol. Sit back and watch the replies roll in...[/quote]I expect better from you FTW. [/quote]I reserve my better stuff for people who aren''t just assuming a contrary position to seek attention.

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Regardless of AN''s reasoning we were noticably poorer and the ball stuck far less often in the final third after Oliviera went off.

In my opinion it was more about AN asserting that he''s the boss, his own man and will make the changes he deems nessicary. Because I can''t for the bloody life of me see any possible footballing reason to make that change.

With the ball at his feet or over 5 yards where it matters Oliviera is no slower than Jerome. Jerome would be better chasing the ball over the top only but we wern''t playing that way! Before the substitution we were getting bodies forward but the moves were breaking down through too much intricate passing and poor final balls.

What the hell AN was seeing I''ll never know. That was Glenn Roeder-esque[/quote]

I think I must have missed AN''s tenure as England Manager !

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"]There is a lot of over reaction on here again tonight - I get it - we looked bad defensively again - but people have to try and keep a level head in these situations or the danger is you end up working yourslef up into a frenzy of resentment about every single thing to do with the club - some justified, but a lot unjustified.[/quote]

Trollololol. Sit back and watch the replies roll in...[/quote]I expect better from you FTW. [/quote]I reserve my better stuff for people who aren''t just assuming a contrary position to seek attention.[/quote]

Yeah, yeah........or just people only wanting to see things written that they agree with and how dare anyone think differently.   The situation is bad. I  get it,  but sometimes, you have to be strong enough to withstand the hype, the over reaction and the anger - and come out the other side stronger. It does happen, you know.....

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"]There is a lot of over reaction on here again tonight - I get it - we looked bad defensively again - but people have to try and keep a level head in these situations or the danger is you end up working yourslef up into a frenzy of resentment about every single thing to do with the club - some justified, but a lot unjustified.[/quote]

Trollololol. Sit back and watch the replies roll in...[/quote]I expect better from you FTW. [/quote]I reserve my better stuff for people who aren''t just assuming a contrary position to seek attention.[/quote]

Yeah, yeah........or just people only wanting to see things written that they agree with and how dare anyone think differently.   The situation is bad. I  get it,  but sometimes, you have to be strong enough to withstand the hype, the over reaction and the anger - and come out the other side stronger. It does happen, you know.....

[/quote]I don''t need a lecture, Lakey. My life outwith football has given me ample opportunity to experience, and reflect on, coming through difficult times with renewed strength. This, coupled with many years of wasting time on internet forums (one of the old habits that has yet to die, it seems), leads me to stand by my assertion that you are an inveterate attention seeker who assumes a contrary position in order to garner a reaction from anybody who will listen to you.

"because a totally inept manager could not see what you, me and most other supporters could see, that our best chance was with our in form striker on the pitch!"

Says it all for me!!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"]There is a lot of over reaction on here again tonight - I get it - we looked bad defensively again - but people have to try and keep a level head in these situations or the danger is you end up working yourslef up into a frenzy of resentment about every single thing to do with the club - some justified, but a lot unjustified.[/quote]

[/quote]

But when do you want to react to a poor situation?

Surely you remember 1994 and seventh in the Prem at Xmas?