Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Would anybody like to explain why Nelson came off today

I heard he came off because he was exhausted last week, clearly visible to those that were there😀

Just wondering if anyone spotted it again today?

because a totally inept manager could not see what you, me and most other supporters could see, that our best chance was with our in form striker on the pitch!

Because if we played two up front we would need to change the formation. And if we had equalised then Alex Neil is less likely to get a golden handshake payoff

Ah thank goodness, now we know, AN has told us he came off because he didn''t have a very good first half. Love it 😳

[quote user="VanWink"]Ah thank goodness, now we know, AN has told us he came off because he didn''t have a very good first half. Love it 😳[/quote]

Sums it up. Fool.

VanWink wrote the following post at 26/12/2016 5:47 PM:

Ah thank goodness, now we know, AN has told us he came off because he didn''t have a very good first half. Love it 😳

Has he seriously said that? Unbelievable if that is the case

[quote user="VanWink"]Ah thank goodness, now we know, AN has told us he came off because he didn''t have a very good first half. Love it 😳[/quote]You are joking?

Yes he has. Other remarks I think about fresh legs and energy as I recall but the bit about the first half has overshadowed anything else he said in my memory, could not believe what I was listening to.

The blokes not only lost the plot, but with that sort of "reason" he''s lost his marbles as well it seems.

[quote user="VanWink"]Yes he has. Other remarks I think about fresh legs and energy as I recall but the bit about the first half has overshadowed anything else he said in my memory, could not believe what I was listening to.[/quote]In that case he''s lost the plot and should be sectioned.  If The Cook won''t sack him then perhaps we could get him put away.

Neil  was just being honest, but obviously didn''t phrase it well. He said that Olivera had a poor first half, but came alive in the second half - but overall the reason for him coming off was for fresh legs up front and the pace that Jerome has to offer.

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 26/12/2016 6:00 PM:

So you all watched the first half ?

At the time of the substitution he was flying high on confidence and looked capable of creating something. The 1st half performance is completely irrelevant in the circumstances

So we had no right sided midfield player for the last third of the game which means it might have been better two play two up front and ignore the depleted and equally tired midfield.

But no, we must not alter the script of one up front.

Well I am not having that, he held the ball up well the first half, touch was good but he needed more support. Can''t believe Alex said that.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Neil  was just being honest, but obviously didn''t phrase it well. He said that Olivera had a poor first half, but came alive in the second half - but overall the reason for him coming off was for fresh legs up front and the pace that Jerome has to offer.

[/quote]Why is it you ALWAYS defend the the club LDC ? You''re the '' worst '' happy clapper on here.OK even if we agree with AN that Oliviera had an indifferent 1st half he was certainly putting himself about after HT. Why take him off ? He''s looked miles better than Jerome in recent matches. He must be as p*ssed off as the fans.AN''s interview on Canary Call gave the impression he''s lost the plot and in fairness the Board should put him out of his misery,I take my hat off to over 1400 that were there today. They deserve much better and it doesn''t look as though they''ll be getting it anytime soon under the present set up.

I want to hear what young Tom to say about his empire?

Does he have a view, is he his own man, does he clap at all things Norwich, does he want to keep AN for 10''years?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]Neil  was just being honest, but obviously didn''t phrase it well. He said that Olivera had a poor first half, but came alive in the second half - but overall the reason for him coming off was for fresh legs up front and the pace that Jerome has to offer.

[/quote]Why is it you ALWAYS defend the the club LDC ? You''re the '' worst '' happy clapper on here. OK even if we agree with AN that Oliviera had an indifferent 1st half he was certainly putting himself about after HT. Why take him off ? He''s looked miles better than Jerome in recent matches. He must be as p*ssed off as the fans.[/quote]Not defending the club - I''m just trying to understand what AN meant with his comments.   He is under the cosh and is plainly feeling it and plainly feeling the pressure, as shown by his honest - but badly phrased - assessment of why he took off Oliveira.   There is a lot of over reaction on here again tonight - I get it - we looked bad defensively again - but people have to try and keep a level head in these situations or the danger is you end up working yourslef up into a frenzy of resentment about every single thing to do with the club - some justified, but a lot unjustified. It''s almost as if people actually enjoy getting worked up about how terrible everything is - when the truth is somewhat less dramatic.  It''s Hughton all over again - intolerance and resentment to the extent that fans will do their best to undermine the manager in game after game, making his job harder and harder and harder.   We are on a bad run, there are problems to sort - but throwing out the manager may not be the answer - especially if there is no-one good enough available who can sort it out quickly.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]Neil  was just being honest, but obviously didn''t phrase it well. He said that Olivera had a poor first half, but came alive in the second half - but overall the reason for him coming off was for fresh legs up front and the pace that Jerome has to offer.

[/quote]Why is it you ALWAYS defend the the club LDC ? You''re the '' worst '' happy clapper on here. OK even if we agree with AN that Oliviera had an indifferent 1st half he was certainly putting himself about after HT. Why take him off ? He''s looked miles better than Jerome in recent matches. He must be as p*ssed off as the fans.[/quote]Not defending the club - I''m just trying to understand what AN meant with his comments.   He is under the cosh and is plainly feeling it and plainly feeling the pressure, as shown by his honest - but badly phrased - assessment of why he took off Oliveira.   There is a lot of overreaction on here tonight - I get it - we looked bad defensively again - but people have to try and keep a level head in these situations or the danger is you end up working yourslef up into a frenzy of resentment about every single thing to do with the club - some justified, but a lot unjustified. It''s almost as if people actually enjoy getting worked up about how terrible everything is - when the truth is somewhat less dramatic.  It''s Hughton all over again - intolerance and resentment to the extent that fans will do their best to undermine the manager in game after game, making his job harder and harder and harder.   We are on a bad run, there are problems to sort - but throwing out the manager may not be the answer - especially if there is no-one good enough available who can sort it out quickly.

[/quote]What exactly Lakey ?

Regardless of AN''s reasoning we were noticably poorer and the ball stuck far less often in the final third after Oliviera went off.

In my opinion it was more about AN asserting that he''s the boss, his own man and will make the changes he deems nessicary. Because I can''t for the bloody life of me see any possible footballing reason to make that change.

With the ball at his feet or over 5 yards where it matters Oliviera is no slower than Jerome. Jerome would be better chasing the ball over the top only but we wern''t playing that way! Before the substitution we were getting bodies forward but the moves were breaking down through too much intricate passing and poor final balls.

What the hell AN was seeing I''ll never know. That was Glenn Roeder-esque

[quote user="lake district canary"]There is a lot of over reaction on here again tonight - I get it - we looked bad defensively again - but people have to try and keep a level head in these situations or the danger is you end up working yourslef up into a frenzy of resentment about every single thing to do with the club - some justified, but a lot unjustified.[/quote]Trollololol. Sit back and watch the replies roll in...

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"]There is a lot of over reaction on here again tonight - I get it - we looked bad defensively again - but people have to try and keep a level head in these situations or the danger is you end up working yourslef up into a frenzy of resentment about every single thing to do with the club - some justified, but a lot unjustified.[/quote]

Trollololol. Sit back and watch the replies roll in...[/quote]I expect better from you FTW.