Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

One more match.

That''s what Neil has imo.  No disgrace to lose to Reading who are flying, but the same defensive frailty is still there.  A good result/performance at Brentford and he might stay for the Derby match, but if he loses at Brentford, I don''t think even our board will not act, because the drop is now too alarming.   So he has to win against Brentford to keep his job for Derby. Then he will probably have to win that too.  No more chances left.

The cook will sack him after the window so no money is spent on in coming transfers. She will then appoint Roy Hodgson to complete the Crony Club. Oh, happy days.

[quote user="lake district canary"]That''s what Neil has imo.  No disgrace to lose to Reading who are flying, but the same defensive frailty is still there.  A good result/performance at Brentford and he might stay for the Derby match, but if he loses at Brentford, I don''t think even our board will not act, because the drop is now too alarming.   So he has to win against Brentford to keep his job for Derby. Then he will probably have to win that too.  No more chances left.

[/quote]

He had no more chances left prior to today. We were dire, again. Time for him to go has long past.

No more chances, it should have been done weeks ago. Shame he can''t take the cook with him

I have a sneaky feeling that he''ll be removed by tomorrow ... Hodgson to have a watching brief at Brentford before he takes the reins against Derby at home.

Rowett will be seen as just a direct swap for Neil.

That Reading team is sh*t. Quite an effort to manage to lose to them with the quality we have at our disposal.

Sorry LDC but I can''t support incompetence any longer. The defensive problem was obvious last season and has been allowed to deteriorate even from that lowpoint. At some point the man in charge has to carry the can.Just one more game, just one more. We are well into Wiz territory now.

Sorry , but no way NEIL OUT ! I have had enough of it. One more game here, one more there, he''s cr@p and has to go now. Crowd is now really turning against him. Tbh I wish the cook would pi $$ off too

why one more match?........its probably even too late now.

As each game goes by the prospective list of new managers dwindles. A couple of weeks ago when we were 2 or 3 points off the playoffs ,we would still have been an attractive draw.....leave it another game and we could be 8 points+ off 6th place and you''re then into territory where anyone interested would question whether anything this season is salvagable.

I think we could still get Rowett if we acted NOW....but he''d be forgiven for hanging on to see would else might come knocking now.

To be honest the season is over and has been for a number of weeks. Most fans could see where this was all going, some could see problems earlier in the year. It won''t matter who comes in for this year but at least a new person can get to know his squad, think about a style that suits the team etc. I agree with Ricardo that actually we need to put the guy out of his misery.

The board may feel they are being loyal but the inaction is incredible ....I genuinely feel now that Delia''s article is one of those watershed moments. Stating the ideal 10 years fo Neil''s tenure and being disrespectful to fans in subtle ways was a big, big mistake. It''s painted her into a corner. I understand her comments about money and community and stability. But at this moment the negligence and lack of duty of care for NCFC is astounding. And so sad. No wonder many fans are tweeting about losing faith.

AN has one match. Well he only plays with one striker.

assuming he''s not sacked beforehand and we can take this situation to Carrow Rd on Monday vs Derby, I''m fairly sure Carrow Rd will make its displeasure known before,during and after the game to an extent where action has to be taken.

.....unfortunately what lies between now and then is a return match vs Brentford who 29 days ago provided one of the worst opposition I''ve seen at Carrow Rd in nearly 40 years.

Surely they wouldn''t be that bad again , would they??

Win or lose against Brentford we cannot let him off the hook.

"Neil out" from the start of the Derby game with no let up.

It''s important to remember that''s the amount of time Lakey thinks the board will give Neil. He hasn''t said that''s how much time he thinks Neil should get. I think that''s an important distinction here.

For what it''s worth I think Lakey is right. Neil has already said the board have told him to carry on and other indications from journalists there at the ground suggest he''ll get the Brentford game to save his job.

I personally don''t think even our board could ignore yet another defeat in New Years Eve and the axe would simply have to fall then.

In reality, of course, Neil is already a dead man walking. The crowd have totally turned to the extent that he''s now only ever one bad performance from things becoming totally mutinous. Something which he could only cure with an unbelievable sequence of results from here.