Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Sorry, but painfully disappointed with the board.

I like Alex Neil. Unpopular opinion at the moment but I think he''s regularly been honest with fans and clearly works hard.

But it seems the board refuse to let go of a manager until the fans get to a point where they''re completely disillusioned and are only left with rants and hatred spouted during games.

It was a brave decision from the board to keep him on after we lost 5 in a row. Even braver when you consider the Brighton game.

But a stark reality is no matter how brave it was it''s been proven bloody stupid and wrong.

I know the board generally like to give a manager time but so do Norwich fans who are typically more patient. Would any of the top 6 teams have kept their manager after this run? Particularly after a relegation too.

I''m just not a fan of seeing one man getting so much anger and abuse in his home stadium. But the board are clearly going to wait for the fans to get to this point.

Just seems unfair when I, admittedly with my yellow and green glasses and a fair bit of sentiment, have Wembley to fondly look back on.

The answer is simple. Turn on the board and not the manager.

I agree that the board should have acted earlier, but as this run has gone on, AN has become increasingly stubborn and dishonest in his assessment of the matches.

He must carry some of the blame for the fans discontent with both his on and off field behaviour. So, it''s not just down to the board.

Problem is JF, I don''t really want the board out. I think we''re on a good footing with a good squad at the moment. I think what I''ve said above is a fault with their loyalty which I do have a problem with. But despite that I appreciate many other aspects of their ownership.

Reality is if we get a new manager in and make the playoffs and somehow get promoted the focus will rightly or wrongly come off the board.

There is a lot to be frustrated with the board about, however their biggest problem is with the loyalty shown to AN, hardly a reason to turn the attention to them, They must now see that their manager is out of his depth, he keeps doing the same things over and over again, and they will have to act soon. But if they want Rowett they must be quick or Swansea will beat them to it.

It''s not the fans job to have to force the board to act for the good of the club. These people are earning a fortune and shirking the major decisions time and time again and I don''t trust them not to do something ridiculous if and when Neil gets the push.

What I can''t fathom is how Delia and Michael haven''t learned from the Hughton catastrophe ... IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN ... Neil won''t turn it around from here - no manager ever does.

It''s like groundhog day and, criminally, so so avoidable.

On that caveat, we do appear to have reverted back to a very easy board mentality where eventually Worthy was gone, a series of poor managers came in who dismantled the squad and we ended up with Gunny, debt and the third division! Are we heading for it again.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Neil won''t turn it around from here - no manager ever does. [/quote]To be fair, no manager ever gets the chance to. I think at pretty much every other club in the world this run of form would have resulted in a sacking a couple of games ago. So a small positive is that we are going to be entering uncharted territory for football, exciting stuff.

The state of the club right now is disgusting.

We as fans are being taken for a ride. The board are to blame completely. Neil should have been sacked after the Brighton game. So many predicted this run, I genuinely fear for us now.

I mean look at the state of our board. It''s a complete embarrassment, reflected by our form on the pitch.

Bowket, McNally & Lambert. My god how far have we fallen.

We could go down.

[quote user="GeneralNorwich"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Neil won''t turn it around from here - no manager ever does. [/quote]To be fair, no manager ever gets the chance to. I think at pretty much every other club in the world this run of form would have resulted in a sacking a couple of games ago. So a small positive is that we are going to be entering uncharted territory for football, exciting stuff.[/quote]

Possibly, if Neil was doing something different and transitioning us into a new side, playing the best young talented players at his disposal.

But he''s doing none of this. Out out out.

We won''t go down, largely because Blackburn, Wigan and Rotherham are so crap we will only need about 15 more points from here to survive at most. Even on our current run we will just about muster that.

However, the fact we are even talking about that as being as possibility after being top in late September is an absolute disgrace. We need to get rid of AN, appoint a new manager with experience and effectively allow them to rebuild the squad in the hope they can challenge next season.

I''ll get ridiculed for saying it but given the lack of know how and experience in the boardroom, for me the outstanding candidate would be Roy Hodgson. He''s performed excellently with clubs of our stature before and would offer a wealth of experience we desperately need.

OK, he''s a short term option but management at Norwich City invariably is. Lambert lasted 3 years, Hughton 2 years, Adams 8 months and Neil has currently been in charge for around 2 years.

Ironically the board have such a good relationship with him they could probably make this happen but they won''t.

Time to dream.

I see Red Bull are interested in West Ham (although being denied ATM)

If only Gold & Sullivan wanted to sell for profit & reinvest in a club ripe for growth with the right leadership...

Karen Brady is even married to an ex Norwich player...

Weasel words from Hogesar. It should have been clear weeks ago that Alex Neil was a failure but yet he revelled in trolling the outers. A good example of an empty vessel making the most noise.

Totally understand where Hoggy is.

I went on record weeks ago saying that I thought Alex should go. The board have stuck with their man. I think it''s a huge mistake but then I don''t know the ramifications of binning him at this point.

The board, however, lose credibility with the vocal majority week on week. Moxey has yet to really stick his head above the parapet and that seems almost arrogant to us.

But, they made the statement that they were standing by him. As such, no further statement (however much we disagree) is necessary until that situation or position changes.

And, for all the "it starts at the top, that''s where change is needed", this is NOT the same as hounding Chase out.

To get rid of the top brass now, someone has to stump up. Delia Out is all well and good if you''re willing to push for it and accept the first group with any money as the replacement.

It might just work.

The problem that they have is that they - it isn''t about the money ffs - want to do best by the club.

If the majority really want them out then it''s time to let them know but it will be a first come owns your club situation.

I''m genuinely not sure that I''d be happy with that irrespective of how jarred off I am right now.

JF wrote the following post at 2016-12-27 2:26 AM:

The answer is simple. Turn on the board and not the manager.

The only way, and I mean the only way to show any dissent to that quarter is to vote with ones feet, and stay away from the next game. I know many, and I include myself in that, will find that very difficult, but Archant can put as many polls up as they like, meetings can be arranged, displays of discontent can be shown outside the ground, chants can be made inside the ground but all of this will not make one jot of difference. But if supporters don''t turn up.......it speaks volumes........and then Delia and her hand picked CEO and rest of the crew have to start to take notice, because that means financially, too, matters will go down hill quickly, very quickly, and with season ticket renewal letters in the very near distance, they know themselves they will not survive without dipping into those not so deep pockets of theirs........!

Oh sorry Len I think you''re slightly mistaken. I still regard you as a complete fcking idiot belonging at Portman Road. Just want to clear that up.

[quote user="hogesar"]Oh sorry Len I think you''re slightly mistaken. I still regard you as a complete fcking idiot belonging at Portman Road. Just want to clear that up.[/quote]Instead of posting a grudging climbdown you could maybe go the whole hog and admit you''ve been talking nonsense all season.Merry Christmas hoggy.

I''m not sure what your point is Len.

If you read all my posts on this thread you''d realise Im not calling for Delias head and neither do i want the board "out".

As for AN ive thought his time was up for a few weeks now.

It is very easy for us to pick targets at the moment as there are only three to aim at: the board, coaching staff and players.

If we believe still that the playing squad is good enough to be doing far better at this level then we can let them off the hook for the majority of the blame for the current crisis.

The performances on the pitch are awful and that is down to one immediate area, the manager and his coaches (we assume Irvine agrees with Neil or if he doesn''t, is too frightened to make his differences public knowledge or is hopeful ofa palace coup with him installed as the new manager).

Of course the board can do little about the playing staff but can certainly do something about the coaching staff.

I have always regarded the majority shareholders with a bit of scepticism as they have got things wrong more often than they have got it right.

And while there is still some loyalty towards them for not only their apparent love for the club and caring approach and their apparent rescue of the club by buying Watling''s shares, we have to accept that we were close to administration under their care and only spent five of their twenty year reign in the top echelon.

So of course they must take their full share of the blame. Not for stubborness or blind loyalty but for making more wrong decisions than right ones.

And it is apparent that if we assume that sites like this one are representative of the general feeling of the 25K attendees plus the thousands of others like myself who cannot go to home matches but have the club in their genes, then the overwhelming opinion is that the coaching staff should be relieved of their duties as soon as possible.

The obvious thought is, if we can see it, why can''t they? But I imagine things such as replacement, compensation and reaction have to be considered and they do have a history of getting that wrong.