Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Top six still possible

Yes I know it does not look likely but at the start of the season I wrote on this forum that we are a top ten squad that should make it into play offs.I was told don''t be daft,we are top two min.We were never a top two squad. Top six, yes.We are still capable of play offs with changes.Football can change with new ideas and new faces it always does, sometimes a few games sometimes a lot longer.Let''s not write this season off just yet!

With a new manager and the players at our disposal, the playoffs isn''t out of the question. If we keep Alex Neil, the playoffs are highly, highly unlikely.

33 points from the first half of the league season means City will need just under 2 points per game from the second half of the season to reach 75+ points which is normally what is require for playoffs.

Not looking remotely likely at the moment.

By the time out inept and out of touch board act, the play offs will be a dot on the horizon. We are in free fall and the bottom 6 is far more likely. If this isn''t addressed we could end up in a relegation battle.

This is only a ''top 10 squad'' with AN in charge.

With a vaguely competent manager, they are definitely top 2 or 3 material. You just have to look at how much individual players have regressed in the last 6-12 months to see that.

A new manger might be able to get some of their careers back on track; however, like a few on here, I do agree that there are a few in the squad who don''t seem to care and probably need shipping out anyway.

I''d like to think a new manager/coaches could make them damn well care, something that AN is failing miserably on.

There will be no change till end of January, this way the sale of the high earning players can be made with little fuss, realign the budgets for another season in the championship and then have funds to payoff AN.

With this BOD it''ll be a cheap in house option given the rest of the season while they come out with the shite of scouring the globe for the right replacement before settling for whoever the temporary manager is to carry on!

Couldn''t do any worse. At least Bassong would be out of the team and Klose back in.

Let''s be honest, given current form, relegation is still possible too...

Wolves in 2012/13

23 games played 31 points

us

23 games played 33 points

At this moment in time relegation is just as likely.

Moxey waited until the 5th of January that season to make a change, that change in his mind will have led to relegation, I''d argue it was the choice of Dean Saunders as replacement that cost them but whatever. So I can see him not wanting to make a change unless he absolutely has to this time around. Meaning AN should be here for a good while yet barring a cataclysmic collapse in the next two games so play offs? Nah, really can''t see it!

Under a Rowett, Pardew or even Hodgson then maybe, not gonna happen under this regime though.

[quote user="ec-p"]Couldn''t do any worse. At least Bassong would be out of the team and Klose back in.[/quote]

I doubt Klose will be here at the end of January 2017

AJ wrote the following post at 27/12/2016 2:49 PM:

Let''s be honest, given current form, relegation is still possible too...

Relegation is more than possible . 2 wins in 10 is a quite remarkable run. I can''t recall us turning up to matches and not expecting to win? Perhaps under Roeder towards the end ? I just can''t believe the board can do anything other than attempt to arrest the slide . But , if it means Irvine , what''s the point? Might get a dead cat for two matches .

Wouldn''t mind a pint with McNally right now....

Bassong would probably still be in our defence because he''s considerably better than Bennett

We are in no man''s land regarding both promotion and relegation ie neither is likely.[url=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0Rs766WIAAR95o.jpg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0Rs766WIAAR95o.jpg[/url].

This team is not good enough for play offs whoever the manager.

Just need to steady the ship until changes are made.