Sign in to follow this  

Nobody plays 4-4-2 anymore

Apart from the team at the top of the Championship table.

And if you don''t believe me, look on the Seagulls offical website.

Why aren''t we being sold, why aren''t they sacking AN and why do they clap a shite performance?

[quote user="morty"]Why aren''t we Brighton?[/quote]Simply because we''ve chucked it all away through poor decision after poor decision.Only 12 months ago we were what Brighton were, and still are, aspiring to be but we have consistantly failed to make the right decisions at the right time.While other Clubs act we dither - transfer windows, board appointments, manager sackings, tactics and even substitutions - we are being left behind and we will probably never catch up.

That''s way off Nutty, only if our owner would sell, new owner injected 80 million cash and our happy fans were prepared to move to a new 30k stadium, then we might be like Brighton!

Sorry but that club is bigger than we are.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Managers don''t matter then Indy.[/quote]

Not one who refuses to see what might be achievable if he changed his tactics.

I find it incredible that a team who chooses to play with two up front has conceded 23 goals less than us.

No, it isn''t incredible, it is making the best use of the players they have.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Managers don''t matter then Indy.[/quote]

I find it incredible that a team who chooses to play with two up front has conceded 23 goals less than us.

No, it isn''t incredible, it is making the best use of the players they have.[/quote]
But we had him first Pops.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Managers don''t matter then Indy.[/quote]

No, it isn''t incredible, it is making the best use of the players they have.[/quote]

[/quote]

Do I detect a hint of pathos there Double N?

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Managers don''t matter then Indy.[/quote]

[/quote]

Do I detect a hint of pathos there Double N?[/quote]
Seems I''m having trouble with some little words now. I thought pathos was the newsreel of our ''59 cup run....
Anyway, it''s just a case of what I said a couple of posts back. It''s a funny ol'' game.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Managers don''t matter then Indy.[/quote]

[/quote]

Do I detect a hint of pathos there Double N?[/quote]

Seems I''m having trouble with some little words now. I thought pathos was the newsreel of our ''59 cup run....
Anyway, it''s just a case of what I said a couple of posts back. It''s a funny ol'' game.
[/quote]

Of course 59 was pathos. We played brilliantly but terrybly!

In light of Brighton''s success we should probably reappraise Hughton''s time in charge. It appears he was only playing that dire, 10 men behind the ball, no attacking movement philosophy as a means of covering for our defence/dm/goalkeeper''s catastrophic errors, something that our subsequent managers have also been struggling with.On the other hand Hughton was the one who brought in the majority of those players in the first place so swings and roundabouts.

[quote user="AJ"]Leicester didn''t play 4-4-fookin-2 last year either[/quote]

I think you are mistaken there. I thought it was acknowledged they did but the jury was out to see if it worked this season.

442 has so many variations though. These old classifications are pretty much irrelevant now. The new "systems" have fluidity. The same system can be 433, 424, 451, 4231....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]442 has so many variations though. These old classifications are pretty much irrelevant now. The new "systems" have fluidity. The same system can be 433, 424, 451, 4231....
[/quote]

But if you start with two out and out strikers, one of them isn''t going to have to come off, particularly after scoring, because he has done the work of two.

Why can''t the bloke just flippin try it!!

My comment was in jest Keelansgrandad. Any side should field a team that plays to their strengths, not necessarily to stop the opposition. That''s the issue with our tactics, it''s so based around being defensive once we conceded we''re fooked! Obviously this year is a little different as we''re supposedly a stronger force, but the tactics didn''t work last year and they aren''t that great this year either...

[quote user="AJ"]My comment was in jest Keelansgrandad. Any side should field a team that plays to their strengths, not necessarily to stop the opposition. That''s the issue with our tactics, it''s so based around being defensive once we conceded we''re fooked! Obviously this year is a little different as we''re supposedly a stronger force, but the tactics didn''t work last year and they aren''t that great this year either...[/quote]

Apologies my friend. pathos not jesting is more my speciality.