Sign in to follow this  
Chopper2007

How many of our players really care ?

Pinto, Oliviera, Murphy, maybe Dorrans and Howson, I would say look like they care, even possibly Naismith, though I''m sure that''s contentious. The others not much, I think Jerome and Wes probably care for the club and fans, though not the manager.

I don''t agree that it looks like they''re not playing for the manager but anyway IMO its irrelevant .

For me the problem is that many of the senior players such as Ruddy, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Bassong are past their peak and not performing to the levels we thought they would. Plus we have a second group such as Naismith, Brady, Bennett who have only ever performed in brief flashes and again just can''t do what we thought they could, week in week out.

Even if AN goes, this won''t change. We need to move as many as possible on, and give the youngsters a chance whether that is with AN or someone else. But at the moment AN doesn''t seem to want to risk it and I certainly don''t see a new manager risking it with our fans on their back.

even if they dont care about playing for us, they should still be playing for their own careers.

Do any of them honestly believe that their current form is going to have a Premier League side knocking on the door in January?

Their best chance currently of playing in that league, is still go get promoted into it with us and apart from anything else I''d imagine they would have taken a significant pay cut upon relegation, so if that''s their motivation they should at least be doing for the £ note.

Even if they look around them and see others downing tools ,they should at least give everything they have individually as it could catch someones eye,

Rememeber in last few weeks before we got relegated under Hughton/Adams, Snodgrass at times seemed the only one who cared and deservedly got himself a quick return to the Premier Lge with Hull....not too many others did

I think most do. Ruddy, Pinto, Bennett, Bassong, Olsson, Brady, Dorrans, Howson, Murphy, CamJam, Oliveira to name a few who I''ve seen either passionately happy or sad at the aftermath of games.

Not so convinced by Mulumbu or Naismith... £££££

One player that is intriguing is Bennett. It is well known he wanted to leave in the last January window and he was very ''in-out'' at best, though AN not unreasonably put the block on this.

As he''s a starter now, what will his thoughts be?

It''s a passion for the fans but a job for the players....

I''d imagine, like many of us, they care enough to get paid until they move on to the next employer.

If you kept going to work but constantly had bad days due to your managers methods, at what point would you stop caring about your work?

[quote user="Clint"]If you kept going to work but constantly had bad days due to your managers methods, at what point would you stop caring about your work?[/quote]

Going through this at work currently, 6 months.

I would guess that most of them don''t care, at least in the way we would like to see it, about the club at all.

We''re their employer. That''s going to be the bottom line for 90% of them. How many of us have ''cared'' for the companies and businesses we''ve worked for, kissed the company logo and gone out of our way to look concerned or even hide away from shareholders if quarterly profits are down or the business is underperforming?

Not too many I''d guess. We go in, do whatever we are expected to do and look forward to going home, holidays and pay day. The business we work for is just a means to an end. Why should footballers be any different?

Players like Hucks and Holt are a rarity. Most don''t give a shit but are very good in making it look like they do. But only because they can afford to pay advisors who tell them how its done.

The ambiance in an organisation comes from the top. When the board appear not to be bothered about our status and have contempt for the fans then you shouldn''t be surprised if the employees follow their lead, consciously or sub-consciously.

[quote user="Clint"]If you kept going to work but constantly had bad days due to your managers methods, at what point would you stop caring about your work?[/quote]

And if you went to work but were unable to perform to the required standard, day after day, week after week, how long before you get a p45 whilst your manager looks for your replacement?

Football is a backwards industry isn''t it?

Bennett''s reaction when he put that header wide at Reading didn''t seem to show that he was all that bothered.