Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Put him out of his misery

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I know the historical order of things Smiffy. So does Rickyyyy. That''s why I asked him if he thinks two strikes is enough or that we''ll go to the third.

The next game is an away game.[/quote]I know the historical order of play too Nutty but everyone seems to think the manager''s run will only come to and end at Carrow Rd. It''s gone too far now and it''ll be a kindness to do the deed before the inevitable execution at the Derby match. Stagger on to Brentford and the result there will make that 5-0 home win look like a dream.Got to go before the New Year.

You wonder how many of the players will truly be gutted when the obvious happens . Honestly believe the improvement in form will be fairly swift even with an interim appointment for the remainder of the season.

Midlands Yellow wrote the following post at 26/12/2016 5:33 PM:

You wonder how many of the players will truly be gutted when the obvious happens . Honestly believe the improvement in form will be fairly swift even with an interim appointment for the remainder of the season.

Very few if any. They really don''t like him or respect him

I''m with you Rickyyy. But we don''t make these decisions. Whatever happens from here on in he will only be one defeat away from the crowd turning.

Leeds game following Brighton telling. Players unwilling to respond.

Tactically inflexible, stubborn refusal to change course, reluctance to address repeated weak defensive positioning on turnover.

Players continue to send board a message. Admirable Board loyalty tends to drift to blind evangelicalicism.

Too much inconsistent structural change in scouting, recruitment and senior non-football management lines of communication.

Change manager and senior football management structure. Adopt clear club-wide philosophy, Move to oversight model with sporting director and high quality analysts.

Parma

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Our buddy Shaun Lawson on Canary Call is also in the historical order of things so thats another bix ticked.[/quote]Who is he, is he a poster on here? That was an excellent and well-delivered rant!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m with you Rickyyy. But we don''t make these decisions. Whatever happens from here on in he will only be one defeat away from the crowd turning.[/quote]Too painful to watch Nutty.Be a miracle if he survives now.

AN has been a dead man walking for weeks. Has to, and will , go. I said that even when people were predicting him to still be here in May. He won''t . This is a run that I haven''t seen the like of for years and years , if ever . I don''t even expect us to win now.

The Villa game gave him a stay of execution otherswise he would have gone after the Huddersfield game . Villa were dreadful as were Brentford . For Christ sake give him his money . And go and get a football manager in his place , with a fresh outlook. My real fear is Irvine . Comes in . Wins a couple and gets the job. That would be utter disaster .

He posts on here occasionally. Shaun makes his points very well. I sat with him at St Andrews Hall in 2009. I see his rants as a barometer because they are exactly the same each time. Shaun would say that''s because we continually make the same mistakes.

For me David McNally summed it all up with his "football is cyclical" comments.

Thanks, Nutty. I agreed with the majority of what he said, very impassioned.

[quote user="nutty nigel"] For me David McNally summed it all up with his "football is cyclical" comments.[/quote]Only age gives that perspective Nutty. Some haven''t experience many downs yet.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]He posts on here occasionally. Shaun makes his points very well. I sat with him at St Andrews Hall in 2009. I see his rants as a barometer because they are exactly the same each time. Shaun would say that''s because we continually make the same mistakes.....[/quote]Agree with Nutty. Shaun is very good and puts his points across very intelligently.His best moment was the weapons-grade falsetto rant on Canary Call a couple of years ago. He did acknowledge that his underpants might have been a tad tight that day.....[:D]

I got myself tickets for the Brentford game...I am now hoping this clueless "manager" is no longer in the dugout. If he is then I feel we need a protest after the game in the stands whatever the result! At the Carra too... I have had enough and so have many of us. The history behind sacking Norwich managers and what happened then is interesting but not relevant now I feel. Sack him and appoint Roxette, Pardew, whoever wants the job tbh...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I got myself tickets for the Brentford game...I am now hoping this clueless "manager" is no longer in the dugout. If he is then I feel we need a protest after the game in the stands whatever the result! At the Carra too... I have had enough and so have many of us. The history behind sacking Norwich managers and what happened then is interesting but not relevant now I feel. Sack him and appoint Roxette, Pardew, whoever wants the job tbh...[/quote]Snap!Seriously tempted to give it a miss if he''s still here and give myself a nice day out in London instead.I don''t want to see in 2017 on a downer.

The fact they have delayed as long as they have and wasted so many games already shows that this board are not fit for purpose when it comes to judgment on footballing matters.

Utter imbeciles.

[quote user="Sooty57"]Shame, because his honesty has been a breath of fresh air. However, something just isn''t right, and a change is needed if we are to stand any chance of making a playoff spot (only 4 points of one at the moment, despite being 12th).

The only problem is... who is out there who could both do the job AND be prepared to come here.[/quote]

Rowett...but only if we act NOW.....leave it any longer and he''ll either a) go somewhere else b) be too far off a playoff place for him to want to come

Leeds in the League Cup was the point of no return for me.

Totally different selection to Brighton but the team showed exactly the same deficiencies and themes- inability to defend set plays, lack of fitness and not being able to manage a game (against 10 men) when leading.

That showed to me the problem was with the coaching staff and the management rather than individual players themselves.

The fact that we''re still here in late December watching the same car crash repeatedly is just sad and embarrassing for everyone connected with this club.

It is the board following their normal pattern, the change is needed and will happen, just eventually. There is no rush now as even plays offs are too remote now, esp as the senior players are on an unexpectedly rapid decline

That there are few credible replacements is a probably dragging it out, leading option rowett plays an awful style of football and has limited experience of our expectations.

Finding the replacement is core, I suspect we may limp through to the spring.

We must hope that the senior players one year extensions are not invoked, that would mean another season like this and hamper development.

[quote user="GJP"]What honesty?

He came across well when we were on the up and increasingly worse on the way down.[/quote]

This is the period I was talking about. I must admit that recently his post-match interviews have become somewhat irksome

Pretty sure it would have been announced by now so as Paddy Davitt said in his article, the circus rolls on to Brentford! I think The board are going to hang him out to dry in front of the home fans, i just hope that when that happens the board take equal share of the abuse that will come Neil''s way

Looking at many of the posts on this subject, the confidence in AN had gone a few games ago. And the board will know that.

What on earth is going to happen if we draw or win at Brentford? Will he be given more time to see if it is a turning point?

It isn''t making sense to me. He could have been dismissed today and there would be a few days for the club, the players and the supporters to breathe a sigh of relief and maybe lift the air of despondency and look forward to the rest of the season.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Looking at many of the posts on this subject, the confidence in AN had gone a few games ago. And the board will know that.

What on earth is going to happen if we draw or win at Brentford? Will he be given more time to see if it is a turning point?

It isn''t making sense to me. He could have been dismissed today and there would be a few days for the club, the players and the supporters to breathe a sigh of relief and maybe lift the air of despondency and look forward to the rest of the season.[/quote]Don''t doubt the Boards determination to hang on to him. This could go on for quite a long time depending entirely upon results. Fix your seatbelts for a supercharged Hughton experience.

Keelansgrandad - if we beat Brentford you can reset any emerging doubt that may have began to surface in Delia and Michael''s minds.

A victory at Griffin Park should see Neil safe until late February.

We''ve all seem this before.

I don''t believe any manager with even a modicum of ambition would come to NCFC having read The Times interview.  The Cook made her feelings very plain and what modern, forward looking manager is going to agree with that attitude?

I can''t bring myself to hope we lose Saturday but I didn''t shriek when the third went in Monday.

Every time the phone rings I keep hoping it is my son to tell me they have dismissed AN.

My emotions should not be tested like this. One minute I''m a philanthropist and the next a misanthropist.