Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Put him out of his misery

I never like to call for the sacking of a manager but continuing to watch him fail like this is cruel and unusual punishment.Time for the needle I''m afraid.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I just asked you on the other thread. Will it take the home fans to turn?[/quote]Nutty - You know as well as I do that the games''s now up for Alex Neil.As Ricardo says he needs to be put out of his misery and it needs to be done now.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I just asked you on the other thread. Will it take the home fans to turn?[/quote]Depends if he makes it as far as the next home game. I would probably take evens the sack if offered.I don''t want to see another Worthy/Burnley next week.

Shame, because his honesty has been a breath of fresh air. However, something just isn''t right, and a change is needed if we are to stand any chance of making a playoff spot (only 4 points of one at the moment, despite being 12th).

The only problem is... who is out there who could both do the job AND be prepared to come here.

I know the historical order of things Smiffy. So does Rickyyyy. That''s why I asked him if he thinks two strikes is enough or that we''ll go to the third.

The next game is an away game.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I know the historical order of things Smiffy. So does Rickyyyy. That''s why I asked him if he thinks two strikes is enough or that we''ll go to the third.

The next game is an away game.[/quote]If they hang on and he gets nothing at Brentford there will be a riot at CR. Surely the Board don''t want to put him through anymore.Sorry Nigel, but I think we have to be cruel to be kind.

I have to admit that for a long time I was a big fan of AN and wanted him to stay. However I feel that now it''s too little too late with 8 defeats in 10 games and he seems to have completely lost the plot. I would say bring Rowett in to replace him

Has to be a change, we virtually beat ourselves against any half decent organised opposition. Just important I don''t what him to be able to waste what resources we have in the transfer window on more players that don''t fit with how he wants to play. Poorest period the last years and half in the transfer market considering the resources i''ve seen, since the Bryan Hamilton era.

Sooty57 wrote the following post at 2016-12-26 9:12 PM:

Shame, because his honesty has been a breath of fresh air. However, something just isn''t right, and a change is needed if we are to stand any chance of making a playoff spot (only 4 points of one at the moment, despite being 12th).

The only problem is... who is out there who could both do the job AND be prepared to come here.

What is honest about taking a good squad, over two seasons, and totally, absolutely totally, destroyed it without putting your hands up to how poor you yourself are! Oliveiras substitution today, tactical or not, was total suicide.

What honesty?

He came across well when we were on the up and increasingly worse on the way down.

I turned after the Derby game, in part because Neil seemed to be getting worse at the job rather than better or even hitting a plateau. And in part because there was at least one viable and available alternative and others who might be willing to move. Since then Rowett has become free.That potential to fill the gap quickly was why I thought Neil''s position was more tenuous that might appear purely from the barometer of home suppport. And in any event the directors, as I believe they should, may now be taking as much notice of the hard-travelling and long-suffering away fans as they do the home supporters. Now is the time, especially if Moxey has been quietly doing what he should have been doing, which is sounding out potential replacements, in and out of work, so he can do what McNally achieved twice - namely to create a problem and promptly solve it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I know the historical order of things Smiffy. So does Rickyyyy. That''s why I asked him if he thinks two strikes is enough or that we''ll go to the third.

The next game is an away game.[/quote]I know the historical order of play too Nutty but everyone seems to think the manager''s run will only come to and end at Carrow Rd. It''s gone too far now and it''ll be a kindness to do the deed before the inevitable execution at the Derby match. Stagger on to Brentford and the result there will make that 5-0 home win look like a dream.Got to go before the New Year.

After today surely know one can defend him !!!

Just check the last 10/12 results and open your Effin eyes

Taking off our inform striker when we need a goal , just stupidity and surely the nail in the coffin for AN

I thought he would go before the end of the year and I think you must be hitting a 9 too now Ricardo .

Shame it''s taking so long as a half decent replacement still had time to galvanise this squad for a top 6 spot.

I am not arguing for him to stay or go. I''m just asking what Rickyy thinks will happen. I wouldnt be surprised to see him in charge for Brentford.

I was an AN fan but he has to go. It''s hard to know who would be a good replacement, but Rowett was doing a good job before getting the sack and he''d be free!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]After today surely know one can defend him !!!

Taking off our inform striker when we need a goal , just stupidity and surely the nail in the coffin for AN[/quote]Agreed, he has been the architect of his own demise with some of those subbing decisions.He''s trying to push string up Grapes Hill, it won''t work because it can''t.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]After today surely know one can defend him !!!

Taking off our inform striker when we need a goal , just stupidity and surely the nail in the coffin for AN[/quote]Agreed, he has been the architect of his own demise with some of those subbing decisions.He''s trying to push string up Grapes Hill, it won''t work because it can''t.[/quote]

Lets not forget the Leeds game, so it''s 11 in 13! Diabolical

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I am not arguing for him to stay or go. I''m just asking what Rickyy thinks will happen. I wouldnt be surprised to see him in charge for Brentford.[/quote]If he makes it past 5pm tomorrow he will probably make Brentford as well but Ive come to the conclusion that he can''t do more than stumble to a mid table position.Thats not enough for the fans Nigel.

Well I turned a year ago and it had astounded me how long the board have persisted with him. The board have got exactly what they deserve a club in total freefall. The fans have been badly let down not for the first time or the last. Impossible to say when he will go it is more repetitive than groundhog day. He could be gone by breakfast but just as likely to still be in post in a months time

I don''t trust our incompetent board to do the right thing, it should have been done weeks ago so he will still be here for Brentford where we will get something