Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

January "Outs and Ins" not a good thing

Moxey says he wants to make us more competitive. In our current position I don''t see how.

It is quite likely one or more of Klose, Brady, Naismith will be moved on. Fine, but are going to get better options in? Incredibly unlikely.

The reality is we were only able to sign those kind of players because of our Premiership status. Being midtable in the Championship doesn''t make us an attractive proposition so those thinking selling Brady and getting a couple of players in is a good move are probably in dreamland.

These players may not be playing well but their individual career history suggest they''re much better than the kind of players we''re likely to attract in January.

If we had a decent scouting system with a record of success I would be hopeful that we could seek out some gems from the lower leagues.

I assume they will swapping high quality players that are unsuited / disinterested for Championship battles with lower quality replacements who are suited / hungry for the fight ahead.

Think Bradley Johnson (not that he''s coming back!).

They are basically confessing that the summer plan to retain this current set of personalities has backfired (rather than due to poor management).

I don''t think it really matter which players we bring in.

Under AN, we have seen a slow, but steady and continuous decline in the ability of players at the club.

On this basis any future starlet we bring in is not likely to develop and even less likely to have an impact on our season (most likely will get one game and we will never see them again).

If AN is still here, any trading in the January transfer window will be a case of throwing good money after bad. This is why I am especially confused about Moxey''s line of giving Neil more time.....at the very time the club cannot afford to.

If January is anything like the summer, we''re in for a treat!

No defensive reinforcements, signing a striker who didn''t play for over 3 months, signing 2 goalkeepers for no obvious reason, recruiting two talented youngsters who barely feature and loan out one of our greatest young prospects to another side whilst keeping hold of a wantaway attacking who''s been here 5 minutes and doesn''t want to be here.

Looking forward to it Jez!

There''s positives amongst all this; we have bought some good young talent that will at some point be played to the best of their ability by someone who''ll be able to harness their talent.

I for one am extremely happy to have Maddison, Thompson, Murphs, Canos, Pinto, Oliveira and Morris on the books. Add some quality in defence and the future of NCFC is starting to take shape. I''m not holding out much hope for this season but I am the next. I think there''s something to be said for that.

I agree with that Morgan we have some good talent at the club, we need to sort our defence out and maybe look for another dm. This area of the pitch is undermining our confidence.

Also if they are intent on keepingAN we really need to bring in some defensive coaches our set piece defending is appalling.

The only player who I would want from our squad in a team of the championship is Pinto.

Wes & Brady get closest as possible squad players.

For every other position there are multiple better candidates so please change away.

The 2017-18 season regeneration promotion starts from this window.

Recruitment of winners and leaders would be a big step in the right direction. We lack both of these valuable ingredients within our current playing squad. Paul Lambert surrounded himself with these qualities within his signings for us.

One bright spot if we don''t go up is that there is potential for a huge clear out of squad players this summer. Whittaker, Turner, Bennett, Bassong, Ruddy, Mulumbu and Lafferty are all out of contract and I''d happily release them all.

we can buy or sell who we want its painfully obvious we wont be going anywhere but south under this management/coaching team