Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Customer Expectations

It seems that the Owners and Directors of our club have not managed the customers expectations very well.

It''s a fairly basic business strategy to adjust expectations of customers by the way things are done and said.

Unfortunately, the manager is woeful at pressers,he just seems to say the wrong thing and put more pressure on himself and the players.

The owners haven''t been saying much, apart from a possibly misquoted interview. Delia barely uttered a word at the AGM.

Moxey gave us Promotion, promotion, promotion and then has been very quiet.

The club has been tweeting allsorts at odd times, like pouring petrol on the flames at times.

Generally very badly managed media from all at NCFC.

This was posted before Moxey''s interview with NCFC TV. They really are an embarrassment, how can they get it so wrong?

They''ve discussed a problem, decided on a course of action, and explained their reasons.

That''s as much as any business will do, your problem is you don''t agree with the decision.

But hey - that''s life when you''re a customer!

quote user="Creative Midfielder"

They''ve discussed a problem, decided on a course of action, and explained their reasons.

That''s as much as any business will do, your problem is you don''t agree with the decision.

So, take your custom elsewhere?

CM said:-

That used to be life, but nowadays the customer is king in most businesses if they want to survive.

Managing customer expectation enables business to keep customer onside even when not fulfilling their dreams 100%

NCFC fall way short

True Badger, but you''re still paying for a product and if you are not happy then you are entitled to question the quality of the goods.

Delia and Hubby are, strictly speaking, not the owners. I believe they own 53%, i.e. they are the majority shareholders. The remainder of the club is owned by others (even I have the equivalent of one chair leg). They have said more than once that they are the custodians of a community club. High time we saw some evidence of this.

A fan could enjoy watching games on a screen or listening on a radio or reading reports after the game.

If that fan makes a purchase in the club shop or a ticket for a game, he becomes a customer, if he purchases membership he will even be allocated a customer number.

He has a choice of what to spend his limited resources on, and the club would do well to manage their customer base in such a way to keep those resources heading in their direction.

AJ/ No 9, you make good points and I agree that a fan could take his custom away whilst remaining a fan. What a fan could not do, however, is take his custom elsewhere.The product and "quality" is a difficult concept - e.g. would Pulis style survival in the Premier be a better product quality than entertaining football in the Championship? If yes, does it suggest that part of what we pay for is "spectacle" of the opposition? Or is the quality of the product simply about winning?

I would suggest it is more about value. Premier League opposition are seen as higher quality and therefore have greater value. I would certainly rather spend my time (and money of course!) watching world class players than watching the Championship. It is about the "show" and we are paying to spectate, it is a form of entertainment after all.

I agree winning or losing is perhaps a slightly different matter but it does tie in. That''s why win or lose I''d rather my team put on a good show and go down fighting. Not really seeing that at the moment...