Sign in to follow this  
whistleblower

Delia Smith may become most hated owner in club history

And what do you think she is doing by handing the club over to nephew tom? As far as leaps of faith go that is a far bigger one than a billionaire who''s intentions we wouldn''t know. What exactly is he bringing to the table in the modern world of money talks football

Why does everyone who is anti billionaires think they will asset strip the club? Really a billionaire will earn more in a days interest than he could asset stripping our club!

Anyhow it''ll never happen so not much point disagreeing on that!

Bagster do you feel the current BOD is delivering a good product? Do you think the owners have put in place the best people to drive this club forward, you gave us your opinion on the manager but what about Balls and Moxey as they''ve been here long enough to have an impact?

[quote user="JF"]I couldn''t care less weather they are tossers on not as long as they progressed the club. None of us know the current owners personally enough to be able to fairly judge their character either.[/quote]

This may have been posted flippantly but it accurately represents a hard and fast truth.

Many people are simply about winning. They couldn''t care less if we were in cataclysmic debt to a sugar daddy or if we welshed on our debts or if we changed the club colours to pink with orange spots. Just so long as we are winning.

Others want us to be as good as we can be without disregarding their moral compass. Little old Norwich.

"Now there''s a few on here who do"

Come on Indy. Spill the beans. Are they certain posters or usual suspects?

I certainly suspect you made that up too...

Duncan Edwards wrote the following post at 27/12/2016 9:56 PM:

JF wrote:
I couldn''t care less weather they are tossers on not as long as they progressed the club. None of us know the current owners personally enough to be able to fairly judge their character either.

This may have been posted flippantly but it accurately represents a hard and fast truth.

Many people are simply about winning. They couldn''t care less if we were in cataclysmic debt to a sugar daddy or if we welshed on our debts or if we changed the club colours to pink with orange spots. Just so long as we are winning.

Others want us to be as good as we can be without disregarding their moral compass. Little old Norwich.

Yes. I doubt the Chelsea and Man City fans would rather go back to the days before their current owners came along. This is the modern game, you either get on board or get left behind cos it''s not going back

Despite professing otherwise none of us knows the future. But on all historical evidence only an ostrich would seriously think it will just carry on the same way.

No one knows the future but if anyone believes that football will ever go back to the days when the local builder owned the club and players got pissed up the night before a game and played for a grand a week then they are deluded. It''s now a global business and that isnt changing

[quote user="nutty nigel"]"Now there''s a few on here who do"

I certainly suspect you made that up too...[/quote]

And you''re making things up to try and get you trolling going again! Where did I say now there''s a few on here who do? You really are a bitter old boy if anyone has a downer on your Saint!

I''ll leave you in you''re little world nuttjob!

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]"Now there''s a few on here who do"

I certainly suspect you made that up too...[/quote]

And you''re making things up to try and get you trolling going again! Where did I say now there''s a few on here who do? You really are a bitter old boy if anyone has a downer on your Saint!

I''ll leave you in you''re little world nuttjob![/quote]
[quote user="Indy"]Now JF there''s a few on here who think they do! In their minds they have been invited to a pie and pint to watch a game of footy round Delias at every home game.[/quote]
That''s twice this evening Indy. You obviously just get into rant mode and have absolutely no idea what you''re posting. All that would help if you could remain civil but you can''t even do that. I''ll give you the benefit just case you''re ill and it''s not your fault. I like to see the best in people....

Yes you trolling again old boy, as I put "in their minds they have been invited!" As normal you & your like will cut a comment to try and get some point scoring over posters you don''t like. You''re an old school numbnuts and I''m done with you old boy! And trying to imply I''m ill is very sad as you really should be careful what you''re aged degenerating brain cells can come up with, we''ll leave it there as it might just get a little more personal next home game, where you might like to have a friendly face to face chat over your opinion and mine?

[quote user="Indy"]Yes you trolling again old boy, as I put "in their minds they have been invited!" As normal you & your like will cut a comment to try and get some point scoring over posters you don''t like. You''re an old school numbnuts and I''m done with you old boy! And trying to imply I''m ill is very sad as you really should be careful what you''re aged degenerating brain cells can come up with, we''ll leave it there as it might just get a little more personal next home game, where you might like to have a friendly face to face chat over your opinion and mine?[/quote]

😂😂😂😂😂

FIGHT!!!!!!!

I''ll hold your handbag Indy!!!

Look guys I understand why people are pissed off, it''s quite normal the problem I have is probably because I don''t come from Norwich,I grew up near Reading yeah yeah plastic I know but really don''t give a shit what people think of that. I have seen first hand what billionaire owners can do to a club ie Portsmouth and Reading so for that reason I am very wary of thinking billionaires are the be all and end all.

I suppose nothing in life is risk free so maybe rolling the dice would work out for us. It''s one of those descisions that is bound to split peoples opinions but at the end of the day we all want what we think is best for the club we love so lets not fall out over it:)

Indy tbh I am not keen on the handover it does worry me... Shit it''s like brexit I just can''t make my mind up:) I just want my team and my country to do well.

[quote user="Indy"]Everything, its little coincidence that our downward spiral has been since the debacle of Bowkett last year and Balls coming in!

We''re back to 2009 in my view, rising debt, piss poor manager being backed to the end until it was too late and fans calling for investment to move forward!

It''s got everything to do with the thread.....read the title?[/quote]
[quote user="Indy"]I''ve not said anything of hatred the thread title did and you''re doing you political shite again, pre Bowkett we were on a very big downward spiral as we are now! Do you just see what you want Nutty, to suite you''re games on here? Bowkett being reelected then do step down two weeks later was questionable, to see best mate Ed come in was poor, and since the lack of drive we''ve gone into a very poor relationship between the club and its fans, to the point of Roederesque no show on the pitch and full board backing till it was too late. See where I''m going with this Nutty?[/quote]
Image result for unbelievable meme

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="JF"]I couldn''t care less weather they are tossers on not as long as they progressed the club. None of us know the current owners personally enough to be able to fairly judge their character either.[/quote]

Others want us to be as good as we can be without disregarding their moral compass. Little old Norwich.[/quote]

And others object to them placing THEIR moral compass (or even blind faith in a failure) ahead of everything at the expense of the club meaning we are certainly not "as good as we could be."

I doubt there are few if any (apart from the extreme happy clappers) who think that Delia wants to continue to own the club for its benefit

It all to do with massaging her ego. She was on the tv once, famous in fact but that is long gone and the only way her name is now mentioned is in connection with our club

Being publicity obsessed she won''t give that up easily

I don''t think Delia will become the most hated owner in the club''s history. She will however be the first owner of the true Internet age and as such will be the most vilified, mocked, ridiculed and unappreciated.

At least, until we get another owner.

I do not think Delia will ever be hated. Probably one of the most successful owners ever and apart from that she is also a fan.

The problem is she has no great wealth to invest (even if she wanted to)

Mid table Championship is probably about our rightful place given the present set up - that of course does not excuse the awful football and the clueless manager.

We are then at a crossroad - either we remain as we are as a smallish rural club with a large local fan base and the rare foray into the higher echelons or we become a billionaires plaything with a new or enlarged stadium and a loss of local identity.

As fans we have very little say in this and Delia has set her stall out for the small local club option. Like it or loathe it our only recourse is to mount a campaign to refocus the club as we would like to see it,starting with a new manager.

We owe Delia better than to demonise her.

[quote user="Felixfan"]I do not think Delia will ever be hated. Probably one of the most successful owners ever and apart from that she is also a fan.

Mid table Championship is probably about our rightful place given the present set up - that of course does not excuse the awful football and the clueless manager.

We are then at a crossroad - either we remain as we are as a smallish rural club with a large local fan base and the rare foray into the higher echelons or we become a billionaires plaything with a new or enlarged stadium and a loss of local identity.

As fans we have very little say in this and Delia has set her stall out for the small local club option. Like it or loathe it our only recourse is to mount a campaign to refocus the club as we would like to see it,starting with a new manager.

We owe Delia better than to demonise her.[/quote]

Yes, every week I hear fans of West Brom, Stoke, Leicester, Watford, Bournemouth, Everton and Southampton etc. bemoaning their ''toy club'' status and whingeing over their tragic ''loss of local identity''. They must look at us immense envy!

Of course you can point to Blackburn, Blackpool and Portsmouth as examples of the terrible consequences of selling out to big money BUT my paragraph above proves that it''s not as black and white as you, and Delia, paint it.

Either

A) Seek out and sell to someone SENSIBLE who CAN invest personal fortunes into the club = a place at the Premier table with all that brings.

B) Suspect everyone with more money than Delia to be a con man and stick with what we have as the world evolves around us = we get left behind and drift.

Sadly, the old world of football has gone - I mourn that as much as anyone - but if you don''t leap on a surf board you are destined to submerge short term and sink in the long.

[quote user="Felixfan"]I do not think Delia will ever be hated. Probably one of the most successful owners ever and apart from that she is also a fan.

We owe Delia better than to demonise her.[/quote]

''Success?'' What success?

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Is there an example of them doing that Jim?[/quote]

They are doing it right now with the manager.

They have also done it with their admission that they do not even talk/listen to potential buyers.

I don''t hate her personally but I hate her and her fellow board members for the fact that unless Neil has been removed I will go to Brentford not really able to fully support my team because I know that a win will consign us to weeks more of torment.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Is there an example of them doing that Jim?[/quote]

They have also done it with their admission that they do not even talk/listen to potential buyers.[/quote]

Assuming that they''re not sacking the manager because..??? It''s Xmas??? Them making a decision that doesn''t match what you would do in the same situation has nothing to do with morality and it''s a leap to suggest it is holding us back.

As for the "we don''t listen" statement, what if they did listen and didn''t sell, like they did with Cullum? Would that still have a bee buzzing round your bonnet? Anyway, the blind assumption that new owners would see us take a massive step forward is in an absolute best case scenario a coin flip. I admire your optimism though. Let''s hope Tom Smith can be the owner you wish for.

Let''s hope Tom Smith can be the owner you wish for.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I bet every other football club in the country will look on with envy! He''s bringing so much in the way of knowledge, wealth and contacts to the table

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Is there an example of them doing that Jim?[/quote]

They have also done it with their admission that they do not even talk/listen to potential buyers.[/quote]

Assuming that they''re not sacking the manager because..??? It''s Xmas??? Them making a decision that doesn''t match what you would do in the same situation has nothing to do with morality and it''s a leap to suggest it is holding us back.

As for the "we don''t listen" statement, what if they did listen and didn''t sell, like they did with Cullum? Would that still have a bee buzzing round your bonnet? Anyway, the blind assumption that new owners would see us take a massive step forward is in an absolute best case scenario a coin flip. I admire your optimism though. Let''s hope Tom Smith can be the owner you wish for.[/quote]

Firstly they didn''t really ever listen properly to Cullum but that''s a side issue. It is patently not in the best interests of the club to not even listen or consider potential buyers. Clearly they should not sell up to the first wideboy who comes along but when the alternative is Tom then their stance is potentially putting their own moral vision ahead of the best interests of the club.

As for your claim that persisting with a manager who has lost 9 in 11 is not holding us back then I think you are ploughing a fairly lonely furrow with that one. I suspect part of the reason is financial because they got overexcited after Wembley and gave an unproven manager a big contract but I also think they are trying to take a moral stance and are probably just a bit too naive.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]I have never even met Delia.Same question, can you or anyone else be specific as to what you think Delia has actually done wrong?[/quote]

I''ll give you a stat Tom....

6 of the last 7 managers haven''t lasted 2 years in the job......

Fan impatience? Bad luck? Or lack of knowledge/competence/support from the top?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Is there an example of them doing that Jim?[/quote]

As for the "we don''t listen" statement, what if they did listen and didn''t sell, like they did with Cullum? Would that still have a bee buzzing round your bonnet? Anyway, the blind assumption that new owners would see us take a massive step forward is in an absolute best case scenario a coin flip. I admire your optimism though. Let''s hope Tom Smith can be the owner you wish for.[/quote]

Firstly they didn''t really ever listen properly to Cullum but that''s a side issue. It is patently not in the best interests of the club to not even listen or consider potential buyers. Clearly they should not sell up to the first wideboy who comes along but when the alternative is Tom then their stance is potentially putting their own moral vision ahead of the best interests of the club.

As for your claim that persisting with a manager who has lost 9 in 11 is not holding us back then I think you are ploughing a fairly lonely furrow with that one. I suspect part of the reason is financial because they got overexcited after Wembley and gave an unproven manager a big contract but I also think they are trying to take a moral stance and are probably just a bit too naive.[/quote]Not true, Jim. There were lengthy talks between Cullum and at least two directors, with financial information being made available to him (not that he couldn''t have got an accurate pictures from the published accounts) and the proposal being given proper scrutiny.

It might be a lonely furrow. To be honest, I''d have sacked him weeks and weeks ago, but, I''ve also been supporting Norwich City for long enough to know that sacking a manager doesn''t necessarily mean taking a step forwards. Anyway, your assumption that it''s a decision based on a moral stance at least fits with your assumption that Delia makes the decision to hire or fire managers.

You obviously know more than me about the Cullum deal. I only know what was widely publicised after he went to the press. I understand why you are opposed to their apparent position following the recent newspaper article, but, it''s still my belief that if some wide boy came along they''d be correct to rebuff his approach. I also believe that if someone had a genuinely ambitious and sustainable plan, then they''d step aside. Tom is sensible succession planning in the event that it doesn''t happen. Putting their shares into trust to prevent Tom selling to the first wide boy that comes along is also, as I''m sure you''ll agree, sensible. They also said that the shares could be sold with the trustees approval, which suggests that they ARE open to alternative ownership.

All very confusing...