Sign in to follow this  
whistleblower

Delia Smith may become most hated owner in club history

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]This thread is riven with ignorant, spiteful Ill-informed nonsense.

Parma[/quote]

Agreed. I''d go so far to say that if some of those views are of genuine Norwich fans, they should just get lost.  However, there are probably binner infiltrators egging on the anti-Delia nonsense.  Don''t they just love it. 

"Have to agree with that Tom. If anything its the club that is getting free advertising out of this link up."Some businesses only get involved with NCFC as they like to be associated with Delia because she has a good public image.

Some businesses only get involved with NCFC as they like to be associated with Delia because she has a good public image.

Which businesses would these be? Historically premier league clubs have really struggled to attract advertising haven''t they!?

[quote user="tom cavendish"]"Have to agree with that Tom. If anything its the club that is getting free advertising out of this link up."Some businesses only get involved with NCFC as they like to be associated with Delia because she has a good public image.[/quote]You don''t have to convince me Tom, most sensible people would see the logic in that.People react differently in different situations and most believe that what they do is for the best. If I owned the club I would have sacked him after the Reading game, but I don''t so on we go. I see no point in getting angry about something you are unable to influence.

So if you criticise Delia you are charged with being an Ipswich fan, which is what Delia was many years ago. Oh the irony.

komakino wrote the following post at 28/12/2016 1:43 PM:

So if you criticise Delia you are charged with being an Ipswich fan, which is what Delia was many years ago. Oh the irony.

👍🏻 That''s exactly it. To many she is untouchable and they are blinded by her Z list celebrity status. I''m not saying she has been a terrible owner, far from it. But this notion that it''s a one way deal and we should be eternally grateful to her is nonsense. This is very much a two way street and she has had plenty out of this deal as well. Thanks Delia but it''s time to move the club on and not to your nephew

I couldn''t hate Delia. I admire lots of things about her and that won''t change. However......I think she appears to be an ostrich regarding Alex Neil.

The CEO must have the principal role in communications. Where is he?!

Forget Promotion, Promotion, Promotion what about Communication, Communication, Communication.

[quote user="komakino"]So if you criticise Delia you are charged with being an Ipswich fan, which is what Delia was many years ago. Oh the irony.[/quote]

👍🙈👏

[quote user="komakino"]So if you criticise Delia you are charged with being an Ipswich fan, which is what Delia was many years ago. Oh the irony.[/quote]

I don''t think you''re a binner but you''re definitely a BS artist regurgitating complete nonsense with no evidence whatsoever.

"What do YOU think she gets out of NCFC?"I have established that Delia certainly isn''t in it to make money nor to gain publicity for herself.  I therefore conclude that Delia is in it for genuine reasons as a fan helping the club she and her husband both love.

What do you want him to say Sonyc. They still believe in him and that''s all that counts, else he would be gone. You shouldn''t need a running commentary.

tom cavendish wrote the following post at 28/12/2016 1:58 PM:

"What do YOU think she gets out of NCFC?"

I have established that Delia certainly isn''t in it to make money nor to gain publicity for herself. I therefore conclude that Delia is in it for genuine reasons as a fan helping the club she and her husband both love.

Agreed. But as a consequence of that she is sitting on shares worth millions that she can choose to do as she wishes with. So in conclusion what does Delia Smith get out of Norwich? Ownership of the club they support and a massive financial investment

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="OldRobert"]OK Cavendish, you asked the question "What does Delia get out of Norwich City FC?"  You''ve had a myriad of answers from various posters, several of whom you''ve disagreed with, but so far you''ve refused to answer your own question.  So I ask again...........What do YOU think she gets out of NCFC?[/quote]The same as you and I would if we had the kind of money to put in that she did, Old Bob. If I had that sort of dough I would certainly have done my bit for the club I''ve supported all my life and got a lot of satisfaction out of it. Nothing very strange about that is there? I expect you would have done the same in a similar position.[/quote]Agree with you Ricardo as far as you go.  However I''d like to think that I would be more forward thinking than what appears to be happening, and more flexible in what is the best direction that the club should be taking.  There are lots of things in life I wish hadn''t changed, but they have, and I have to like it or lump it.  I don''t doubt there are things you wish hadn''t changed too.  How football is now, is one of them for me, and much as she might want to, you cannot cling to the past, as she appears to want to do. I am however mystified why Cavendish won''t answer his own question, he''s very good at banging on with repetitive questions to everyone else with points he doesn''t like, presumably expecting answers, but when the boot is on the other foot............silence.

"I am however mystified why Cavendish won''t answer his own question, he''s

very good at banging on with repetitive questions to everyone else with

points he doesn''t like, presumably expecting answers, but when the boot

is on the other foot............silence."

I have already answered your question.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]"I am however mystified why Cavendish won''t answer his own question, he''s

very good at banging on with repetitive questions to everyone else with

points he doesn''t like, presumably expecting answers, but when the boot

is on the other foot............silence."

I have already answered your question. [/quote]About time..........................shame you didn''t have the courtesy to answer the first time it was asked.

See no evil, Hear no evil , Speak no evil.

A assuming anecdote about Delia when she was doing her ''Learn to Cook'' T.V series back in the 1990''s, which was filmed from her house.

She wouldn''t let any of the production staff use her bathroom, so much to the annoyance of the production crew that had to find ''alternative arrangements''. They were allowed to bring in a portable toilet, but due the the tight constraints it had to be lifted in from a crane and lowered to the ground.

Sometime later it became apparent that Delia''s cat had gone missing. After much searching, it eventually became clear that the cat had never even left the garden. It was under the Portaloo.

This board is littered with stuff you''ve made up about Delia Komakino. So why should anyone believe anything you say. Gobabino would be more appropriate. You reek of it...

Because its true!

Nobody has to believe anybody, but to some, Delia is a critical free zone which is totally bizarre. Like a non musical Elvis Costello.

[quote user="komakino"]Because its true!

Nobody has to believe anybody, but to some, Delia is a critical free zone which is totally bizarre. Like a non musical Elvis Costello.[/quote]
Like that she used to be an Ipswich fan.
Like your other great fabrication that she tried to buy the binners but Sheepshanks sent her packing.
What you post could be true. What I asked is given your illustrious history (pun intended) why should anyone believe you?

I never said she tried to buy Ipswich, though that may or may not the true. You must be getting me mixed up with another poster.

EVERY Norwich fan knows she used to support Ipswich? Are you a mole? See the link below:

http://www.jamieversey.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Delia-ITFC.jpg

Komakino consistently contradicts himself to levels only LDC can match.

Purple''s highlighted the key one in this thread already.

[quote user="komakino"]I never said she tried to buy Ipswich, though that may or may not the true. You must be getting me mixed up with another poster.

EVERY Norwich fan knows she used to support Ipswich? Are you a mole? See the link below:

http://www.jamieversey.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Delia-ITFC.jpg[/quote]
Another poster called komokino I suppose. A good memory would help you no end buddy. Would you like me to find the post an quote it?

One of my favourite Komakino quotes, particularly with the benefit of hindsight, has to be:

"Jewell could do a lot better than us or Leicester, but faced with a straight choice, he isn''t going to come here unless he is completely mad. Who would you rather work for; Mandaric or Delia? Not a tough choice is it? "

She didn''t used to support ipswich. That''s another total fabrication. And when you make statements like "every Norwich fan knows" your mask slips further. Delia Smith has been a norwich fan for far, far longer than she has been a shareholder. And our other majority shareholder, who is equal in stake, has been a supporter for over 60 years. 

"ll give you a stat Tom....

6 of the last 7 managers haven''t lasted 2 years in the job......

Fan impatience? Bad luck? Or lack of knowledge/competence/support from the top?"The average tenure for a football manager is about a year and 3 months. The average in the Championship tends to be less. Therefore managers have tended to last a bit longer at Norwich than the average. That is understandable considering there have been a some promotions.I have been saying for years, I think the main problem at Norwich City has stemmed from the recruitment of players. The board have made money available to spend but a lot of it has been wasted.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]She didn''t used to support ipswich. That''s another total fabrication. And when you make statements like "every Norwich fan knows" your mask slips further. Delia Smith has been a norwich fan for far, far longer than she has been a shareholder. And our other majority shareholder, who is equal in stake, has been a supporter for over 60 years. [/quote]

Are you serious?

I don''t know how old you are, but do you remember the 1978 FA Cup Final???

Back in the day of this once prestigious competition, The BBC/ITV spent the whole day on it. Swap Shop or Tiswas and then a whole day of build up, analysis and then the game. ''Our Delia'' was interviewed closer to the pitch by memory with a her big Ipswich rosette and waxing lyrical about her favourite team. She might of supported Norwich too at the time but obviously chose not to mention it :)

That was of the ironies of the ''Chase Out'' days. All the hard work that was made to get him to stand aside and who did we get as a replacement? - An Ipswich fan! I remember some fans were most bemused as a result, me included.

People do change their allegiance and why should Delia be any different? I had a mate who supported half the old division one at one time or another.

Another thing worth mentioning is her famous ''Let''s be having you'' rant. I was that night, but some fans had gone for a pie and a pint so it wasn''t seen by quite a few. She was obviously well oiled, despite her denials over the years, but that moment was bizarre.

The next day you would bump in people, and they would say'' Bless Old Delia'' or whatever, but she was insulting us! The fans! But some just didn''t get it! She was totally out of order and any respect I had for her died that night.

Again, I remember the Sir Arthur South Days when he got booed on a regular basis (For calling the Barclay ''scum'' after the Jimmy Rimmer incident), but good old Delia gets away with it.

Oh well.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]"ll give you a stat Tom....

6 of the last 7 managers haven''t lasted 2 years in the job......

Fan impatience? Bad luck? Or lack of knowledge/competence/support from the top?"The average tenure for a football manager is about a year and 3 months. The average in the Championship tends to be less. Therefore managers have tended to last a bit longer at Norwich than the average. That is understandable considering there have been a some promotions.I have been saying for years, I think the main problem at Norwich City has stemmed from the recruitment of players. The board have made money available to spend but a lot of it has been wasted.[/quote]but this hasn''t changed.. so who do we blame?

[quote user="komakino"][quote user="nutty nigel"]She didn''t used to support ipswich. That''s another total fabrication. And when you make statements like "every Norwich fan knows" your mask slips further. Delia Smith has been a norwich fan for far, far longer than she has been a shareholder. And our other majority shareholder, who is equal in stake, has been a supporter for over 60 years. [/quote]

Are you serious?

I don''t know how old you are, but do you remember the 1978 FA Cup Final???

Back in the day of this once prestigious competition, The BBC/ITV spent the whole day on it. Swap Shop or Tiswas and then a whole day of build up, analysis and then the game. ''Our Delia'' was interviewed closer to the pitch by memory with a her big Ipswich rosette and waxing lyrical about her favourite team. She might of supported Norwich too at the time but obviously chose not to mention it :)

That was of the ironies of the ''Chase Out'' days. All the hard work that was made to get him to stand aside and who did we get as a replacement? - An Ipswich fan! I remember some fans were most bemused as a result, me included.

People do change their allegiance and why should Delia be any different? I had a mate who supported half the old division one at one time or another.

Another thing worth mentioning is her famous ''Let''s be having you'' rant. I was that night, but some fans had gone for a pie and a pint so it wasn''t seen by quite a few. She was obviously well oiled, despite her denials over the years, but that moment was bizarre.

The next day you would bump in people, and they would say'' Bless Old Delia'' or whatever, but she was insulting us! The fans! But some just didn''t get it! She was totally out of order and any respect I had for her died that night.

Again, I remember the Sir Arthur South Days when he got booed on a regular basis (For calling the Barclay ''scum'' after the Jimmy Rimmer incident), but good old Delia gets away with it.

Oh well.[/quote]
Your mask is slipping further by with each bin prejudiced post you write. That 1978 Cup Final you''re so fond of was a tv stunt. Delia was not at Wembley. She was

working for Multi-coloured Swap Shop and the joke was her rosette and hat were

turned round to reveal the Norwich colours amidst very loud booing as they were

filming in Christchurch Park, Ipswich.
A true story about Delia at Wembley was from the 1974  League Cup final when she found herself sitting in the middle of the Aston Villa supporters conspicuous by her large yellow and green rosette.

[quote user="komakino"]EVERY Norwich fan knows she used to support Ipswich? Are you a mole? See the link below:

http://www.jamieversey.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Delia-ITFC.jpg[/quote]
1:39
Comment From Darren  
Why

don''t you sell the Club and let someone who actually really supports

the Club take over rather than someone from Suffolk who was pictured in

1978 wearing an Ipswich scarf at a cup final at Wembley?

1:42
Delia Smith: 
Hi

Darren, yawn yawn! We''ve said it before but let''s just trot it out one

more time I was NOT at Wembley! I was working for Multi-coloured Swap

Shop and the joke was my rosette and hat were turned round to reveal the

Norwich colours amidst very loud booing as we were filming in

Christchurch Park, Ipswich. Meanwhile I''d like to thank all Canary fans

who live in Norfolk, Suffolk, all around the country and indeed, all

around the world.