Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Moxey speaks to NCFC tv

I''m not religious as such, but I do have faith that things will often come right if you give them a chance to.  With football that is a difficult stance to take as the pressures are often too great from fans/media/ownerss'' expectations etc etc.  My faith in Hughton (which has some credence given what he is doing now) and my faith in Alex Neil are there because I know that fundamentally they are good managers, but were/are struggling under the weight of expectation at Norwich.   I still don''t think there is someone out there who will necessarily do a better job in the short term, so at the moment, I see no point in getting rid of AN....but given the poor results, he has imo two more games to get it right and show there can be a revival.  What I wish is that the fans give him that chance and not undermine him at games - which as I have said on the other thread, only encourages the opposition.   It''s up to the players too of course to show up for the next two games and getting that winning mentality back. I still feel positive about things, I just wish I could get others to feel positive too, despite all the defeats/mistakes and poor defending they have seen.  The world hasn''t ended, the season is long and there is all to play for - even with this manager.

Quite a lot of twitter feedback re the interview ( sorry cant make it clicky)

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/jez_moxey_interview_turning_into_the_worst_own_goal_since_ullathorne_fans_react_to_norwich_city_chief_executive_s_interview_1_4831976

Sour grapes by the pinkun methinks.   The questions asked by the NCFC TV reporter were the right questions and the bland replies were quite predictable, so a fuss - and added hype - for no good reason.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''m not religious as such, but I do have faith that things will often come right if you give them a chance to.  With football that is a difficult stance to take as the pressures are often too great from fans/media/ownerss'' expectations etc etc.  My faith in Hughton (which has some credence given what he is doing now) and my faith in Alex Neil are there because I know that fundamentally they are good managers, but were/are struggling under the weight of expectation at Norwich.   I still don''t think there is someone out there who will necessarily do a better job in the short term, so at the moment, I see no point in getting rid of AN....but given the poor results, he has imo two more games to get it right and show there can be a revival.  What I wish is that the fans give him that chance and not undermine him at games - which as I have said on the other thread, only encourages the opposition.   It''s up to the players too of course to show up for the next two games and getting that winning mentality back. I still feel positive about things, I just wish I could get others to feel positive too, despite all the defeats/mistakes and poor defending they have seen.  The world hasn''t ended, the season is long and there is all to play for - even with this manager.

[/quote]

"I still don''t think there is someone out there who will necessarily do a better job in the short term, so at the moment, I see no point in getting rid of AN.."

..LDC.....these players are not playing for this manager, they have lost faith and are no longer willing to listen / carry out his message.

somebody else is needed if for nothing else purely a new voice on the training field.

There is a good reason to have an independent interview LDC, that''s to see reactions to awkward questions, having a script and filming it doesn''t cut the mustard with most fans.

I can accept that there was a message sent out by the club to its customers, but it''s a very fabricated response, one which reinforced the BOD stance. Which is their right it''s their club to run the way they deem fit.

I suspect had Archant got an interview it too would have been tailored to City answers anyway.

The EDP needs to watch it. What Moxey said was: ''we don''t believe in just following the norm in football by replacing our manager to solve an immediate problem.''

That cannot, as it has been, be turned into a direct-quote headline:

''We don''t believe in dismissing the manager''

Simon Jordan on Jez Moxey backing Alex Neil -"

@ScotMailSport well #ncfc that must be re assuring for you ...the blind leading the blind"

[url]https://mobile.twitter.com/Sjopinion10/status/814464616944336896[/url]