Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Moxey speaks to NCFC tv

This is a bit different to one or two scallywags trying to stir the pot. This is something that many, many people can see what the problem is (yes I know, we are all Managers) and what is required, but it isn''t happening, and whilst time goes by, the Premiership door of opportunity is slowly closing.

ZLF wrote the following post at 29/12/2016 6:22 AM:

I posted yesterday morning any comment was a lose lose outcome. Weak pandering to an instant media self fuelling hysterical mob gets the outcome such a poor choice deserved.

Great trolling interview though, Morty, are you their new pr advisor?

ZLF gets it.

Come Derby, Delia, Moxey, and AN will all ''get it'' and it''s not going to be pretty. I understand we are not always going to be winning or getting promoted but the performances of players, owner, manager etc are rightly going to be scrutinised after such a desperate run, where I can''t think of other clubs that would have let this continue without taking action.

[quote user="Phil Collins"]Good post Duncan.

Not sure a number of our fans understand they are entitled to, and deserve, nothing.

Supporting a team does not entitle you to anything.[/quote]

Spot on PC

ZLF wrote the following post at 29/12/2016 8:50 AM:

Phil Collins wrote:
Good post Duncan.

Not sure a number of our fans understand they are entitled to, and deserve, nothing.

Supporting a team does not entitle you to anything.

Spot on PC

We are all customers.

Well, you asked for a statement from the Board and you got one. It went along the lines that I predicted, they have faith in the man. What else did you expect?

Ricky''s Out-Ometer ticks back a point but that doesn''t mean he is safe. Nobody can buck results, not even the Board.

I hope to Christ that he picks up a few results otherwise we are going to see a level of discontent at CR that has only happened a couple of times before in my memory. It won''t be for the faint hearted.

In the law of football language, this is the dreaded Board Vote of Confidence.

The circumstances, editing, tone, words are irrelevant. The fact that there is an interview at all - with the word ''concerned'' repeated 4 or 5 times - is a statement that Neil is on notice.

The Board quite rightly don''t wish to be seen to push the Manager over the cliff. There is no need when he is right in the edge and unable to retain his own balance.

It is not the time to allow critical journos keen to create a winning front page ahead of social media to frame events.

Any interview means Neil is on (short) notice. Moxey is quite right to choose his words and staying carefully in such circumstances.

The board absolutely need to push him over the cliff and needed to do so weeks ago. There will now be another wasted two or three weeks which could seriously damage any playoff chances.

[quote user="ricardo"]Well, you asked for a statement from the Board and you got one. It went along the lines that I predicted, they have faith in the man. What else did you expect?

Ricky''s Out-Ometer ticks back a point but that doesn''t mean he is safe. Nobody can buck results, not even the Board.

I hope to Christ that he picks up a few results otherwise we are going to see a level of discontent at CR that has only happened a couple of times before in my memory. It won''t be for the faint hearted.[/quote]

Picking up a couple of results is probably the worst thing that can happen in terms of our longer term prospects.

I agree that the problems the club have go deeper than a simplistic brain dead knee jerk choice of just changing the manager.

Is it a surprise any new CEO (even one with a long term negative approval rating worse than Trump as the eminently repulsive Jezza) may take time to assess where the gaps in the clubs structure and strategy may be, and conclude the manager is one of the problems but a long way from the biggest?

I dont think anyone predicted how quickly the senior players would decline into dotage.

We have struggled for 5-6 seasons to get recruitment right; the team spirit smells off as a result; always an issue when a resentful influential underperforming old hand core hold sway to influx of new comers - how quickly was Naismith shut down after his outspoken if accurate comments following his debut?

The above manager footballing strategic board has had several false starts; probably impacted by having three differing managers views in less than 2 years; meaning unstable of scouting / recruitment. It is a big jan window for that team. This is a legacy from the previous now almost beatified McNally - who took huge steps in progressing the club; but who far from finished his work and unsurprisingly got many things wrong.

The manager has huge issues, but the manager is probably not the clubs biggest one - just the most visible one.

That maybe so Jim but we are only interested here in the short term. Four points will see him survive IMO.

As always we await events to unfold.

Fantastic post Duncan ... I agree with the vast majority of that.

I think the two toughest gripes, over Delia and MWJ, are:

A) Not even listening to potentially earnest and wealthy investors. She may have intimated since that that was taken out of context by the press but Henry Winter has since confirmed this ... and he''s highly credible.

B) keeping hold of managers long past their sell by date (Worthy, Hughton, Neil ... look what happened when we once did the opposite with Gunny and when Adams forced their hands by resigning).

Both of these things leave the impression that we are behind the times ... indeed, Moxey stated yesterday that they didn''t wish to follow ''the norm'' in sacking managers swiftly.

If we were a bog standard, middling, Champs side with no genuine expectation to get up (which I don''t believe we should be - yet) I could understand this more.

BUT, with the financial model that we have, and with more and more rivals selling out to foreign investors with deeper pockets, it feels imperative to get promoted THIS season and build from there ... and we''re certainly not on track for that now.

Still, I think that a lot of the ill feeling comes from a refusal to accept a looming Championship era with the taste of the Premiership still in peoples'' mouths.

Like Fulham, QPR, Derby, Wednesday, Forest, Leeds, Bolton, Sheffutd, Ipswich, etc etc ... it hurts to get relegated but it truly irks when it dawns upon you that you probably won''t get back any time soon.

And, for a club with our outlook in the 21st century, this seems to be most likely.

[quote user="ZLF"]I agree that the problems the club have go deeper than a simplistic brain dead knee jerk choice of just changing the manager.

Is it a surprise any new CEO (even one with a long term negative approval rating worse than Trump as the eminently repulsive Jezza) may take time to assess where the gaps in the clubs structure and strategy may be, and conclude the manager is one of the problems but a long way from the biggest?

I dont think anyone predicted how quickly the senior players would decline into dotage.

We have struggled for 5-6 seasons to get recruitment right; the team spirit smells off as a result; always an issue when a resentful influential underperforming old hand core hold sway to influx of new comers - how quickly was Naismith shut down after his outspoken if accurate comments following his debut?

The above manager footballing strategic board has had several false starts; probably impacted by having three differing managers views in less than 2 years; meaning unstable of scouting / recruitment. It is a big jan window for that team. This is a legacy from the previous now almost beatified McNally - who took huge steps in progressing the club; but who far from finished his work and unsurprisingly got many things wrong.

The manager has huge issues, but the manager is probably not the clubs biggest one - just the most visible one.[/quote]

[Y]

To be fair, the interview was by the club, using the club facilities and was with a club employee talking about other club employees.

I can''t really see what the hysteria is all about. Even the fawning over the supporters was irrelevant as the in/out support seems to waiver with each game.

Loved the reply from MWJ when asked about selling the club his reply NO WAY especially to Indians

[quote user="ricardo"]That maybe so Jim but we are only interested here in the short term. Four points will see him survive IMO.

As always we await events to unfold.[/quote]

I know a Ricardo which is why many fans do not want us to win. Events should already have been enough to see a change but it''s clear it''s going to take a truly unpleasant, horrific day at Carrie Road to force the issue. If that''s the case then so be it.

[quote user="ricardo"]

I hope to Christ that he picks up a few results otherwise we are going to see a level of discontent at CR that has only happened a couple of times before in my memory. It won''t be for the faint hearted.[/quote]Only a handful of us on here have ricardo. Social media is no substitute for first hand experience.

...I don''t see anything like the "Chase Out" campaign imminent, being charged at by police horses outside the City stand ..or being chased around the River End car park by police dogs.

But whilst this impasse continues ,I can certainly see a sustained campaign along the lines of the "Worthington Out" campaign that saw us standing outside the City stand after games for what seemed like weeks on end until it finally happened.

Like then, I find myself in a position of wanting us to lose to force action, I remember a game under Worthington vs Stoke (I think) when Johansson got a last minute winner that bought him more time, when I actually put my head in my hands instead of celebrating.....I''m at that stage now, I just can''t contemplate a win at Brentford.

"If" we can get this situation to Derby on Monday, I''m fairly confident everyone will let Moxey and Neil know exactly what they''re thinking.

TIL, yes you get some sense of what Christians V Lions must have been like. You want to turn away but you cant.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="ricardo"]That maybe so Jim but we are only interested here in the short term. Four points will see him survive IMO.

As always we await events to unfold.[/quote]

I know a Ricardo which is why many fans do not want us to win. Events should already have been enough to see a change but it''s clear it''s going to take a truly unpleasant, horrific day at Carrie Road to force the issue. If that''s the case then so be it.[/quote]

You see, this is the kind of post that riles me.  "Fans do not want us to win".  Eh?  Really?    Not wanting the team to win is just the most ridiculous thing I''ve heard.   If you - or "many", think that, then you are no fan.  If AN is able to win and turn it round, get us up the table over the second half of the season, get us in the play offs and win again at Wembley, then you will look very silly.  Not going to happen?  Well you don''t know that any more than me - but he could - and if it is the judgment of his employers that he can - then it is in everyone''s interest that we win as many matches as possible.  Even if he was to leave in three or four matches and get someone else in, we would still need every point possible.  Quite the most ridiculous attitude I''ve ever heard.   Same kind of stuff went on with Hughton - no wonder the players struggled, knowing the fans wanted him gone all the time.   The fanbase may be good and big at Norwich - when on song it is a great place to be - but since Lambert, there is a sense that we are failing unless we are mid-table premier league and playing free attacking football.  IT AIN''T GOING TO HAPPEN.  Sticking with managers is out of fashion - it''s about time that trend was bucked and a few clubs started showing a bit more gumption to stick it out - ride the ups and downs - and develop over a number of years.  We are on a roller coaster - when the roller coaster is at it''s most unpleasant you don''t get off it - you stay on it and ride it through.    I don''t necessarily think AN will last and he may well have to go sooner or later - but whatever - some fans need to sort themselves out if they go around wishing us not to win matches. And I don''t need to attend ANY matches for this opinion to be valid.