Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

An apology and a message to all fans.

Hey Everybody,

I hope you’re all having as good a festive period as me - it’s been fantastic. Thanks for all the messages wishing me well.

First off ill start with the apology - which is that I’m sorry for not posting much content on the forum in the last week or so, I’m sure you can empathise and relate to the fact it’s been a busy period.

The message is, ‘be thankful for what you’ve got’; which is in keeping with this time of year, a period of reflection. I feel it’s ingrained into us in Western society that we always need/want more, bigger, better. Yes, I’d like a self-driving Tesla - but I have a perfectly good Nissan Qashqai. Yes, I’d like a 7 Bedroom detached house in Cringleford - but to be honest I’m perfectly happy with my 3 bedroom semi in Dussindale. Yes, I’d like to be the head scout at Real Madrid - but taking a step back and thinking about it, I’m actually very satisfied with my scouting role at a well-established FL72 side (I can’t name the club I work for due to contractual obligations.)

The point I’m making is that we have an excellent team of staff at the club, underpinned by one of the most class acts in the game - Jez Moxey; along with owners who really care. Do you think they like being 12th? I can assure you they don’t. They are working tirelessly to turn this situation around, so put-up, or shut-up and just be thankful.

Just be thankful.

Best,

TG

Probably one of the best posts I''ve read on here in a while. Thanks for the dusting of optimism TG, muchly needed at present!

I may not be a ''true football man'', but I do have a brain in my head and a pair of eyes.

I have seen nothing to date to suggest that Moxey is a class act (the recent pre-rehearsed, pre-scripted ''interview'' the day after he refused an interview with the EDP demonstrates this in spades).

While I don''t doubt that the owners are trying to do the right thing, there is also little evidence to suggest that they actually know what they are doing - may be they are not ''true football people'' either.

Finally, all professional sport is a results based business - it''s all about trying to improve, trying to exceed expectations, trying to make the whole better than the parts, trying to upset the odds. Merely settling for mediocracy is utterly pointless and not why any kind of professional sport exists. No true fan should ever accept that the status quo is good enough (especially without Rick Parfitt!!), and should always be wanting their chosen team to push on to the next level....even f it means falling off at a later point.

NCFC is a professional sporting organisation, not a community club - it needs to be run as such.

It takes a lot for this grown man to cry probably seeing tiny Tim die in Christmas future is about the only thing that gets me close. But this message of good will and optimism from someone who is probably under immense pressure himself to unearth players just before the window had me sniffling. Thank you true grit and god bless us one and all 😊

If Moxey was a class act, don''t you think he''d have a better rapport with the fans, a better track record, and better skills in talking to a tv camera, but the "ed" balls to talk to a proper journalist!

Lets hope they back the manager with a sensible pot of gold come Jan to strengthen in the right places, and get us back on track again. Tbf they''ve forked out on players, it''s just AN doesn''t seem to know how to put a puzzle together, what players he wants, and then how to find a balanced side plus play his best players!

Suddenly the world seems a better place. Moxey is a genius, and AN is the Messiah in disguise (albeit a bloody good disguise). Who cares if we are mid-table? Carry on Alex, all is well. Things could be so much worse...we could have lost all of the last ten games. The OP seems to like irony so thought I would add some in return.

I think the point is that we were all living in a 7 seven bed house, but got evicted from it through poor management! The way we are being led it will soon be a doorway along Gentelemens Walk! You say we that we have an excellent staff and Moxey is a class act but where is the evidence of that, it''s just pointless words again. We need proactive management, if they had sacked Neil this time last year we would have still been in the Premier, it is crystal clear to just about everybody that he should have gone weeks ago and we are simply wasting points and the chance of promotion. It will be impossible to recruit anybody of any class in the window and even if we do, we have seen that Neil simply can''t integrate them into the team.

You''re welcome to Dussingdale I prefer Cringleford!

[quote user="Alfie54"]I think the point is that we were all living in a 7 seven bed house, but got evicted from it through poor management! The way we are being led it will soon be a doorway along Gentelemens Walk! You say we that we have an excellent staff and Moxey is a class act but where is the evidence of that, it''s just pointless words again. We need proactive management, if they had sacked Neil this time last year we would have still been in the Premier, it is crystal clear to just about everybody that he should have gone weeks ago and we are simply wasting points and the chance of promotion. It will be impossible to recruit anybody of any class in the window and even if we do, we have seen that Neil simply can''t integrate them into the team.

You''re welcome to Dussingdale I prefer Cringleford![/quote]

Absolutely Alfie - I''ve said it before. This ''consolidation'' that gets talked about is just another way of saying we are rolling over and accepting defeat.

We should be opening shooting for a mansion on Newmarket Road with a Roller in the multi-car garage, not a semi with a vinyl-wrapped Nissan parked on the street. It''s only by shooting for the stars, you get to the moon.

"You are right Mr Apples. But I find it difficult to tell the difference because I''m a wolf."

Fair play Wolf, I have similar problems when people start comparing everything to apples.

Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]What''s wrong with a Nissan?

Apples[/quote]

Absolutely nothing.

Just be thankful...

Just be thankful.

TG

TG aside from reasonably priced vehicular transport, would you say you''re an advocate of ''green travel'' such as walking or cycling to and from games/work etc? I find the bicycle facilities at Carrow Road lacking beyond compare to that of even lowly Dereham Town who have ample space out front of the Aldiss lounge.

[quote user="Morgan"]TG aside from reasonably priced vehicular transport, would you say you''re an advocate of ''green travel'' such as walking or cycling to and from games/work etc? I find the bicycle facilities at Carrow Road lacking beyond compare to that of even lowly Dereham Town who have ample space out front of the Aldiss lounge.[/quote]

Yes, when possible. Car drivers shouldn''t be vilified though. My job would be impossible without a reliable vehicle, which is why i opted for the Qashqai.

I think George Michael (R.I.P.) summed it up best through his classic 1990 track, Praying for Time.

And it''s hard to love, there''s so much to hate

Hanging on to hope

When there is no hope to speak of

And the wounded skies above say it''s much too late

Well maybe we should all be praying for time

Stay safe out there everyone.

Apples

Thanks for the words TG, certainly calmed my fears after a tumultuous few days.

How are you finding the new Postwick hub on your journeys from Dustbindale?

Hope you had a positive festive period with lots of scouting, bet you got through a few packs of wet wipes!

Actions speak louder than words. Mosey''s done jack sh*t so far and our poor run has co-incided with his arrival.

He needs to prove he''s a class act. One of Mcnally''s firsta cts was to sack Gunn and headhunt Lambert.

What''s Moxey done so far?

[quote user="soixante"]I had a semi in Dussindale once.....then I saw her husbands car pull onto the driveway.....it went very quickly....![/quote]If my memory is not playing tricks i think you have had a few semis over the years Mr Neuf ? [;)]