Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

....the next manager we get from a Scottish Club will be....

..Mark Warburton.

I know it sounds a bit much but we''ve sounded him out already. I''ve heard from a reliable source, a journalist and then a broadcaster who sounded confident at about 0030 on Talksport then immediately regretted it when the presenter sounded shocked that he''d let it out. A hat - trick of sources in just over two days, all unconnected.

I''m very very confident. Especially when hearing the other journo on the radio, he said the fact that we were debt free, the owners wanted to maintain British ownership and they wanted a dynastic set up going forward (to be fair thats what they wanted with AN). Warburton turned down an England approach last week (the old Stuart Pearce role)

God I hope this is true, Warburton has been my No1 choice since it became apparent the writing is on the wall for Neil. Would be genuinely shocked if we pull this off!

[quote user="Scottlarock"]I''m very very confident. Especially when hearing the other journo on the radio, he said the fact that we were debt free, the owners wanted to maintain British ownership and they wanted a dynastic set up going forward (to be fair thats what they wanted with AN). Warburton turned down an England approach last week (the old Stuart Pearce role)[/quote]With ''were'' being the operative word there... [;)]Warburton would be an outstanding appointment. Would certainly take a lot of pressure off the board if they could pull that off.

Warburton would be a fantastic appointment. And a great fit for NCFC. Low ego, someone with values, a little bit of Ron Saunders about him. Terribly treated by an over ambitious Brentford. He has experience. Like Lessingham I think also it would make my new year. This year we cannot do it but next year I think his appointment could restore my confidence in NCFC.

Does this really sound like an appointment our board would make!? With Moxley''s and the smiths track record of appointments I''m going for Jackett

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Apologies if I''ve got this wrong but didn''t you tease everyone with a previous (transfer?) rumour a while back? Is this another wind up?![/quote]

...no apologies required. I have broken a few stories on here over the years...deals do fail at the last minute and plans can change in football very quickly though so you can get egg on your face. I''m not a wind up. You will hear this from other sources over the next few days as the press begin to waken up after Christmas.

Have a look at my last thread. that''s going to be firmed up very soon too :-(

would Rangers be in champions league if they finish second ?

if so no chance he would come here

as Rangers would then have money to beat Celtic to title

Also if he did well in Europe maybe a PL club would snap him up

if we could get him here i would do it today but unlikely

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Apologies if I''ve got this wrong but didn''t you tease everyone with a previous (transfer?) rumour a while back? Is this another wind up?![/quote]

...no apologies required. I have broken a few stories on here over the years...deals do fail at the last minute and plans can change in football very quickly though so you can get egg on your face. I''m not a wind up. You will hear this from other sources over the next few days as the press begin to waken up after Christmas.

Have a look at my last thread. that''s going to be firmed up very soon too :-([/quote]
Can you link your last thread please Scott?

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Apologies if I''ve got this wrong but didn''t you tease everyone with a previous (transfer?) rumour a while back? Is this another wind up?![/quote]

Have a look at my last thread. that''s going to be firmed up very soon too :-([/quote]
[/quote]There''s this one:http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1/3040471/ShowPost.aspx#3040471And then there''s this one:http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3281523/ShowPost.aspxI call bullsh*t.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]According to the Daily Record Warburton signed a new deal in the summer which made his take home pay £600K, How much does AN get?

[/quote]
£600k in the hand must equate to around £20k a week. I suppose it''s feasible AN is on that kind of wage.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Apologies if I''ve got this wrong but didn''t you tease everyone with a previous (transfer?) rumour a while back? Is this another wind up?![/quote]

[/quote]There''s this one:http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1/3040471/ShowPost.aspx#3040471And then there''s this one:http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3281523/ShowPost.aspxI call bullsh*t.[/quote]
Hmmm, you may well be right FTW.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Apologies if I''ve got this wrong but didn''t you tease everyone with a previous (transfer?) rumour a while back? Is this another wind up?![/quote]

[/quote]There''s this one:http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1/3040471/ShowPost.aspx#3040471And then there''s this one:http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3281523/ShowPost.aspxI call bullsh*t.[/quote]

You are welcome to think whatever you like. As I said, particularly with transfers, things can change quickly....nobody gets it right all the time, even the people involved in the transfer, it''s well known now we made a big offer on Austin.

My sources for this one are completely different and none of them are in Norfolk. tbh I''m more surprised there weren''t any other posters listening to Talksport last night.

As for the last thread I posted, you need to read between the lines....for obvious reasons.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]You are welcome to think whatever you like. As I said, particularly with transfers, things can change quickly....nobody gets it right all the time, even the people involved in the transfer, it''s well known now we made a big offer on Austin.

My sources for this one are completely different and none of them are in Norfolk. tbh I''m more surprised there weren''t any other posters listening to Talksport last night.

As for the last thread I posted, you need to read between the lines....for obvious reasons.[/quote]Thanks for the rational response - given the two threads I linked to, I''m sure you can see why I might be suspicious. Why are you so confident that this will happen? The three ''sources'' you quote could have all acted upon one unsubstantiated rumour. As for the last thread you posted, am I missing something? The Charlie Austin one is the last one I can see that you started prior to this one.Bottom line, I''d love you to be right, but I''m still not convinced. If this happens it will be a massive coup.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Scottlarock"]You are welcome to think whatever you like. As I said, particularly with transfers, things can change quickly....nobody gets it right all the time, even the people involved in the transfer, it''s well known now we made a big offer on Austin.

As for the last thread I posted, you need to read between the lines....for obvious reasons.[/quote]Thanks for the rational response - given the two threads I linked to, I''m sure you can see why I might be suspicious. Why are you so confident that this will happen? The three ''sources'' you quote could have all acted upon one unsubstantiated rumour. As for the last thread you posted, am I missing something? The Charlie Austin one is the last one I can see that you started prior to this one.Bottom line, I''d love you to be right, but I''m still not convinced. If this happens it will be a massive coup.[/quote]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Scottlarock"]You are welcome to think whatever you like. As I said, particularly with transfers, things can change quickly....nobody gets it right all the time, even the people involved in the transfer, it''s well known now we made a big offer on Austin.

As for the last thread I posted, you need to read between the lines....for obvious reasons.[/quote]Thanks for the rational response - given the two threads I linked to, I''m sure you can see why I might be suspicious. Why are you so confident that this will happen? The three ''sources'' you quote could have all acted upon one unsubstantiated rumour. As for the last thread you posted, am I missing something? The Charlie Austin one is the last one I can see that you started prior to this one.Bottom line, I''d love you to be right, but I''m still not convinced. If this happens it will be a massive coup.[/quote]

One of them definitely hasn''t...I have no clue how the other two got it but it''d be very unlikely/impossible that they have crossed over.

You have missed something.....the CEO thread.

FTW pretty much echoes my thoughts, regarding your last 2 posts as well, can you elucidate a little Scott?

[quote user="Scottlarock"]You have missed something.....the CEO thread.[/quote]Enlighten me? Can''t see it.