Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

All this negitivity towards Delia must stop

Just be thankful of what?

We all know she cares. We all know she has invested in the club, but equally, we all know she has made some absolutely bizarre decisions and continues to do so.

As I have stated earlier, the intent of any professional sports institution it to better itself and to exceed expectations.

Setting ourselves up for mediocracy is simply signalling defeat and rolling over. This attitude has no place in the professional football arena.

TG you are going to need a bigger keep net mate

However big the one you''ve got is, it''s not big enough

Yep indeed, all the negativity should stop. Its Delia''s toy, and if she wants to run it into the ground then who are we to criticise her decision/s.

[quote user="True Grit"]Just be thankful we have someone who cares

Just be thankful.

TG[/quote]
Can we have a shrine built TG? Then we will have a place to focus our gratitude.

When we finished 3rd in the prem all those years ago we had an average attendance of 16k. Delia has turned the ground into a world class facility, with an average attendance of over 26k.

Do the math...

And then just be thankful.

Just be thankful.

TG

Though you may not drive a great big cadillac

Gangster whitewalls tv antenna in the back

You may not have a car at all

But just remember brothers and sisters

You can still stand tall

Just be thankful for what you''ve got

Diamonds in the back, sunroof top, diggin the scene

With the gangster lean

For what you''ve got

You can still stand tall

Diamonds in the back, sunroof top, diggin'' the scene

With the gangster lean ooh ooh ooh

Gangster whitewalls tv antenna in the back

You can still stand tall

Diamonds in the back, sunroof top, diggin the scene

With the Gangster lean

I''m leaning to this frame of mind as well. Be careful what you wish for and so on. I mean, look at it logically, most of us wanted Chase out and look what we ended up with! Get these out and we will get bought out by Mary Berry!

[quote user="Syteanric"]Tg

3rd in the top flight....

Perhaps you can tell me where Delia''s legacy has taken us?[/quote]

So you would prefer Robert Chase? We could quite easily have turned into a Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday or dare I say it Ipswich and have been stuck in 2nd tier football for forever and a day.

Just be thankful...

Just be thankful.

Delia almost single handed has turned this club into a small time joke , give it another year and people will be wishing we had Marcus Evans as an owner . Her pathetic decisions took us down to league 1 and then she re appointed Gunn as manager , we will be back there again very soon .

In your fawning over Delia, Jez and AN, you have completely forgotten to add the context of what has happened to the game of football around the world in the intervening 23 or so years.

The reality of it is that City have largely stood still in that era relative to the massive increases in crowd numbers across Europe.

You keep on telling us that Moxey is a class act and AN has a great philosophy, ignoring the actual evidence to the contrary. You challenged people earlier to put up or shut up. What about you then. Put up some evidence or shut up with the repeated sycophantic fawning.

[quote user="JF"]Time to go Delia gets it.[/quote]

Indeed. The majority of the good times we have had since Delia has owned the club was when we had a strong CEO, actually stopping her from doing anything "single handedly".

Don''t get me wrong, I appreciate what she did financially, in the early days, but her business management and decision making skills are truly hopeless and, when she is allowed to use them, single handedly takes us backwards.

[quote user="True Grit"]Just be thankful we have someone who cares

Just be thankful.

TG[/quote]

Agent of Ipswich Town, no question.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]The appalling and atrocious incorrect spellun ov ''negativity''.......must stop![/quote]

The Samsung galaxy tablet I use to compose the content for the forum has a habit of going off key with spellings. I would like a Bentley with a built in iPad, but I''ll stick with the Qashqai and Samsung - for which I am thankful.

Seemingly some of you don''t know your bread is buttered - just be thankful.

We could be a lot worse off, I assure you. Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday (and utd for that matter), Charlton, Bolton, Forest, Ipswich; big clubs who have had it a lot worse than us over the last decade. You know what makes clubs thrive? Stability. We are a stable and well run club, who are having a dip in form - you think Churchill was considering giving up after Normandy? Jacking it all in and surrendering to the Germans? This is a period where we must unite, rally and turn Carrow Road back in the the golden yellow fortress it is.

I''m 100% behind Jez Moxey, Delia and the board.

Buh, there''s a difference between quality trolling and being an absolute @r$e, and True Grit clearly doesn''t know the difference.

1/10.

He''s about as funny as getting your todger caught in your flies

[quote user="JF"]You lost me when you called Ipswich a big club....[/quote]

I''m not one for sentiment, im a realist. They''ve won the league, FA cup and a EUROPEAN title. Do I like ipswich? No. Are they a big club in English football? Well they were for sure - they aren''t now becuase of a cowboy owner.

My point is we could quite easily end up like them - if we don''t have decent owners, who have the club''s best interests at heart.

[quote user="True Grit"][quote user="JF"]You lost me when you called Ipswich a big club....[/quote]

I''m not one for sentiment, im a realist. They''ve won the league, FA cup and a EUROPEAN title. Do I like ipswich? No. Are they a big club in English football? Well they were for sure - they aren''t now becuase of a cowboy owner.

My point is we could quite easily end up like them - if we don''t have decent owners, who have the club''s best interests at heart.[/quote]
TG, you''re Jez Moxey aren''t you? Or his Mum at the very least.....