Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Questioning Ashton...

...is the latest piece of absolute nonsense to appear on this board. I can''t believe it, i really can''t!

He was one of the first if not the first player to score in the new Championship season. Shortly after he got a knock on his knee and he''d be the first to admit he hasn''t been playing at 100%. He''s also now had a horrendous crash of heads that had put a small dent IN HIS HEAD!

Yet he''s so desperate to get out there and score goals he has insisted on continuing to play. Because of that he has continued to turn in below par performances and I think the physio and manager should have put there respective feet down and told him to rest up after  the reading game but that''s another argument.

But for people to then come on here and say he''s over-rated after an extremely awkward start to the season, when he as still managed to score, is absurd, narrow minded, ill-informed and ignorant. At best.

Have people not heard or read what other players and managers and pundits say about him? Because people like "shyster" know a lot more than them don''t they.

What about Andy Hughes:

"Dean Ashton is a top player and we are very lucky to have him at this club."
"I think that will be the only penalty he ever misses. I train with him every day and I know what a good player he is."

"Any team that sees Dean Ashton''s name on the teamsheet knows what they are going to be up against and maybe they''re a little bit scared of him because he is a top-class player."

Or Gary the Doc:

β€œI think when you are known as one of the best players at the club there is always going to be a bit of pressure on your shoulders, especially when the team is not scoring, but he is a fantastic player.”  β€œHe is still only young - we all forget that he''s only 21. He is a top player and there is more to come from him.”

Get over yourselves and give Deano a break.

[quote]...is the latest piece of absolute nonsense to appear on this board. I can''t believe it, i really can''t! He was one of the first if not the first player to score in the new Championship season. Short...[/quote]

I second this motion. Form is temporary but class is permanent. He is missing some good chances at the moment BUT he is getting into those great positions in the first place.

I wouldnt swap Ashton for any other player in this division.

We are not the only team that wanted Deano and, come January, we''ll be under pressure to part with him because of his ability. He is a class act and, as the saying goes, "Form is temporary, class is permanent." He will get back to full fitness and confidence and will start banging in more goals.Β 

All strikers go through a lean streak a1, when they do there will always be some who will question the players ability, but invariably when the goals flow again all will be happiness once more.

I am confident Deano will produce the goods for many seasons to come, he will also go through many more of these poor times as well, that''s the nature of the game.

What are you talking about. I questioned Ashton the other day and he couldn''t give me an answer to why we are all here on this earth - absolute rubbish....I don''t know why we bother

I agree with every thing you say a1. every good team suffers a dip in form for no apparent reason then it puts more pressure on them to go out and win the next game if they lose that then the fans are on there backs.

we all pay our money to watch the team so we have our varied opinions and mine has been there is no need to panic we will be in that top three at christmas.

I think there two groups of people who follow city

Fans= only want the good bits and bragging rights and start moaning as soon has a mistake is made (i know this i sit with some)

Supporters= prepared to look at the situation long term and take the rough with the smooth

I think the club has come along way since the days of hamilton and will go a lot further yet

whatever league we are in wether it premiership or the conference i will be there cheering the boys on

Ps i remember when we signed ashton worthy said he was not the messiah he puts pressure on himself so he does not need anymore from outside sources (wanted to use another word )

[quote]What are you talking about. I questioned Ashton the other day and he couldn''t give me an answer to why we are all here on this earth - absolute rubbish....I don''t know why we bother[/quote]

LOL ncfc4prem Maybe you should''ve dug out Eric Cantona''s phone number, that''s more his league of question!Off thread comment - Duncan Forbes didn''t know why the rest of us were here, but he once said of himself "...I may not be able to play football, but I can stop anybody else who can!" What a legend!

[quote]...is the latest piece of absolute nonsense to appear on this board. I can''t believe it, i really can''t! He was one of the first if not the first player to score in the new Championship season. Short...[/quote]

Are rose-tinted specs included with season tickets now or are they given out free at the turnstiles? ''Cause I clearly haven''t been offered a pair

Quarter of the season gone & we''re still waiting for Ashton to find form -- Come January & he''s still not cuttin'' the mustard, do weΒ keep him here & watch his value decrease or take the money (if there''s any offers) andΒ afford the services of Davenport?

As witnessed yesterday, we can score goals without him, which lends evidence to the fact that it''sΒ possibleΒ he''s actually a hinderence toΒ the team at this time -- If Ashton were any other forward/player whoΒ wasn''t so highly reputed he''d have been on the bench the last few weeks < FACT.Β 

I''m not a Worthers basher as a rule, but his decision to field Ashton for the most part of this season so far, and especially his decision to keep Ashton on in the Hull match, is a sure sign of desperation & weakness - It''s alsoΒ embarrassing for a club of our stature

So you go ahead & commend Ashton''s tenacity in wanting to play through injury, a1canary I''ll stickΒ with myΒ so called ill-informedΒ dispositionΒ &Β label it bloody stupidity.

Because I know I''m right

Β 

Β 

" If Ashton were any other forward/player who wasn''t so highly reputed he''d have been on the bench the last few weeks < FACT. "

No shystirrer that''s opinion.

Given the amount of anti City stuff you post on here I would say you are a binner.
That''s also opnion,

Though others might see it as fact.

poor old dean, whatever he does it ain''t right

we have so far only seen glimpses of what he is capable of, most of this not being directly under his control

he has suffered not having a regular striking partner - so therefore is unable to build up an understanding with them, he has also sustained niggling injuries and then his knock on the head

i am not surprised he is not firing on all cylinders at present, and yes, we did alright against brighton without him, but the league is, sadly, not filled with brightons, it also has half decent football teams

personally i don''t want to see him on the pitch unless he is fully fit, but i guess if we don''t have alternatives he will play, sell him, no way, he is, i hope a long term aquisistion and will be the backbone of our strikeforce for a long time to come