Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Southampton Game

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]You now owe your friend another £10 , oh and I cannot believe you do not understand the point that Nutty is making, so I will break it down for you......

Somebody who does not have a Norwich City season tickets suggests that those that do boycott a game as a form of protest, despite the fact that their seat has already been paid for, meaning no financial hit for the club, just an empty seat.

Season ticket holder (Nutty) suggests to non season ticket holders they can take part in a similar protest by buying a ticket for the Southampton game and not turning up, no financial hit for the club, just an empty seat.

Spot the similarity?........[/quote]No, I understood the point he was trying to make entirely. You didn''t quite get the point that I was trying to make: Do not answer a fool according to his folly or you will be just like him.Thanks though and I''m gonna guess that I won''t have the last word here either as there now appears to be a cartel of you that know better than many of the individuals that share their opinion on this message board. And you all seem to delight in pointing it out.

Buy a ticket and don''t go? I don''t need £25 but I''d rather take my daughter out and spend it on her.

Without fail I always attend friendlies and cup games, so it hurts me to stay away. In fact I was at CR 6 hours after she was born.

I''ll be staying away.

I''m going.....for the specific reason that I won''t need to queue for the toilet at half-time, due to no one going to the game......

The lounge will be mine......all mine.......all mine.......ALL MINE!......

......Mwahahaa!......Mwahahaa!......MWAHAHAA!......

CUSDP still doesn''t get it....

Will I be alone in the Nelson while Tillys alone in the Stracey? Perhaps we should go to a neutral venue☺

Here''s a question for you. If a plastic has the opportunity to go to the Southampton game due to availability of tickets, but decides to stay away out of protest how does it affect their status?

It''s a bit like if a tree falls down in the forest, etc., etc.

Apples

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Buy a ticket and don''t go? I don''t need £25 but I''d rather take my daughter out and spend it on her.

Without fail I always attend friendlies and cup games, so it hurts me to stay away. In fact I was at CR 6 hours after she was born.

I''ll be staying away.[/quote]I know some people have and will never boo, but I have always found it quite cathartic.Why not attend and make your feelings plain. They won''t hear you from the Castle Mall.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Here''s a question for you. If a plastic has the opportunity to go to the Southampton game due to availability of tickets, but decides to stay away out of protest how does it affect their status?

It''s a bit like if a tree falls down in the forest, etc., etc.

Apples[/quote]Quite pointless really Apples. According the Multiverse Theory there will be some universes where you attend and some where you won''t. There''s even universes where you are a different kind of fruit.[Y]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Buy a ticket and don''t go? I don''t need £25 but I''d rather take my daughter out and spend it on her.

I''ll be staying away.[/quote]I know some people have and will never boo, but I have always found it quite cathartic.Why not attend and make your feelings plain. They won''t hear you from the Castle Mall.[/quote]

I''m one of those that haven''t booed although I''ve used choice language.

My feelings will be shown in the way that I won''t be there Ricardo, along with many others that are staying away.

It pains me to do it as the thought of the Disney store kills me.

And Ricardo....castle mall is so 1996. It''s chapelfield now 😉

Yes nutty I get it. As soon as I posted 😂

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Buy a ticket and don''t go? I don''t need £25 but I''d rather take my daughter out and spend it on her.

I''ll be staying away.[/quote]I know some people have and will never boo, but I have always found it quite cathartic.Why not attend and make your feelings plain. They won''t hear you from the Castle Mall.[/quote]

I''m one of those that haven''t booed although I''ve used choice language.

My feelings will be shown in the way that I won''t be there Ricardo, along with many others that are staying away.

It pains me to do it as the thought of the Disney store kills me.

And Ricardo....castle mall is so 1996. It''s chapelfield now 😉

Yes nutty I get it. As soon as I posted 😂[/quote]If you promise to boo inside House of Fraser you can be excused.[:D]

"Quite pointless really Apples. According the Multiverse Theory there will be some universes where you attend and some where you won''t. There''s even universes where you are a different kind of fruit."

That being the case Ricardo we must all be season-ticket holders, casual fans and plastics simultaneously and you will be quaffing Peroni, Babycham and Sherry before attending, or not attending, the games?

Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]"Quite pointless really Apples. According the Multiverse Theory there will be some universes where you attend and some where you won''t. There''s even universes where you are a different kind of fruit."

That being the case Ricardo we must all be season-ticket holders, casual fans and plastics simultaneously and you will be quaffing Peroni, Babycham and Sherry before attending, or not attending, the games?

Apples[/quote]Indeed Apples, I also console myself that whilst strolling home from CR  in the cold and damp after another home defeat my other self will be celebrating a famous victory whilst been driven home in a golden chariot. I have found it a successful strategy in combating the roller coaster ride of 60 plus years of supporting NCFC.[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]Well yes no doubt you''re right buddy. But I thought it was an ideal opportunity for those people who don''t normally buy tickets but suggest those that do don''t go the games. These people could then put their money where their mouth is. Or where their bum isn''t...
I''m going to the cup game. In fact 7 of us are. 
[/quote]That''s over half a stand each.There''ll only be one person max blocking your view as they amble out...... Result ! [:D][/quote]
Love these games Smithy. I get to sit up the back in the dry. Luxury[H]
[/quote]To be fair you guys in the blankets do get s*it on ( or is that p*ssed on ? ) far too often down at the front. Enjoy your day in the echo chamber and hope you don''t suffer vertigo or agoraphobia [:D]

[quote user="Woodman"]Am I right in thinking the ''official attendance'' is the number of tickets sold rather than the number of people who go through the gates?[/quote]I think you''re right and if so the club are caught by the short and curlies for this one. With many season ticket holders giving it a swerve it''s a'' bums on seats game ''. Any '' creative accounting '' should be easy to spot as there''ll be so few there anyone with decent eyesight shouldn''t break sweat counting spectators on the day [;)]To be fair the bean counters deserve a sub-10,000 gate with their saucy £25 a pop for tickets. Sadly for them any extra monies they might have generated with a more sensible pricing structure would have come in handy for subbing out the alleged £2m pay-off due to AN when he eventually gets the inevitable heave-ho.It never rains......

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]Well yes no doubt you''re right buddy. But I thought it was an ideal opportunity for those people who don''t normally buy tickets but suggest those that do don''t go the games. These people could then put their money where their mouth is. Or where their bum isn''t...
I''m going to the cup game. In fact 7 of us are. 
[/quote]That''s over half a stand each.There''ll only be one person max blocking your view as they amble out...... Result ! [:D][/quote]
Love these games Smithy. I get to sit up the back in the dry. Luxury[H]
[/quote]To be fair you guys in the blankets do get s*it on ( or is that p*ssed on ? ) far too often down at the front. Enjoy your day in the echo chamber and hope you don''t suffer vertigo or agoraphobia [:D]

[/quote]
I''m not in there Smiffy. That''s where I enjoy the U23 games from. It was sit where you like all one price. I''m still in the great outdoors but at the summit. ....

I suggested people boycott this game precisely because it''s a game that most of us have not already paid for. I''ve not suggested anyone boycott league games although I like the idea of making a point through a mass walkout.

Anyway, we''re digressing from the point. What effective measures are there for people who never go to games to have their say and make the club sit up and notice. Just not buying a ticket for Southampton won''t make any difference because they just don''t buy a ticket for any other game. I thought I''d come up with the answer but apart from those too dim to understand nobody seems interested. 

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I suggested people boycott this game precisely because it''s a game that most of us have not already paid for. I''ve not suggested anyone boycott league games although I like the idea of making a point through a mass walkout.[/quote]
Do you usually come to cup games Jim?

I don''t know but the point will be most effectively made by season ticket holders and other members/regulars not buying tickets for a game like this as a potential vision of the future for the board.

Yes I''ve done most third round FA Cup games over the years. Not every single one but it''s a game I usually look out for as I love the FA Cup.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Yes I''ve done most third round FA Cup games over the years. Not every single one but it''s a game I usually look out for as I love the FA Cup.[/quote]
Well good on ya for making such a personal sacrifice for everyone else. What a man Jimbo. What a man.....
I''m going. Selfish git that I am.
But this won''t help those who never go to find a way to give something up. Buying a ticket for this but staying at home is still the only option I can think of....