Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Southampton Game

Here''s an idea of a way where all those who don''t go to games can have a meaningful protest. It''s simple really. Doesn''t matter if you live in Norwich or The North Pole.

Buy a ticket and don''t use it.

Surely that''s what they want, people spending more money watching a team that will lose as let''s face it, we''re always crap in the FA Cup!

The better way to make them understand is for no-one to buy a ticket?! Then they might realise how people feel?

Well yes no doubt you''re right buddy. But I thought it was an ideal opportunity for those people who don''t normally buy tickets but suggest those that do don''t go the games. These people could then put their money where their mouth is. Or where their bum isn''t...
I''m going to the cup game. In fact 7 of us are. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well yes no doubt you''re right buddy. But I thought it was an ideal opportunity for those people who don''t normally buy tickets but suggest those that do don''t go the games. These people could then put their money where their mouth is. Or where their bum isn''t...
[/quote]make sure you wrap up old fellait can get a bit chilly this time of yearespecially in that spot by the River  (end)link

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well yes no doubt you''re right buddy. But I thought it was an ideal opportunity for those people who don''t normally buy tickets but suggest those that do don''t go the games. These people could then put their money where their mouth is. Or where their bum isn''t...
[/quote]

The crowd for this match will be happy clappers and people''s xmas presents they don''t really want. I say about 12k max of you.

[/quote]That''s over half a stand each.There''ll only be one person max blocking your view as they amble out...... Result ! [:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]Well yes no doubt you''re right buddy. But I thought it was an ideal opportunity for those people who don''t normally buy tickets but suggest those that do don''t go the games. These people could then put their money where their mouth is. Or where their bum isn''t...
[/quote]That''s over half a stand each.There''ll only be one person max blocking your view as they amble out...... Result ! [:D][/quote]
Love these games Smithy. I get to sit up the back in the dry. Luxury[H]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]Well yes no doubt you''re right buddy. But I thought it was an ideal opportunity for those people who don''t normally buy tickets but suggest those that do don''t go the games. These people could then put their money where their mouth is. Or where their bum isn''t...
[/quote]That''s over half a stand each.There''ll only be one person max blocking your view as they amble out...... Result ! [:D][/quote][:D][Y]

We are using this game for research purposes,we''ve decided to go upstairs in the Barclay to see if it''s worth the move.

Nige, you''ve said some dumb things in 33,000 attempts but this is probably top. Your logic is this - I don''t like Nestle, and to prove it I buy Nescafe every week but refuse to drink it.

Yeah, it''s a bit like people who don''t go to games suggesting that people who have season tickets don''t go to games in protest.

Nutty Nigel?

Halfwit Harry more like.

Am I right in thinking the ''official attendance'' is the number of tickets sold rather than the number of people who go through the gates?

Good game to boycott. 8 of us, season ticket holders for 20 years, never missed a cup game before but not going.

Empty seats are the only thing that the board will notice but guess enough plastics will attend to hit 18000

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]Nige, you''ve said some dumb things in 33,000 attempts but this is probably top. Your logic is this - I don''t like Nestle, and to prove it I buy Nescafe every week but refuse to drink it.

[/quote]
My logic is why don''t people who expect others to buy a ticket and not use it make the same sacrifice themselves. £25 is near enough what a ST game is worth isn''t it?
Stick to ya feet doctoring if this sort of thing is beyond you...

perhaps if all the fat people stayed away that might make the crowd look smallerespecially round the food outletsand Morrisons

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]Nige, you''ve said some dumb things in 33,000 attempts but this is probably top. Your logic is this - I don''t like Nestle, and to prove it I buy Nescafe every week but refuse to drink it.

[/quote]
My logic is why don''t people who expect others to buy a ticket and not use it make the same sacrifice themselves. £25 is near enough what a ST game is worth isn''t it?
Stick to ya feet doctoring if this sort of thing is beyond you...
[/quote]I googled "feet doctoring" to see if it made any sense. Imagine my surprise when like the rest of what you''ve written on this thread it didn''t. [:^)]

You now owe your friend another £10 , oh and I cannot believe you do not understand the point that Nutty is making, so I will break it down for you......

Somebody who does not have a Norwich City season tickets suggests that those that do boycott a game as a form of protest, despite the fact that their seat has already been paid for, meaning no financial hit for the club, just an empty seat.

Season ticket holder (Nutty) suggests to non season ticket holders they can take part in a similar protest by buying a ticket for the Southampton game and not turning up, no financial hit for the club, just an empty seat.

Spot the similarity?........

Well - I''m a bit old school on this (literally) as I''ve always held the FA Cup in high regard - can still remember clearly the first FA Cup game I saw - Blackburn Rovers in 1966 and the queuing for tickets. So with some degree of hesitation I have my season ticket seat for the Saints game - whenever we go through bad/terrible spells I enjoy the social/pre-match side of going to games with more gusto. I''m also intrigued to see what sort of atmosphere/attendance we get especially if AN is still at the club. I totally respect any fan who decides not go as I know that many of those who sit with me and around me have made that choice - I must admit that the allure of some real grassroots football at Bungay Town or suchlike may have been a more appealing option.

More telling, however, is my mulling over of the annual renewal deadline - I''ve had a season ticket since 1979 and I would be reluctant to lose my seat in the Lower Barclay - however I did boycott for a season in the mid-1990s during Fat Robert''s tenure in charge and I''m sad to think that I might be considering this again. One thing I should have learnt after all these years is that in football the bad as well as the good seems to go in circles - well for Norwich fans anyway! Not happy at all with the way things are at the moment at Carrow Road and pretty out of love with many aspects of modern day football so hanging on a bit with the romanticism of the FA Cup that I cling on to from the past. Hope we win but hope for major changes at the club sooner rather than later!!!