Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

Liking the aggressive approach from the pinkun

I''m not. Journalists are supposed to be balanced. Most of the twaddle they are coming out with is ill informed blogging, rather than actual journalism.

They should ask themselves why Delia decided to give her interview to Henry Winter and Moxey refused the edp an interview at all.

Prejudiced, biased reporting could perhaps be the reason.

sgncfc wrote the following post at 30/12/2016 12:13 PM:

I''m not. Journalists are supposed to be balanced. Most of the twaddle they are coming out with is ill informed blogging, rather than actual journalism.

They should ask themselves why Delia decided to give her interview to Henry Winter and Moxey refused the edp an interview at all.

Prejudiced, biased reporting could perhaps be the reason.

I''ve seen nothing reported by them this season that isn''t accurate of what we are witnessing on the pitch. It''s all been pretty spot on in my opinion

Oooh errrr! I do hope Archant aren''t going to be banned or barred from Carrow Road......?

Maybe some inquisitive/ investigative journo can find out?.......

Can''t fault any of the articles. The coverage to me looks balanced and in fact if you had read the Birmingham Mail about the villa last season their comments are mild!

With the Club falling apart & in free fall from top to bottom, somebody needs to hold it to account.The whole thing is becoming a joke as we''ve gone from a well run PL Club last season to a complete shambles this season.

if they banned The EDP and Pinkun how would they look then !

even worse ( if possible ) than they do now

you can not take the praise Delia when things are going well then shut up shop when things go against you

wonder if Delia will sit in the Barclay stand Against Derby as it has been a while ?

Journalistic neutrality went out of the window a while ago

Could see a serious rift with the club coming up

We can make our own mind up archant just the facts please

Archant have given the club an easy ride for good while now, they seem to have stopped "gilding the lily, and report what the majority of fans witness at the matches, I am all for it.

It wasn''t that many years ago when the ex Archant MD was on the board and the local press were in the clubs pocket.

I''d urge Archant, once Neil does depart, to maintain this pressure on the club to search for an investor to move us forwards.

One of the things I don''t get about Archant is that they have one of the biggest minority shareholdings and yet were silent at the AGM. Meanwhile on this site columnists were urging shareholders to ask probing questions.

One of the things I do get is that they can''t publish any news so opinion is king.

In all fairness, the running of the club has made it easy to tear into them at the moment. Poor investment, the worst form in the league, one of the leagues worst defence records and no signs of any change. The January transfer window seems the clubs only hope of salvaging something, however given our record of recent investment, there isn''t a lot to fill the fans with confidence. If the board can''t see that and at least emphasise with the fans who ultimately keep the club running, then I guess the local press has a right to express their opinions.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]But the club hasn''t done anything wrong.....? Why the aggression?[/quote]The direction of travel has been plain to see for weeks. The only surprise is that it has taken Archant so long to cotton on to what has been obvious to the posters on this Forum for a couple of months. A groundswell has now been reached and they have decided to jump on the bandwagon.

Jumped on the bandwagon......Yep, it''s about time as well. If the NCFC Board, manager & squad get the huge kick up the ''arris that''s been on the cards for the last few weeks......I''m all for it!

I also hope the ''kicker'' is wearing steel tipped ''winkle pickers''......

ricardo wrote the following post at 30/12/2016 3:42 PM:

Mello Yello wrote:

But the club hasn''t done anything wrong.....? Why the aggression?

The direction of travel has been plain to see for weeks. The only surprise is that it has taken Archant so long to cotton on to what has been obvious to the posters on this Forum for a couple of months. A groundswell has now been reached and they have decided to jump on the bandwagon.

It''s all good copy for them now.

[quote user="Syteanric"]It wasn''t that many years ago when the ex Archant MD was on the board and the local press were in the clubs pocket.

.[/quote]

The one had nothing to do with the other. I am fairly confident Phillips was not the director who determined how Archant was treated.

Secondly, neutrality and balance are not the same thing, journalistically. Papers have a right not to be neutral, provided they are balanced.

And balanced does not mean sitting on the fence. Coverage can be balanced but still come down on one side or the other, and savagely, if that is a fair reflection of a fair view of the situation.

Apart from one misleading headline, which shouldn''t have got through, the EDP seems to be obeying the moral rules.

Quite a few years ago I had a conversation with Stephan Phillips at a function at Carrow Road, at the time he was still an Archant MD. He told me he was responsible for the operational side and had no influence over editorial items.

Ive always rated Michael Bailey, great personality and good article writing reminds me of James Richardson - witty with a hint of sarcasm. I wish Paddy Davitt looked at the camera more when they do their opinion pieces though, his shyness is disconcerting. Hope they keep up the good work, probably wounded after the refusal of the interview with Moxey was denied.

[quote user="Morgan"]Ive always rated Michael Bailey, great personality and good article writing reminds me of James Richardson - witty with a hint of sarcasm. I wish Paddy Davitt looked at the camera more when they do their opinion pieces though, his shyness is disconcerting. Hope they keep up the good work, probably wounded after the refusal of the interview with Moxey was denied.[/quote]

Funny you should say that about Davitt - its Baileys continued glances & smiles towards the camera when Davitt is talking that make me laugh

Also, I didnt realize Davitt was a Coventry supporter, so if Norwich are considered ''in crisis'' it is nothing compared to his team

However, I do genuinely like the videos they put out

Bailey is a hero, he used to play punk rock gigs at the Ferryboat Inn at the end of Kings St back in the day, my friend used to put him on!