Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Bring back the cusions

Whenever city played badly or when the fans became disgruntled can you remember the cushions being hurled onto the pitch from the main stand .one game was held up for over ten mins to clear the cushions .certainly was noticed .the surprising thing was it was always classed as a upper class stand .

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Club shop has them on a 2-4-1 offer at the moment, that should soften the blow.[/quote]
That kind of double blow is likely to knock the stuffing out of the board.

It was Charlton match when Ray Crawford (ex scummer) played up after being fouled. We drew 1-1 McDonnell (reserve striker) got ours. Think I can even remember the gate....14,000. Rum ole days.

Now back in the day those cushions were like square frisbies with sharp corners. Lethal weapons in fact. The usual target was the ref as he left the field. At full time only though. None of the old boys wanted to sit through the second half without one. At times they were also aimed at Geoffrey Watling whilst the Barclay gave it the Zigger Zigger chant.

At one time the FA put the club under threat of ground closure if they continued to allow this behaviour.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Club shop has them on a 2-4-1 offer at the moment, that should soften the blow.[/quote]
That kind of double blow is likely to knock the stuffing out of the board.
[/quote]

AN has issued instructions that they can only be sold on a 4-2-3-1 offer but I''m not sure what it''s got to do with him!

[quote user="Hard Cell"]It was Charlton match when Ray Crawford (ex scummer) played up after being fouled. We drew 1-1 McDonnell (reserve striker) got ours. Think I can even remember the gate....14,000. Rum ole days.[/quote]HC, I think you mean Neil O''Donnell 1969/70

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Club shop has them on a 2-4-1 offer at the moment, that should soften the blow.[/quote]

I went into the club shop after the Huddersfield game to buy the DVD of last season and was offered a second copy free. The assistant was most perplexed when I turned the freebie down, saying my masochism only extended so far...

I can remember cushions at Twickenham when I was a kid, Carrow Rd though I was always standing at the Barclay End, didn''t know about seats or cushions.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Webbo118 wrote;

AN has issued instructions that they can only be sold on a 4-2-3-1 offer but I''m not sure what it''s got to do with him.

Sounds like throwing cushion to the wind.[/quote]

Lessingham, that has to be the worst pun I have ever read on this board - and that''s saying something after the Warburton thread!

They weren''t always aimed at the pitch. Sometimes they were just slung at Geoffrey Watling and his cronies of the day...

Nothing much changes really.

The cushions were the property of the Norwich City Football Supporters Association. They were green squares with yellow piping around the edges with a cushion pin in the middle and NCFSA printed on them. For just a few old pence you could lob them at anyone you fancied. Several times ground closure threat notices were bill posted around the ground due to this past time.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]The cushions were the property of the Norwich City Football Supporters Association.[/quote]So they were the root cause of all the hooliganism that was to follow Crafty?  Should have been banned for life. [;)]

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Three old pence?

Those were the days...Bill Punton racing down the left wing[/quote]And finishing in a heap near the corner flag every time Tangy. Yep, those were the days [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Donkey dangler"]Three old pence?

Those were the days...Bill Punton racing down the left wing[/quote]And finishing in a heap near the corner flag every time Tangy. Yep, those were the days [:D][/quote]I imagined that one day he would just charge straight on, cartoon-character style, and leave a Punton-sized hole in the crowd.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Donkey dangler"]Three old pence?

Those were the days...Bill Punton racing down the left wing[/quote]And finishing in a heap near the corner flag every time Tangy. Yep, those were the days [:D][/quote]I imagined that one day he would just charge straight on, cartoon-character style, and leave a Punton-sized hole in the crowd.[/quote]When he was in full cry we used to shout "open the gates!".

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Donkey dangler"]Three old pence?

Those were the days...Bill Punton racing down the left wing[/quote]And finishing in a heap near the corner flag every time Tangy. Yep, those were the days [:D][/quote]I imagined that one day he would just charge straight on, cartoon-character style, and leave a Punton-sized hole in the crowd.[/quote]When he was in full cry we used to shout "open the gates!".[/quote][:)]

The cushion throwing was sometimes provoced by us Barclay Boys changing ''Bring on the cushions!'' When the occasion demanded.

Perhaps cushion hurling should be a half-time contest?

As for Alex Neil and the Bored of Directors they deserve a visit from The Spanish Inquisition and a trip to the comfy chairs.