Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Maddison

Just quoting AN from his presser Apples, one of the journo''s tweeted it earlier.

Making Plans wrote the following post at 2016-12-31 10:04 AM:

He''s coming back - somebody is being sold then

Possibly more than some(body). How many of the current midfielders want to stay?

Not forgetting the injury situation either and with Mulumbu off to the African Nations Cup. If AN is going to stay as the last few days suggest, then bringing the youngsters together as a (playing) squad is the only way forward, and at the AGM when questioned didn''t he suggest these youngsters "were for the future".

With a 7m debt forecast by the club for next season if promotion doesn''t materialise this, something has to give, and the transfer window will be the start.

Maddison isn''t a Mulumbu or a Howson, but more a Wes, Pritchard type, both struggled to get a regular start since our poor run.

Starting to think Pritchard might be heading Brighton bound, Brady to Palace and Klose back to Germany. I can''t see anyone will stump up cash for Naismith, he''ll still be here this time next year!

If we do get anyone in it''ll be on loan as we start to align our finances no doubts.

Neil seemed to suggest it depends on what happens in this window- so if Naismith and Brady both left we would keep him I''d assume?

Don''t think Maddison returning definitely indicates that either he''s going to play much for us this season or that someone in his position is being sold.

It is, however, shrewd of Neil to take a closer look at Maddison and the progression made, considering the predicament we''re currently in. Can always loan him back out at the end of the transfer window if it''s felt to be the best course of action rather than him remaining here.

Maddison was always going to be back here during the Scottish winter break. I''m sure he''ll return for the rest of Aberdeen''s fixtures ... there''s no smoke without fire - and Aberdeen sounded very confident!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Alfie54"]Wes off to Wolves?[/quote]
I really hope not. 
[/quote]

If we do keep Pritchard and Maddison his chances of playing must become much tougher. When Lambert joined Wolves saw a quote where he said he needed experience, maybe 2 + 2 = 5?

Surely we''d be getting closer to 0.6m for Naismith.Not read the new article but I thought he was coming back and then going back after their break if we don''t sell somebody.