Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Maddison

So Maddison gets the green light to extend his Aberdeen stay. Well done AN, don''t you think he would be better employed here, along with Pritchard, Canos and a few more? Just sums up the whole Norwich City debacle of 2016.

Why wear down his confidence with a return here when we have multiple options in that position already?

Mind you I may too become as apoplectic if we continue with the failed experiment of Howson at no 10 instead of the better options of pritchard, wes, naimsith & maddison

Maybe Pritchard and Canos should go out on loan to give them a chance to get their confidence back! Looks like we''ll be by passing midfield anyway, just lumping it up for Jerome and Bassong!

Well, I''m very disappointed with this as I was hoping that he may be a catalyst to save our season. Oh well......
You can watch him tonight btw ko 7.30pm v Motherwell away.  

Maddison has been a bit off the boil recently as have Aberdeen. I''d suggest it''s better for him to finish the season there rather than be called back, hailed the Messiah, play a half, get subbed and then get roundly slagged by the more swivel-eyed contingent of our fanbase.

Apples

Stinks of Sturgeon and the independence crew.

Send our better players over the border while the Bay City Rollers tribute band continues to badly coach and manage our team and players and before we know it Scottish football is on the up again.

Well we''ve got plenty of options in that position - the question I guess is AN hasn''t felt that any of them are consistent enough to play them regularly so you''d think he''d want to see what Maddison has to offer. He''s certainly proved himself where he is.

Let''s not forget we''re talking about the SPFL. Tony Andreu was a top performer in this league and Gary Hooper was a top striker. [:)]

We really have got a large squad and that includes many expensive younger players as well as our own players that have come through, all with a fair bit of potential, and who get very little game time.

Unfortunately most of them seem to play in the same positions and in a system that doesn''t really suit them.

We really need to sort this squad out!

And has 4-2-3-1 really been that successful for us?

It certainly hasn''t worked this year against the teams in the top half of the table, only against the likes of Brentford and Aston Villa who, in all fairness, were pretty dire.

Did it work last season or is that where the problem lies?

How did we get to have so many number 10''s when only recently we were wondering who would follow Wes?

I would like to see Maddison stay here and be given a chance although that may be wishful thinking.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Bit early for the Brandy isn''t it?

Apples[/quote]

Thinking of making Calvados, mon ami Monsieur Pomme.

What fruit do I use?

Mind you I bought some powdered water the other day and don''t know what to mix with it.

What would be the point in bringing him back with this idiot still managing our team. He wont even put Wes or Pritchard in the side so having Madison around would be a waste of time. Better off him staying and getting games unless we change the manager.

Leave him there til end of season. Get rid of dead wood in the summer and he will be ready here for next season.

Canos needs Loaning out, Jacob, Josh, Brady, Naismith, Pritchard, Jarvis all be ahead of him in the pecking order in that position.

Anyone else think Naismith will be gone in January? Maddison should stay there until the sh!t sandwich down here has been gobbled down. I''m glad he''s our player though. Remember when we almost had Callum Wilson?

Can''t see Naismith going, don''t think he wants to go anyway.

If we wouldn''t have signed Grabban then Wilson would''ve been ours. Alex Neil probably wouldn''t play him anyway, be lucky to make the 18 some pweeks.

I''m still laughing at Keelan''s Grandad''s comment that Norwich are currently being coached by a Bay City Rollers Tribute Band!

I can just imagine down at Colney: "Right lads, in this morning''s Shang-a-Lang session we''ll mainly be Doin'' a bit of Doo Wop be Dooby do Ay in a 4-2-3-1 formation..."

Must mean we are expecting Naismith to stay then.

A shame in some ways as I think he''d be a good option to have in our squad, but hopefully it means we''ll get a much more experienced Maddison to use at our disposal for next season!

Aberdeen have also finally realised they need to use him more carefully and can''t flog the hell out him, so it looks promising for him.

Apples

Maddison is not the answer to solving our current dismal run of performances. He is better off cutting his teeth away from here for the whole season. What we need is a grafter and winner on the pitch, not an inexperienced young talent. Maddison is one for our future.

AN is never going to pick him anyway, so this isn''t actually a bad thing for our current situation.

Might as well send Canos somewhere too. These players aren''t going to get any better sat in the reserves. Hopefully next season we can actually give some of the young and hungry players a go.

A bright light to appear out of the gloom someone to entertain with skills energy and drive which is sadly lacking amongst the present group of players.

Sorry folks another Neil erroneous decision. Maddison to stay in Scotland.

AN said in his presser that there has been no agreement with Aberdeen to extend Madison''s loan and he will be back with City training on Monday.

That''s not what Aberdeen are saying...reported today:

"We have had good news with James Maddison being able to extend his loan. Norwich have confirmed to me that James will be staying. His loan finishes on January 4 and the view from Norwich is that he will extend until the end of the season before then."

Apples

[quote user="Ron Manager"]AN said in his presser that there has been no agreement with Aberdeen to extend Madison''s loan and he will be back with City training on Monday.[/quote]Speaking after the Dons/Accies game, Derek McInnes appeared confident that Maddison would be staying. Maybe just a matter of the terms of the extension. Having seen several streams of Maddison in action for the Dons, I think he''d struggle physically in the Championship; better for him to stay at Aberdeen IMO.